PDA

View Full Version : MINI IN CAR SHOWER (fitted as standard)

sleepyrascal
10th August 2004, 04:20 AM
I have a 2002 cooper. With the lovely nice weather we have had recently, sometimes, I was driving with the windows down, sunnys on, music up, feeling pretty cool :cool: until i decided to spray some water on my windscreen to get rid of the small collection of squashed wildlife.

I didn't feel so swav anymore. I GOT SOAKED!:disapprove: As the windows were open the water came scooshing in! I have never had that happen on any other car I've driven. Is this a problem with my car only? Or is it a mini feature. You would think with a BMW pedigree, these problems wouldn't exist!

3GGG
10th August 2004, 05:17 AM
Try adjusting your washer jets a little (use a fine needle in the jet and move them a tad) that might make sufficient difference.

Wul
10th August 2004, 04:42 PM
It's a MINI thing sleepy! - comes as a result of the frameless doors - you know not to do that again now! ;)

Wul
10th August 2004, 04:44 PM
Oh and you also get soaked getting into the car when theres loads of water beads on the roof (damn meguiars! :p)!!

:I

Monsta Mo Mini
10th August 2004, 05:16 PM
I used to have the same problem on the Bravo. Had to close the windows every time I used the skoosher!

Duncan Stewart
10th August 2004, 06:19 PM
It happens on most cars I've ever driven, some times depending on wind direction

Smurf
10th August 2004, 08:28 PM
Happens reversing round corners if there's water on the roof too.......

sleepyrascal
10th August 2004, 08:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

It happens on most cars I've ever driven, some times depending on wind direction

I have driven an Audi A3 and Honda CRV for the past two years. A feelander before that, Merc before that, Discovery before that... And none of those had the water problem. Theres usually a wee lip on the window seal that makes the water project outwards, rather than inwards! I've only had this on the mini. It's not a big deal, just annoying!