PDA

View Full Version : Moved to Aberdeen

Mike
8th September 2012, 10:28 PM
Hi

Moved to Aberdeen yesterday and brought my 2003 Cooper S in silver with black stripes with me. Keen to get involved in any meets and events and will hopefully join on the 14th of October for the run if that's ok.

Has anyone done any track days at Knockhill? My car is standard at the moment but would love to get involved with this. I did the Nurburgring a few weeks ago and have been hooked.

Also, do you do any stands or runs to car shows?

Cheers

Mike

Stewart
8th September 2012, 11:46 PM
Welcome to the Site!:welcome:

There is usually a few runs or meets arranged over the year and I know a few have been to car shows etc and have had a NMS stand or up to go to Knockhill for the MINI racing. It’s getting to the end of the season so there may only be a few things in the works but credit to the site and the members who make an effort to keep things like runs ticking over year after year.

Always nice to see wee pic of your car to introduce yourself (edit the plate out) and its all good.

stoney
9th September 2012, 09:27 AM
Welcome to Nms

We do runs try the year there are not meany show in Scotland so we don't do a lot but it's all about organising them witch any one is welcome to do ;)

As for track days we have done a few in the past but just getting them set up and enuf people to take part to make it worth while ;)

rpn
9th September 2012, 11:30 AM
Welcome to Aberdeen, Mike. Fit like? :welcome:

Will keep a look out for you.

As for track days in Knockhill, not in a Mini but bikes a few times. :biker:

Tam1314
9th September 2012, 12:08 PM
Welcome Mike, will keep an eye out for an 03 Cooper S in silver

I have a red Cooper S, first part of reg is G4

MINIme:)
9th September 2012, 12:47 PM
:welcome: and to my hometown too. Am up to see my Mum a few times a year ;)
Fit like from me as well! :yes nod:

Mike
9th September 2012, 05:00 PM

Hopefully that should of uploaded the photos ok? After 550 miles to get here I thought it was due a clean before I took them.

The event at Knockhill on the 30th of September looks pretty good depending on what your into. They are hosting BDC which I have seen at Castle Combe, Donnington and Brands Hatch and is usually pretty good to watch. Here's the link for it: http://motorsport-events.knockhill.com/streetcar-scotland-with-british-drifting-championships.php

Give me a shout if anyone is driving down from Aberdeen or wants to join on the way.

Was anyone driving a GP North on the A90 yesterday that ruined a silver S?

Stewart
9th September 2012, 05:58 PM
Very nice I wish you and your S a happy move north!

LadyR
9th September 2012, 06:26 PM
Welcome to nms and welcome to Aberdeen! Not strictly home but close enough :) enjoy the a96 ;)

Tam1314
9th September 2012, 06:31 PM
Where have you moved from ?

stoney
9th September 2012, 06:42 PM

Hopefully that should of uploaded the photos ok? After 550 miles to get here I thought it was due a clean before I took them.

The event at Knockhill on the 30th of September looks pretty good depending on what your into. They are hosting BDC which I have seen at Castle Combe, Donnington and Brands Hatch and is usually pretty good to watch. Here's the link for it: http://motorsport-events.knockhill.com/streetcar-scotland-with-british-drifting-championships.php

Give me a shout if anyone is driving down from Aberdeen or wants to join on the way.

Was anyone driving a GP North on the A90 yesterday that ruined a silver S?

Was it a Girl driving if so it will have been Fay :)

Craig
9th September 2012, 06:49 PM
:welcome: Mike

Mike
10th September 2012, 09:32 PM
I drove up from near Southampton, took 10 and a half hours in the end. Have you always been local?

I don't think it was a girl, or at least that's the story im going to go with considering it went passed me and I didn't catch up with it again... :)

Is the a96 a good road? Hopefully it doesn't have as many speed cameras as the road from Dundee to Aberdeen! Are there many speed cameras up in the mountains?

stoney
10th September 2012, 10:01 PM
I drove up from near Southampton, took 10 and a half hours in the end. Have you always been local?

I don't think it was a girl, or at least that's the story im going to go with considering it went passed me and I didn't catch up with it again... :)

Is the a96 a good road? Hopefully it doesn't have as many speed cameras as the road from Dundee to Aberdeen! Are there many speed cameras up in the mountains?

Think I may of found out who it was as they are a member of the Gp club dont think they are on here tho after lots of hinting :lol: and no it was not a girl in the end :lol:

LadyR
10th September 2012, 11:47 PM
Nope, the a96 is a pain in the arse but it's a means to an end! Plenty crafty speed vans too. This lot know all the goo runs though I've not managed to get out on any yet.

N16SHP
11th September 2012, 01:50 PM
Hey Mike, welcome to NMS from another fell NMSer in Aberdeen. The A96 is quite possibly the most boring road in the country. On a 70 mile stretch of road between Aberdeen and Dundee there must be rougly 10 speed cameras...between Dundee and Edinburgh I think there is 2 lol! Never mind, get on some of the back roads and go for a blast, never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Gismo
11th September 2012, 02:17 PM
Hey Mike, welcome to NMS from another fell NMSer in Aberdeen. The A96 is quite possibly the most boring road in the country. On a 70 mile stretch of road between Aberdeen and Dundee there must be rougly 10 speed cameras...between Dundee and Edinburgh I think there is 2 lol! Never mind, get on some of the back roads and go for a blast, never fails to bring a smile to my face.Your thinking of the A90, the A96 goes North / North West up to Inverness

Tam1314
11th September 2012, 02:45 PM
It certainly does, tho it is equally boring :-)

Mike
11th September 2012, 08:40 PM
That’s good to know; getting overtaken by a girl and not catching back up again would be hard to live down. They’re still the same power as the JCW though right?

Looking forward to the run in a few weeks, let’s hope it’s dry because my Wanli tyres are terrible...

N16SHP – Do you think you will do the Deeside run on the 16th of October?

stoney
11th September 2012, 08:57 PM
The GP has a bit more power than a JCW and are also lighter than a jcw ;)

Duncan Stewart
14th September 2012, 11:40 PM
:welcome:

dellie
16th September 2012, 01:51 AM
Welcome, I'm also in Aberdeen!!

Tam1314
16th September 2012, 12:21 PM
I will keep an eye out for you guys

N16SHP
17th September 2012, 12:51 PM
Your thinking of the A90, the A96 goes North / North West up to Inverness

Yup, thats what I meant. You'd think about 25 years of living in Aberdeen I've have it sussed by now :thumbs up:

N16SHP – Do you think you will do the Deeside run on the 16th of October?

If I have the spare cash for the tank of fuel then a'l be on it, but won't know until nearer the time!

Colin
21st September 2012, 12:53 PM
:welcome:

Mike
26th January 2013, 09:58 PM

Never pick a fight with a snowplough...

Craig
26th January 2013, 10:16 PM
Ouch !! :(

What happened ?? Nobody hurt I hope ??

Mike
26th January 2013, 10:20 PM
It was parked on the side of a road and a snowplough came past too close. Pushed it a metre down the road while opening it like a tin opener.

26th January 2013, 10:26 PM
:wtf:
oh my god!! :sad: :sad: I hope they are flippin well paying for it :ragin:

LadyR
26th January 2013, 11:14 PM
Nooo!! :( grim.

rpn
26th January 2013, 11:43 PM
Oh, no. :blink:

Craig
26th January 2013, 11:47 PM
It was parked on the side of a road and a snowplough came past too close. Pushed it a metre down the road while opening it like a tin opener.

Feck !! :argh:

Hope they don't write the car off as that looks expensive :(

Gismo
27th January 2013, 01:09 AM
Arghhh ffs

stoney
27th January 2013, 09:58 AM
Not good :( but main thing is no one was hurt :)

G17RDY
27th January 2013, 10:29 AM
Holy Moly, that's horrific - sorry to see that.

The Enrique's
27th January 2013, 02:30 PM
Shocking...:ragin:
Same thing happen to my golf in 2003 at Huntly, Aberdeenshire.

RobSco
27th January 2013, 03:02 PM
Not so good...:thud:...Main thing is, no one was injured... Hope you get it sorted out... :yes nod:

Stewart
27th January 2013, 03:23 PM
Sad to see!

Think I feel I’ve lost a pure Silver bother. I hope they can fix it rather than scrap as it looks a really nice MINI.

Mike
27th January 2013, 04:21 PM
I went to get a quote at an official BMW approved body shop and they quoted 5k so looking like the insurance company will probably want to write it off, its a 2003 with low 70k on the clock. The plough damaged the structural panel that runs the length of the car so sadly not just a quarter panel and spray job.
Only had it since the summer, it got broken in at Knockhill properly and now was just waiting for the snow and rain to clear off before playing on dry roads up in the mountains all summer :(

27th January 2013, 05:40 PM
:sad:

did they actually stop and say anything or just plough on? :ragin:

T5LLC
27th January 2013, 05:41 PM
welcome to nms :)

Mike
27th January 2013, 07:20 PM
MINIme:) - You've just joined the many many people that have made some winner of jokes this last week :)
Thankfully the driver stopped and we exchanged details, going through the process of insurance now but not sure how it's going to turn out...

N16SHP
27th January 2013, 08:11 PM
Ouch! That is seriously not cool. I can't even look at that without wincing! Hope the repair goes ok!!

Mon the fish
27th January 2013, 08:14 PM
See what they offer to buy the car off them as a write-off, as mind BMW's price will be brand new parts and expensive labour - may be able to source parts from a breakers, to make it a cost effective repair

Colin
28th January 2013, 09:57 AM
Just seen this. Aww poor wee MINI :frown: Hope you get it all sorted out.

adm_kdy
30th January 2013, 08:21 PM
Hi mike, iv just joined the forum from Aberdeen to, i'l keep a look out for you! :thumbs up:

G17RDY
30th January 2013, 09:31 PM
I have to say Mike, whilst this may be heartbreaking, and i'm not in any way trying to make light of the situation, but that has to be the absolute best battle scar i have seen on any car!!

Best of luck with the insurance, hopefully there will be a silver lining for you!

Mike
24th March 2013, 10:30 PM
I have battled the insurance company and won! It got written off for more than I paid for it, I bought it back for cheaper than the tires I put on it a few months before and got it repaired reasonably cheaply. Got it back on Friday and had such an amazing drive up in the mountains today. Bring on the next Mini meet...

Gismo
24th March 2013, 11:30 PM
I have battled the insurance company and won! It got written off for more than I paid for it, I bought it back for cheaper than the tires I put on it a few months before and got it repaired reasonably cheaply. Got it back on Friday and had such an amazing drive up in the mountains today. Bring on the next Mini meet...Excellent result :thumbs up:

Crombers
25th March 2013, 12:04 AM
Result :thumbs up:

Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag:

Some scar, glad to see a quick heal :yes:

RobSco
26th March 2013, 06:48 PM
I have battled the insurance company and won! It got written off for more than I paid for it, I bought it back for cheaper than the tires I put on it a few months before and got it repaired reasonably cheaply. Got it back on Friday and had such an amazing drive up in the mountains today. Bring on the next Mini meet...

Now thats what you call a result... :thumbs up:...Glad to see you got it all sorted out and back up and running... Enjoy... :clap:

rpn
26th March 2013, 10:12 PM
Good news Mike, glad you got her sorted and also in the http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/rpn48/Smilies/money_zps30bab961.gif too

ELFMAN
27th March 2013, 03:27 PM
Well, they say every cloud has a silver lining:rain: this one has a nice silver R53 saved from the scrappie! :motoring: :cool: :whoohoo:
Excellent result :thumbs up: It IS Easter after all, a time for resurrection! :smilewinkgrin: