PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Stock Mini Cooper S R53 Exhaust Rear sections

Bry865
27th July 2012, 10:02 AM
Hi, just recently got myself an 02 plate Mini Cooper S but the exhaust has been modified so looking to replace with stock rear exhaust sections.

Big Gordy
27th July 2012, 12:20 PM
What's it got on in place of stock rear section..??

Bry865
27th July 2012, 12:30 PM
What's it got on in place of stock rear section..??

I'm not sure but the previous owner removed the left exhaust silencer and has replaced it with a sports silencer and tail trim but this has caused the remaining original right hand silencer to drop. I'm not technically or mechanically skilled so had a tyre centre look at it, it is secure but I its a tad loud and I would like to return it to its original fittings.

Not sure if I could get away with replacing the left hand side only as I dont know what pipes have been cut and modified.

Big Gordy
27th July 2012, 12:48 PM
Mmmmmm.....strange setup.....is the right hand one actually hooked up to the main exhaust..??
Some people removed one side of the double box exhaust to make it sound a bit more sporty but most people would remove the dead one not leave it just hanging there..!!

Bry865
27th July 2012, 12:51 PM
From what the guys at the tyre centre told me its full connected and its been a decent joining job but the difference in size and hangers has made it necessary for the original to be dropped a bit. Hence why Id like to revert back to original stock exhaust.

Gismo
27th July 2012, 02:28 PM
Hmm, that actually looks like a Janspeed rear exhaust and am wondering if the car is my old S that had the BBR 240 kit?

Bry865
27th July 2012, 03:32 PM
:lol:if its black and noisy it might well be, the exhaust that is

Bry865
14th August 2012, 02:27 PM
Ok so theres doesnt seem to be many stock exhausts up for sale just had to go down the new exhaust route so stock exhaust no longer required. :p

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?23635-Milltek-Exhaust-R53-Mini-Cooper-S