PDA

View Full Version : JC Works query

mgemie
11th August 2004, 09:15 AM
Does BMW/MINI offer an induction kit filter as part of their JCW package for MCs + MSCs? I'm just asking this since it would be useful to find out if fitting an 'official' MINI induction kit would allow the driver to keep warranty since fitting aftermarket induction kits voids MINI warranty.

anyone know?

R7 ETH
11th August 2004, 05:11 PM
I am sure one of the JCW owners will be along soon:cool:

Monsta Mo Mini
11th August 2004, 05:17 PM
You used to be able to buy a JCW induction kit seperately from the whole Works conversion and have it fitted by the dealer thus not affecting your warranty. John and Rob Lightbody have the JCW filter fitted to their coopers.

From what i remember from seeing John's filter, it wobbled about a fair bit and wasn't the best fit! The K&N seems to be the best for fit and the PiperX for noise!

They can be swapped with the standard airbox in 5 minutes;)

Nenah
11th August 2004, 05:22 PM
Julz, what is your experience from dealing with JC re aftermarket kits and warranty issues. I have been told two different stories by BMW re warranty issues and would like to know what they told you.

Burple
11th August 2004, 06:49 PM
The RAM-air one is a really good fit too...
It actually sounds a little bit louder / better than the PiperX one!!

And very easy to fit! :D:D:D

mgemie
11th August 2004, 07:40 PM
i currently have the pipercross filter fitted but i'm wanting to find a warranty-allowable induction kit, if such a thing exists...

Willie M
11th August 2004, 08:16 PM
Might be worth checking with your dealer Marc. MINI are apparently soon to announce a whole range of JCW branded goodies for the car.

mgemie
11th August 2004, 08:44 PM
mmm...i might make another visit to my dealer (at least i've got an excuse this time!!:D;)) It seems i'm there twice a week, every week these days:D:I:cool:

Scottie
11th August 2004, 10:13 PM
I have the K&N Typhoon fitted. As to warranty well yes its a no go. BUT(we that's the dealer + I) have come to a understanding. The TLC is no longer valid I have to pay for a service etc but they will fix anything major under the warranty.
This is a family run dealer and it seemed fair to me.

mgemie
11th August 2004, 11:13 PM
Yeah i think i'll have to just keep removing the induction kit whenever the car goes in for servicing:D..until the JCW accessories are avilable then i'll probably get the 'official' induction kit..

Willie - i've just come back from the dealer and there's still no definate release date for the MIN JCW range...ah well..

Nenah
12th August 2004, 01:42 AM
I was told that all parts on the car are remain covered by warranty excluding the BBR parts which are covered a the BBR warranty.

Gismo
12th August 2004, 04:49 AM
Proving that the BBR stuff didn't cause any problem is my only concern, other than that my dealer continues to service and repair any warranty parts on my mildly modded mota