PDA

View Full Version : £10 Halfords voucher - what shall I buy?

MINIme:)
24th July 2012, 02:06 PM
Kinda said it all in the title! My last trip to Halfords scored me not only a 3 for 2 on Autoglym stuff and it seems they may have forgotten to charge me for another small item but I also won a £10 voucher for accidentally being 50p over a threshold I didn't know existed. ON A ROLL!!

what shall I spend it on my learned friends? :smilewinkgrin:

john
24th July 2012, 03:01 PM
Furry dice! You know you want to.

KenL
24th July 2012, 05:00 PM
A puncture repair outfit for your bike!

24th July 2012, 06:02 PM
no good so far - I already have furry dice (not in the car though!) courtesy of Hamish - Vardy's furry mini :smilewinkgrin: - and I don't have a bike... :frown:
William what was the megs stuff we were looking at? I'm sure it was well under a tenner.

Stewart
24th July 2012, 06:10 PM
Not a huge choice in Halfords when it comes to car cleaning but I’d get some more AG stuff if you don’t have Fast Glass or the Rubber & Vinyl cleaner or the Trim gel stuff. Trim gel is great to do the roof trim and the Fast glass just does what it says on the tin and cleans really well the inside of the windows. The R &V cleaner is great to keep the rubber round the Doors and Boot looking like new and even a good wipe over with a rag with the stuff keeps the Engine bay looking not too shabby:thumbs up:

Got some of the Meg's stuff as well and cant fault it.

Anyway if its a freebie its all good.

24th July 2012, 06:25 PM
:thumbs up: got fast glass already ;) Going to get sorted with some autosmart 101 at some point via Craig I think - think that covers the interior for basics? Oh god, the engine bay....still has salt from the winter as I didn't know what I should do/use/touch/not touch in there. Shameful, I must sort that out before it corrodes itself to death. W had stuff for the black plastic trim that I was admiring. Came up lovely. And I have yet to try a rubber on the wax that got on the plastic ;) Much easier to locate than flippin' peanut oil.
Looked everywhere other than Tesco!! :lol:
What megs stuff have you got Stew?

Stewart
24th July 2012, 06:44 PM
Best trim stuff I've used is the Autosmart trim ultra. its one of those less is best kind of deals with it and it needs a few hours to cure but it lasts and is waterproof and does not run like some after heavy rain. It took me while to find one I was happy with although you'd not know just now. I cleaned the inside etc today but the car has not been washed since before I went on the Highland Tour a month ago.

Been using Both the Megs Hyperwash, Last touch, APC and the No16 paste wax.

Wash and wax and Trim all needing done.

MiniSnaps
24th July 2012, 07:01 PM
Try the Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel, it seems pretty decent.

Whilst I remember, B&Q had a 3 for 2 offer on all their car cleaning stuff when I was last in, and I was surprised to see they had a fairly decent range of AG stuff....