PDA

View Full Version : Wheels...opinions please.

LadyR
26th July 2012, 07:02 PM
I use these wheels for a few short months in the winter as they are marginally better in the weather than the r105s. However I grudge putting them on cause the car just looks totally different and not how I like it. They are also not in great nick, this wheel in particular was kerbed when I bought them. Tyres are virtually new though. I guess I wouldn't get much for them if I were to sell as-is, since they could do with a full refurb....so planning taking them down to RimTech tomorrow to get priced up for refurb and powder coating- black. Then I'll happily have them on the car for 6 months! Plus one of the r105s has a major ding in it and I'm hoping to get some good customer discount!!!! Am I being daft to spend the money on doing them up? And any rough idea how much it'll set me back??

Scottie
26th July 2012, 07:41 PM
Will they be able to powder coat the centre plastic trim.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

LadyR
26th July 2012, 09:34 PM
Hmm, this crossed my mind...I hope so, if I had to get the middle bits redone I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world since they're only wee.

Alex from NM
26th July 2012, 09:56 PM
they look better in black :p

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7059/6953149173_d11839ae38_b.jpg

LadyR
26th July 2012, 10:15 PM
Yass Alex, that's what am talking about!! Did you get yours powder coated, or bought in that colour? What finish is that, gloss or satiny?

Alex from NM
28th July 2012, 04:33 PM
in all honesty that was just black paint that a friend of mine did to see if I liked them. I will be getting them refurbed properly shortly. Luckily there is a place called SEM very close to where I live which are one of the best refurb companies nationwide. They can paint or coat the alloys so I was going to take one in for some advice. I will let you know how I get on. Hopefully can get them in sometime next weekend.

LadyR
29th July 2012, 12:59 AM
Well guys, I couldn't wai for your opinions to come in, so I stuck the wheels into RimTech to make up in the same satin black as the r105's, gonna cost a fair whack but I know they'll do a good job....will post pics if anyone's interested. If like to see how durable the centre caps are.

Gismo
29th July 2012, 08:54 AM
Well guys, I couldn't wai for your opinions to come in, so I stuck the wheels into RimTech to make up in the same satin black as the r105's, gonna cost a fair whack but I know they'll do a good job....will post pics if anyone's interested. If like to see how durable the centre caps are.Definitely post up pictures :thumbs up:

Stewart
29th July 2012, 11:31 AM
Good luck with it.:thumbs up:

Craig
29th July 2012, 11:54 AM
I'm sure rim tech did one of my wheels in the past and I had no issues, well until someone dropped it on its face on a driveway :thud: :lol:

LadyR
29th July 2012, 05:00 PM
Aw Craig! Haha what a shame. They've got a really good reputation, one of the good guys by all accounts.
Cheers Ali, I was quoted 70ish (quite steep i thought, but if you want it done there's not much choice) but I'll be speaking to them tomorrow since am such a good customer 😳 glad I went for the satin, the gloss is just another thing to go dull.

Looking forward to putting them on now, it's crazy having them sitting in the shed when the tires are so good.

LadyR
30th July 2012, 11:47 PM
Yaahooo, got my wheels back today :) spent an hour outside in the midges with my boilersuit on determined that the wheels were going on immediately, nearly got myself a black eye in the process, but their on!! And looking good. Well chuffed. 3680

rpn
31st July 2012, 07:18 AM
Looking nice :thumbs up:

Was it RimTech Inverness you got them done by?

Craig
31st July 2012, 08:32 AM
Nice ! ;)

LadyR
31st July 2012, 08:50 AM
Yep, RimTech Inverness, they've done a couple of things for me now...unfortunately! Pleased with them although I'll need to get new centre caps as the mini badge bit is in poor nick, otherwise though they've turned a pair of worthless wheels into nice black ones :)

stoney
31st July 2012, 09:31 AM
looking good

MINIme:)
31st July 2012, 01:24 PM
yeah they do look good, well worth the effort. I thought they were your winters though?! Although Stew said it did hail here in Glasgow yesterday!

Gismo
31st July 2012, 01:26 PM
me likey :thumbs up:

LadyR
31st July 2012, 03:08 PM
yeah they do look good, well worth the effort. I thought they were your winters though?! Although Stew said it did hail here in Glasgow yesterday!

Get away! It's blazing sunshine here today. Well they aren't winter tires as such I jut use the wheels in winter cause they're marginally better in the weather than the JCW ones. But I always resented putting them on cause I'm fussy like that. Now I'm happy to keep them on for however long I need to. Also....i'm going to a festival this weekend and I'm hoping these wheels will be less disastrous in the mud!!

Glad you all like them :D

Alex from NM
31st July 2012, 08:55 PM
They look very good, but I would say that :p