PDA

View Full Version : Learner drivers in Cooper S's

MartinSullivan
11th August 2004, 04:54 AM
Today I have seen two Cooper S's with L plates on driving around Aberdeen, being driven by young girls. When I learnt to drive I had to make do with an old cavalier, a land rover or my instructers Nissan Micra - whats the world coming too? Guess I am just jealous :eek:

Did get a big wave and grin from them both though - so looks they are being well trained :D

The Dogfather
11th August 2004, 06:49 AM
They are barely on the road and Martin is already trying to seduce them to the ways of NMS.

X30YES
11th August 2004, 08:03 PM
Where Where !! haha

VFR-Ray
12th August 2004, 04:29 AM
Sadly I don't use the Cooper S, but I can offer a smart red MOD!:D
Since I purchased my MOD (purely for business reasons you understand) the phone has not stopped ringing.
I had to learn to drive in a Vauxhall Viva:I, but it was the HC.
Yes, I know most of you don't remember the Viva's.

X30YES
12th August 2004, 04:45 AM
VIVA ESPANIA ...or is that a different Viva , haha , must admit I do remember the square box from Vauxhall..hellish looking when you think back . I did have the pleasure of learning to drive in a Mini Van ....back seat folded down to make more room and back up for passengers ..think the battery was under the rear seat as well ?

3GGG
12th August 2004, 05:26 AM
A Viva - luxury - I learnt in an Austin 1100 :(

Nenah
12th August 2004, 08:01 AM
I dont know - kids of today! I learnt in a 1948 SWB Series 1 Land Rover that didnt have a second gear - now thats doing it tough! My first car was modern in comparison - a 1974 - my first car was a Valiant Charger E49 which I inherited from my grandfather with only appox. 9,000kms on the clock - dont make 'em like that anymore - what a car!

GAJ
12th August 2004, 06:22 PM
First 4 cars I drove - 1977 Mk IV Cortina, Talbot Samba (only once and never again!!) and an 1975 Austin Maxi with no 3rd Gear and a MG Midget with a Dolomite Sprint engine!!

Monsta Mo Mini
12th August 2004, 08:23 PM
I learned to drive in an ex-Hyroboard blue Minivan and my first car was a metallic snot green Viva until the steering wheel came off while driving - still the worst car I have ever driven!