PDA

View Full Version : Winter wheels and tyres

rojer
7th August 2012, 01:45 PM
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting a set of winter wheels and tyres for my wife's Cooper D. Looking at a few sets of mini steel wheels on eBay at the moment. I'm not sure what wheels would fit the Cooper D, it's a 57 plate.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Craig
7th August 2012, 03:31 PM
Any 15" or above steels (or alloys) made for the mini will fit

Craig
7th August 2012, 03:32 PM
Are you looking at winter tyres or just looking to keep a good set of wheels away from the salt and cold weather ??

rojer
7th August 2012, 04:55 PM
We are about to get the 17" wheels refurbished and just want to keep them in decent condition. The more I think about winter tyres the more I seem to talk myself out of them.

Craig
7th August 2012, 05:36 PM
We are about to get the 17" wheels refurbished and just want to keep them in decent condition. The more I think about winter tyres the more I seem to talk myself out of them.

Ah ok, understand.... There are those that think they are a good idea and those that think they are a waste of money so it's up to you at the end of the day....

rojer
7th August 2012, 07:58 PM
In my previous job I had a lot to do with "informative" winter driving courses and would recommend to anyone if they can afford them to buy a set of winter tyres. My father in law has a Honda civic which he uses to commute from Ayrshire to Aberdeen and he swears by them. I will price them when I find a second set of wheels and decide from there.

stoney
7th August 2012, 09:05 PM
i love my winter wheels and tyres would not go past them TBH

Craig
7th August 2012, 09:21 PM
In my previous job I had a lot to do with "informative" winter driving courses and would recommend to anyone if they can afford them to buy a set of winter tyres. My father in law has a Honda civic which he uses to commute from Ayrshire to Aberdeen and he swears by them. I will price them when I find a second set of wheels and decide from there.

yep, I have 3 sets of winter wheels and tyres for the family cars and would say they are a great investment - just gives you that security should the weather get bad.... well worth the money IMHO ;)

Alex from NM
8th August 2012, 09:07 PM
Another fan of winter tyres here too :thumbs up:

rojer
9th August 2012, 05:12 PM
I may well be persuaded. Would a set of 15" steel wheels for the 2007 cooper d?

Craig
9th August 2012, 05:20 PM
Yup, I've got 15" steallies for our 2012 Cooper ;)

Tam1314
14th August 2012, 10:56 AM
Well l just enquired via email about 16" steelies for my 2010 Cooper S to make sure they would fit over my brakes and they replied saying that l should fit 15" steel wheels.
Doin ma head in now lol

These
http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/mini_alloy_wheels/r56_coupe_alloys/16_mini_12_steel_wheel_wheel_3183

bpirie1000
16th August 2012, 07:54 PM
I have a set of 15" and a set of 16" if your still hunting..

No mini to put them on anymore...

Tam1314
16th August 2012, 11:38 PM
I would certainly be interested in the 16" wheels if the price is right :-)

I have priced up a set of Nokian winter tyres as now is the time to buy.