PDA

View Full Version : V5C issues

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2012, 11:57 AM
Looking for some advice from our MINI buddies...

The dealer we bought the Audi S5 from a few weeks ago keeps promising to send on the V5C once he gets it from the previous keeper of the car. It's almost 4 weeks now and still no V5C. Each time I call he claims the lady is out the country and her son is promising to "drop it off" with him and as soon as he gets it he'll send it on.

I can't get through to DVLA (constantly "experiencing extremely high volume of calls, yada yada yada...") to ask them how I can get hold of a replacement.

Anyone got any ideas? Other than driving down to Skelmersdale near Manchester and banging on his desk I've honestly no idea what to do.

A.

ianking
3rd September 2012, 12:10 PM
Fill out a V62 form. It allows for change of keeper. It asks specific things like chassis number etc which you can get from the car itself. It may however cost you £19 or there abouts I think unless it lets you off for being a new keeper and not having received the V5. Certainly there is a charge if you had lost the V5 yourself but you never actually got one in the first place so they may let you off with the charge. You can get the V62 at the post office or you may be able to download it at directgov website.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2012, 12:20 PM
Cheers Ian. As luck would have it I finally got through to DVLA just after I made the original post.

Downloaded V62. Just spoke to the dealer again just now and he insists he is putting the V5C in the post today so, we'll wait to Thursday to send off a V62.

A.

Craig
3rd September 2012, 12:27 PM
Not good mate - hopefully its sorted soon ;)

What kind of dealer buys in a car without the v5c ???

MINIme:)
3rd September 2012, 01:18 PM
What craig said.... !! Good luck getting it sorted.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2012, 03:29 PM

Clearly a dealer who doesn't give a toss about their customers. Not only was there no V5C at hand over he's done very little to chase getting the V5 from the previous keeper. Once I was out the showroom I was a forgotten nobody. We've learned our lesson and although at a franchised dealer you pay more, there's a reason for that.

A.

Burple
4th September 2012, 01:12 PM

Dont'...

Even..

Start..

Me......... :hand::p