PDA

View Full Version : I reckon that's the cheapest......

MiniSnaps
9th August 2012, 12:03 AM
MINI I've seen at auction - nice, straight wee 51 plate Cooper in BRG/White (all original paint) with an MOT, history, full leather and a panoramic roof.... £1450

Has anyone seen a cheaper one?

AndyP & Lenore
9th August 2012, 01:11 AM
Cheapest I've ever seen. But I don't frequent the auctions.

Bound to bring out the teens and their over exuberant modifications.

A.

stoney
9th August 2012, 08:11 AM
no cheap as chips but as andy said do do auctions

ianking
9th August 2012, 08:24 AM
That is cheap, what was the mileage on it? Did the hammer actually fall on it?

Cheapest I have seen so far at the auctions was a 51 plate one with salt and all the chrome, 17s and 91k and finished at £1650.

EcosseGP
9th August 2012, 08:45 AM
That's cheap and a good wee investment at that price if it sold ..

ELFMAN
9th August 2012, 08:59 AM
Bound to bring out the teens and their over exuberant modifications.A.

Worked for me in the 80's Andy! :smilewinkgrin:
I was in my early 20's and it was a 2nd-hand Mini 1000HLE bought from a dealer, so not quite the same, but you'll never stop young folks modding Minis - reassuring actually! :thumbs up:

If I had the time and the talent, (apart from the sunroof) it sounds like the perfect starting point for a wee stripped-out Road Racer.
Everything out, Coil Overs, Big Brakes, Seats and tuned R53 motor.... and a nice exhaust to frighten the pedestrians!
:shut up: :motoring:

AndyP & Lenore
9th August 2012, 09:47 AM
Worked for me in the 80's Andy! :smilewinkgrin:

Of course.!!! Mee tooo when I were a lad. Although my mod skills really only extended to some graphics in the back window. :blush: I wasn't knocking it, rather, I was alluding to the fact MINI's are now entering the price bracket which is achievable for non "Dad will pay for it" hot hatches.

A.

ELFMAN
9th August 2012, 11:37 AM
:blush: I wasn't knocking it, rather, I was alluding to the fact MINI's are now entering the price bracket which is achievable for non "Dad will pay for it" hot hatches. A.

Realised that Andy, I sounded as if I didn't though! :argh: DOH...
Must fish out pics of me and my old Mini/s sometime. So long ago that they're not digital - much like myself :yes nod: If nothing else, it would prove that I was as young as William once! :laugh:
I even have a VIDEO somewhere of 'us' at Muirkirk sprint track when my 'old' Mini club hired it for the day - unofficial FTD by the way! :thumbs up: Ah, memories... Where's me cardie, slippers and me Werther's?

Gismo
9th August 2012, 03:15 PM
Nice to know, cause if i return to the UK i will be looking for a cheap mini :thumbs up:

MiniSnaps
9th August 2012, 03:39 PM
That is cheap, what was the mileage on it? Did the hammer actually fall on it?

Cheapest I have seen so far at the auctions was a 51 plate one with salt and all the chrome, 17s and 91k and finished at £1650.

Oh it definitely sold, I was the under-bidder on it and I went up and checked just in case they were running me. It was well up on the miles (140k) but a really honest wee car that would have responded well to a hit with the DA.

To be fair my plan was just to rape it for the interior and a few other bits and throw it back in another sale, but I reckon any more than £1425 I bid and auction charges would have rendered it a pointless exercise.

It'll be interesting to see if it pops up in the Autotrader and at what
price and with what mileage.....

Craig
9th August 2012, 05:18 PM
Nice to know, cause if i return to the UK i will be looking for a cheap mini :thumbs up:

:confused:

Gismo
9th August 2012, 06:15 PM
:confused:I'm on a 5 year visa, have to renew in Jan 2015, but, if i do return then i won't be buying a brand new Mini, too close to retirement :lol:

Craig
9th August 2012, 06:57 PM
I'm on a 5 year visa, have to renew in Jan 2015, but, if i do return then i won't be buying a brand new Mini, too close to retirement :lol:

Ah ok, just thought you were "in" so no need to re-apply ;)