PDA

View Full Version : If you need to ask....

zimbo
14th August 2012, 11:19 AM
If you need to ask the price then you cant afford it (that term rings a bell in my head when I saw this :laugh:)

http://www.minicherished.co.uk/miniuk/minicherished/cardetails/?&ch=_V01XU1YzMjA0MFQwNTE4OTM=&resultsOrder=7_0

:Whistle:

ELFMAN
14th August 2012, 01:19 PM
Well, let me see... it's either this or a new R56 GP as a 'keeper' AND a nice new COOPER as a daily driver... Hmmmm. :scratch:

I think they should rename it "MINI Inspired by Financial Insanity"... :argh: :frown:

MINIme:)
14th August 2012, 01:21 PM
It IS an attractive thing though. Although I'd have added an S bonnet.

ELFMAN
14th August 2012, 01:27 PM
It IS an attractive thing though.

So am I (from a distance), and I'm slightly cheaper... :smilewinkgrin: Afraid my Warranty's long gone though :sadangel:

Mon the fish
14th August 2012, 01:39 PM
So is this the only S that comes with a Cooper bonnet? Looks much better like that IMO.

There's one of these in JC's showroom in Aberdeen, if they can sell these things at that price then the country is more mentally f***ed than I thought

14th August 2012, 01:53 PM
oh is it actually an S I hadn't picked up on that.

14th August 2012, 02:16 PM
hmmm maybe I can get a sit in one at the end of the week... as well as a roadster test drive, a clubman courtesy car and whatever else i can get my mitts on :smilewinkgrin:

I do agree with Ali on the scoop. I think they break up the bonnet nicely.

Gismo
14th August 2012, 02:42 PM
How "cheap" is it :idunno:

zimbo
14th August 2012, 03:11 PM
How "cheap" is it :idunno:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/The-41000-Mini-Inspired-by-Goodwood/

Gismo
14th August 2012, 03:30 PM
wow :thud:

ianking
14th August 2012, 04:02 PM
The bonnet scoop is said to be a bit bling and not very refined. As this model is rolls Royce connected it was deemed more classy not to have the scoop. Thats what I read in a motoring magazine anyway.

I would have to agree to be honest. Makes it more of a wolf in sheeps clothing, and it really is in sheep and cow clothing as it has wool carpets and leather trim everywhere.

ELFMAN
14th August 2012, 04:26 PM
it really is in sheep and cow clothing as it has wool carpets and leather trim everywhere.

:sheep: Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Humbug!!!!!!!! At £41K it's more like a lot of BULL :smilewinkgrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Makes it more of a wolf in sheeps clothing

Ian, as if anyone who buys one of these is actually going to drive it fast... :hand: :frown:
If they do, with no scoop, the bonnet will get even hotter, so instead of being able to fry and egg on it, you could do a Mixed Grill. It's the world's most expensive BBQ! :knife:

T5LLC
14th August 2012, 05:05 PM
I really don't like that.. It NEEDS the scoop as that sort of defines the S and JCW models.. The interior would be to high maintaince for my OCD that I have with inside cars lol

Gismo
14th August 2012, 05:43 PM
I really don't like that.. It NEEDS the scoop as that sort of defines the S and JCW models.. The interior would be to high maintaince for my OCD that I have with inside cars lolAgreed

KenL
14th August 2012, 06:50 PM
I like it. I would have to be very rich to buy one though. Probably would buy it and never use it though.

MiniSnaps
14th August 2012, 08:51 PM
Interestingly even though it's written as "Goodwood" it's pronounced "Gullible"......

Tam1314
14th August 2012, 11:03 PM
I have CDO

LadyR
14th August 2012, 11:06 PM
I feel very fortunate that the dilemma of whether or not to blow 40k on a mini is never going to happen to me :D must be such a hardship being filthy rich!
But as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I'm sure plenty people will believe when they buy it that it's worth the price tag..

Tam1314
15th August 2012, 09:41 AM
This is just for the mega rich so they can put it in their garage alongside their Ferraris and such like and just look at it.

N16SHP
15th August 2012, 01:02 PM
I sat in the one in Aberdeen and have to say the interior is pretty sweet. That said though, I wouldn't want one due to the price and entirely agree with Euan on this about the GP AND Cooper! Plus, even an OCD car cleaner like me would struggle to keep on top of that interior!

zimbo
15th August 2012, 06:07 PM
Not if it was MY Ferrari! :excited: :motoring:

I call SHOTGUN!! 250 GTO short wheelbase, yes please :thumbs up: