PDA

View Full Version : Shock news number 2.....

Big Gordy
26th July 2012, 12:25 PM
Ben Spies is leaving Yamaha at the end of this season :thud:

Rossi back at Yamaha next year.......mmmmmmm......think Audi, the new owners of Ducati, have promised him the moon on a string to stay at Ducati next year :rolleyes:

Gismo
26th July 2012, 02:15 PM
Some info here:-
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2012/Jul/120724spiesnoy.htm

And:-
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2012/Jul/120724-11a.htm.

N16SHP
27th July 2012, 10:58 AM
Wow! I'd love to see Rossi back on a competitive bike as it has been rather boring without him. In an ideal world I think we'd all like to see Cal in his seat for next season but I think it's gotta be either Dovi, Rossi or Nicky Hayden (the later being a REALLY long shot)

Big Gordy
27th July 2012, 12:09 PM
Well.......it appears Hayden is very close to signing a 1 year extension to his Ducati contract......to be announced at Laguna so I hear :thumbs up:
Yamaha are keen to have Rossi back because of the dosh he will bring to the team. Yamaha have not had a lead sponsor since Rossi left....they've had to fund it all themselves :frown:

Rossi is quoted to have said its not about the money. He wants to beat Agostini's record of the number of race wins and if Ducati can't supply him with a bike to win on he'll jump to Yamaha I think. Lets be honest he's running out of time as he's no spring chicken :p

N16SHP
28th July 2012, 11:22 AM
Well.......it appears Hayden is very close to signing a 1 year extension to his Ducati contract......to be announced at Laguna so I hear :thumbs up:
Yamaha are keen to have Rossi back because of the dosh he will bring to the team. Yamaha have not had a lead sponsor since Rossi left....they've had to fund it all themselves :frown:

Rossi is quoted to have said its not about the money. He wants to beat Agostini's record of the number of race wins and if Ducati can't supply him with a bike to win on he'll jump to Yamaha I think. Lets be honest he's running out of time as he's no spring chicken :p

Great news on the Nicky Hayden front for me, and totally agree about Rossi.

Big Gordy
30th July 2012, 12:24 PM
Crivens.....poor Spies....never seen a swinging arm fail before...:frown:
That was a big 'off' for Rossi as well.......I think his days a Ducati are numbered. he must be getting so fed up with it not getting any better :confused:
Latest rumour is he has 3 deals on the table......Ducati (rumoured to be 17 million euros :moonie:) Yamaha (as Georges number 2 which may be a stumbling block in itself) and a non works team which he's keeping tight lipped about. Ducati are rumoured to be starting a second feeder works team with Scott Reading and his complete team from moto2. Things are starting to hot up :smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
30th July 2012, 12:56 PM
Rossi is meant to be advising his intentions during the next 3 weeks to be announced before Indy

Gismo
3rd August 2012, 04:37 AM
See this article (http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-racing-news-moto-gp/italian-press-say-rossi-to-yamaha/21134.html)

zimbo
3rd August 2012, 08:11 AM
The sooner he gets back to winning ways on a DECENT bike again the better I say :clap:, Ducati = :moonie:

Gismo
10th August 2012, 07:14 PM
So it's official then, Rossi back to Yamaha for a 2 year contract http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/images/smilies//link.gif (http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Rossi%20back%20to%20Yamaha)

zimbo
10th August 2012, 07:42 PM
:whoohoo::dance::clap:

N16SHP
29th August 2012, 12:53 PM
Thoughts on Cal staying with Tech 3? Personally I'm delighted. Charlie Cox echoed my thoughts when he said that the Duc can kill careers. To me, although the Duc is a factory bike, its just not performing and I don't think Cal has finished behind a Duc this year (when he's stayed up right) Also means an all British Tech 3 squad for next year :thumbs up:

zimbo
29th August 2012, 01:57 PM
Yes I agree, best place for Cal is where he is right now :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
29th August 2012, 04:06 PM
Quite pleased he's staying (even tho he didn't have any other option in the end :frown:) as I think he's now getting the hang of what he needs to do to get up with the GOATs plus he'll be a great help for Bradley next year.
Even happier Rossi's going back to Yamaha :thumbs up: Hope he manages to mix it at the front again:smilewinkgrin:
Just wish Casey and Ben would stay as we need more guys fighting at the front....next year will have a raft of newbies trying to make a name for themselves...!!!
Talk is that Johnny Rae is to sit in for Stoner whilst he's away getting/recovering from his ankle surgery for the next 2/3 races with him getting a seat at Gressini in 2013 :computer:

Big Gordy
13th September 2012, 06:01 PM
Well......Ben Spies has just signed for Pramac Ducati for next year.....didn't see that one coming :thud:Doesn't appear to be putting people off riding the Ducati even after Rossi failed to make it work....strange:confused: Maybe Audi's involvement is something to do with it :idunno:

Gismo
14th September 2012, 03:38 AM
Time will tell Gordy, it's understandable why Rossi left, but, his riding style is way different to everyone else.

This may have as much impact as Spies being more able to adapt?

Only downside will be if the new guys ride the bike better than Rossi then folks will think less of Rossi's abolity

zimbo
14th September 2012, 06:20 PM
Only downside will be if the new guys ride the bike better than Rossi then folks will think less of Rossi's abolity

I'd just tell those poeple to 'Do one' and that Vale is the GOAT for a reason and thats the END of the story :moonie:

Big Gordy
14th September 2012, 07:38 PM
Think Vale had no choice but to move.....he still wants to beat Agostini's record of race wins to make him the most winningest racer off all time and time was against him at Ducati to do it.

Gismo
14th September 2012, 07:42 PM
Think Vale had no choice but to move.....he still wants to beat Agostini's record of race wins to make him the most winningest racer off all time and time was against him at Ducati to do it.Absolutely agree and as I've said, he will be slated by the 46 haters if anyone can ride that awful Ducati

Big Gordy
14th September 2012, 07:49 PM
he will be slated by the 46 haters if anyone can ride that awful Ducati

It's weird ain't it....?? All the guys in motoGP are outstanding motorcycle riders yet some people just can see it as that.