PDA

View Full Version : Milltek Exhaust - R53 Mini Cooper S

Bry865
14th August 2012, 02:40 PM
Ok I have been looking for a stock exhaust as the one on the car was a bit of a mess. There was a stainless silencer on one side and an original silencer in poor condition on the other side, the joints and pipes corroded between the older original and the stainless add-on.

So today I had a Milltek cat-back supplied and fitted by the guys at Alloa Auto Care :thumbs up::yes nod:, great price and fantastic service. Found them on Milltek's Site, nearest dealers.

Gismo
14th August 2012, 02:43 PM
Nice one, had that on my last S :thumbsup:

stoney
14th August 2012, 02:52 PM
Good stuff

ELFMAN
14th August 2012, 04:36 PM
:thumbs up:

nobbyclark
21st August 2012, 05:02 PM
Ok I have been looking for a stock exhaust as the one on the car was a bit of a mess. There was a stainless silencer on one side and an original silencer in poor condition on the other side, the joints and pipes corroded between the older original and the stainless add-on.

So today I had a Milltek cat-back supplied and fitted by the guys at Alloa Auto Care :thumbs up::yes nod:, great price and fantastic service. Found them on Milltek's Site, nearest dealers.

How much, if it's not too rude an ask? I think my original system is about to pack in after 10 years of service.

Fartin Martin
25th August 2012, 04:27 AM
How much, if it's not too rude an ask? I think my original system is about to pack in after 10 years of service.

Haha. I'd like to know as well :)

Bry865
25th August 2012, 09:26 AM
Ordered it on the Monday morning, they had it in stock the next day and fitted that afternoon, all in all fantastic service, £540 supplied and fitted, if you call them ask for Alan as he is the guy I dealt with.

Fartin Martin
25th August 2012, 09:32 AM
That seems pretty cheap..to buy it, it's about that I'm sure...?

Bry865
25th August 2012, 09:35 AM
I know, I was even getting quotes in excess of £580 for supply only so when Andy gave me the price I booked the car in straight away. Have to say they done a great job, fitted in less than an hour and that was with bracket issues.

Fartin Martin
25th August 2012, 09:36 AM
Nice one man! I'm gonna see if my garage can match it! Aha :)

Fartin Martin
25th August 2012, 09:37 AM
Can you post a vid of the sound..when it's hot? Looking on YouTube right now at the JCW milltek and scorpion. Just don't know what one to go for though.

Bry865
25th August 2012, 09:45 AM
from what I could gather from looking through the vids and info I found on the net the Milltek is the quietest one, next would be the JCW and the loudest being the Scorpion but don't hold me to that. I went for the milltek and I am really pleased with it, sounds good when you are up the revs, not too loud to upset neighbours and no drone on the motorway.

Fartin Martin
25th August 2012, 09:50 AM
Oh really...?! Jeezo. Now I'm more confused!! Lol tbh..apparently my cars already pretty loud as stock. So what's a deeper drone between a few neighbours :p it's all this chat about de-cats and all that just stresses me out lol

Bry865
25th August 2012, 09:58 AM
It can be a bit like :argh: but I'm happy to keep the cat, the milltek is louder than stock and Id say a deeper tone too, but not so much that you need :shut up: if your heading on the motorway for any length of time

Fartin Martin
25th August 2012, 10:05 AM
Suppose that's all I'm looking for really. And a few more bangs. Time for more research! Lol

nobbyclark
30th August 2012, 03:19 PM
My local indy garage is quoting 550+vat to supply and fit. Will try and get him down a bit!

ELFMAN
30th August 2012, 04:48 PM
Suppose that's all I'm looking for really. And a few more bangs. Time for more research! Lol

I know I'm biased , but what about PLAYMINI... ? :Whistle:
My R53 JCW 210 never sounded better. Was pretty loud with the Playmini Manifold... but GOOD Loud! :shut up: :thumbs up:

Milltek's a great make and a safe bet though.

Fartin Martin
30th August 2012, 06:06 PM
Any vids?! How much...I'm honestly open to ideas. A just want one that looks good and sounds aweeeesome

ELFMAN
30th August 2012, 08:30 PM
No vids I'm afraid... but if you want awesome, the Playmini Manifold and exhaust certainly fits the bill. Ask anybody who heard my car!

Fartin Martin
30th August 2012, 09:24 PM
Hmmmmmm...I'll look into it buddy! Cheers. I'll search YouTube for any clips

stoney
30th August 2012, 11:05 PM
No vids I'm afraid... but if you want awesome, the Playmini Manifold and exhaust certainly fits the bill. Ask anybody who heard my car!

This ;)

Mon the fish
31st August 2012, 08:17 AM
Look here for vids of various combos:

http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f24/mini-torque-cooper-s-exhaust-gallery-347/

Fartin Martin
31st August 2012, 09:12 AM
Yeah seen that on MT! Found a vid of the exhaust. Is probably my fave sound much am I looking at..?

markjbb
31st August 2012, 01:24 PM
I've got a scorpion on mine its just a wee bit deeper than standard

Fartin Martin
31st August 2012, 01:40 PM
I've got a scorpion on mine its just a wee bit deeper than standard

Yeah. Looked at them as well. A want something pretty deep and naaaasty! Aha :)

nobbyclark
5th October 2012, 11:57 AM
Picked up the Milltek for £522 on eBay and my local indie fitted it for £60. Very impressed with it so far. Not loud on the motorway - as I feared it might be - but subtly throaty when tooling around town. And it definitely seems to have a bit more oomph than before.

Crombers
5th October 2012, 07:57 PM
I know I'm biased , but what about PLAYMINI... ? :Whistle:
My R53 JCW 210 never sounded better. Was pretty loud with the Playmini Manifold... but GOOD Loud! :shut up: :thumbs up:

This :bow:

As much as I would have hoped, THE noise/'symphony' will NEVER be re-created

Forever in our hearts Indi Blue R53 :clap: