PDA

View Full Version : Help

Craig
2nd August 2012, 09:45 PM
Ok guys and girls. One of my friends cars has got 2 lovely hand prints on the paint. It's been kids hands with sun tan lotion and it looks like its burnt into the paint :(

Don't want to try polishing it out as some info on the net says its prob under the clear coat... Anyone any experience of this ??

EcosseGP
2nd August 2012, 09:56 PM
You could wet n dry it Craig if you're careful .. What kind of car is it ?

Craig
2nd August 2012, 10:34 PM
Renault Clio in silver Davy

RobSco
2nd August 2012, 10:55 PM
You could wet n dry it Craig if you're careful .. What kind of car is it ?

Never heard or had any experience of this Craig but what Davy said would be worth a try, wet and dry very lightly even with a small spot of T-Cut or similar to see if it would take the blemish out, but without seeing the problem at hand is a hard decision to make, is it the paint or the clear lacquer that is the problem... ???

Craig
3rd August 2012, 08:19 AM
Tbh I've not looked at it that closely as I did a car last year and it had the same problem and polishing didn't work so thought I would canvas opinion ;)

Wet and dry.... Hmmmm never done it and don't think I'll start on a year old car....

ianking
3rd August 2012, 08:22 AM
Had experience of this quite a bit Craig.
It will be sun tan lotion or hand lotion or make up.
It just machine polishes away with a compound. Comes away very easy with the rotary.

RobSco
3rd August 2012, 08:39 AM
Wet and dry.... Hmmmm never done it and don't think I'll start on a year old car....

Wise move Craig, especially when it's only one year old but looks like Ian's gave you your answer... :thumbs up:

Craig
3rd August 2012, 08:46 AM
Had experience of this quite a bit Craig.
It will be sun tan lotion or hand lotion or make up.
It just machine polishes away with a compound. Comes away very easy with the rotary.

Thanks Ian... I'll pass them onto my local body shop as I know my DA won't work...

Cheers

ianking
3rd August 2012, 02:56 PM
I wouldnt pass them to a bodyshop, they would be better with a detailer. Body shop is likely just to cover there car in hollograms and buffer trails.

Craig
3rd August 2012, 03:13 PM
I wouldnt pass them to a bodyshop, they would be better with a detailer. Body shop is likely just to cover there car in hollograms and buffer trails.

Your the only detailer I trust .... ;)

ianking
3rd August 2012, 03:56 PM
Pop it past me and I will see if I can do it. You know me, Im in the garage most weekends.

Craig
3rd August 2012, 04:49 PM
Ian,

I'll give you a ring if I am coming thro just to make sure you'll be in.. Give me a PM or text with rough cost to take out the mark and I can let my mate know.

Cheers ;)