PDA

View Full Version : Newbie by default

Dm65
18th August 2012, 12:24 AM
Hi all, firstly I feel I should explain that technically I'm not a mini owner. That said the wife has a 2011 Cooper, my oldest daughter has a 2011 First, and my second oldest, who is still taking lessons has just acquired a 2002 One. Apparently its my job to make sure they're kept clean and full of fuel, so for me I have the right to be here by default. Lol
Three years ago I bought the oldest a 2001 One, shortly followed an Aero kit, roof spoiler and Cooper S split rims, colour coded the lot and a straight through exhaust with a 4" tail pipe. Hey I'm a throw back from the 80's, all we knew was big wheels and an exhaust.
The new addition to the family, (2002 One) is pretty tired, I'm looking to swap the steering wheel for an after market one, also the interior is scabbie to say the least, so again I'm looking at a couple of after market seats, my question is can anyone advise what will happen when I disconnect the air bags? Will this affect the management system? Or will it simply work as normal with the air bag warning light on the dash, and I take it some of the "digi dash board" people who are around will be able to sort this?
I welcome any advice.
Regards

stoney
18th August 2012, 08:53 AM
:welcome: sorry can not help in the air bag side but i do know you can get dummy's put in to turn off the light

Mini Ecosse
18th August 2012, 08:59 AM
Hi, :welcome:

RobSco
18th August 2012, 09:23 AM
Hi

Welcome to New Mini Scotland... :thumbs up:

:welcome:

I'm sure someone will be along to hopefully answer your question shortly... Sorry I can't Help...

Craig
18th August 2012, 09:35 AM

T5LLC
18th August 2012, 11:54 AM

Gismo
18th August 2012, 02:28 PM
Ask mikeythemini about the air bag issue

AndyP & Lenore
18th August 2012, 02:52 PM

Seems like an awful lot of work to not have your OWN MINI to drive about in.

I'm also in the "sorry, not a clue on the airbag issue" camp.

Like Gismo say's, MIkietheMINI will know: Site sponsor NewMINIStuff. (http://www.newministuff.com/new/index.php)

A.:thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
18th August 2012, 09:31 PM

john
19th August 2012, 06:06 PM
The seat airbags can be cancelled out by BMW, Works seats do not have airbags. Alternatively you can fit a fuse ( I think it's a 3amp) in place of the seat airbag and the same goes for the steering wheel.
have a look on mini2.com I'm sure the answer is there.