PDA

View Full Version : Bluefin r50 mini one

SCOOTERBUK
3rd July 2012, 06:27 PM
Anyone fitted a Bluefin, well when i say fitted, remapped there R50 mini one??
Been on there web site and they reckon you get an extra 33bhp for £199 :cool:
So with a bluefin, JCW exhaust, and filter I reckon this would transform my car.

Craig
3rd July 2012, 06:34 PM
I'm sure Burple did this as did Ryan and it transformed the car. Remember the R50 One is just a detuned Coop with diff gearbox ratios ;)

stoney
3rd July 2012, 08:23 PM
I'm sure Burple did this as did Ryan and it transformed the car. Remember the R50 One is just a detuned Coop with diff gearbox ratios ;)

this :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Gismo
3rd July 2012, 08:41 PM
With a better map and different gear ratios than a cooper you can stay in lower gears longer

SCOOTERBUK
3rd July 2012, 10:17 PM
I am thinking for the price its a no brainer

Craig
3rd July 2012, 11:36 PM

Your right - its a no brainer ;)

Burple
4th July 2012, 10:15 AM

Like they said... DO IT! Best thing you'll ever do to a One.. For the price it's an awesome mod. takes about 10 mins for about 30bhp :D you'll notice the difference immediately. it'll suddenly want to rev, and rev higher fromt he minute you turn the key.
I had the bluefin, playmini exhaust and an induction kit, never had any bother keeping up with the big boys in the 'S's on any runs :thumbs up::cool:
You'll probably get slightly better mpg too. WIN!

Be patient tho and follow the instructions to the letter. if it says 30 secs, give it a whole 30 secs ;)

and any excuse to break out this vid again... ;):D

qmkmLPJfjLE

SCOOTERBUK
4th July 2012, 12:19 PM
I was thinking about going with the JCW exhaust, but will have to check out the playmini one now that sounds awesome

ELFMAN
4th July 2012, 03:06 PM
I was thinking about going with the JCW exhaust, but will have to check out the playmini one now that sounds awesome

PLAYMINI!!!!!!!!!!!!! I reckon it might be a bit cheaper too...
Just check the fitment - I think the rear hangers are different depending on the year of the car.

Burple
11th July 2012, 02:36 PM
PLAYMINI!!!!!!!!!!!!! I reckon it might be a bit cheaper too...
Just check the fitment - I think the rear hangers are different depending on the year of the car.

Yip... what the Elfman says.. Go Playmini. it'll be a good bit cheaper, and sound more awesomer ;) Remember to order one for the correct year of your car too, and get the SINGLE box one.. you should be able to order straight from Playmini too.

...and induction kit / replacement panel filter.. your choice! I went for the kit for the better noise :D

Big Gordy
16th July 2012, 12:26 PM
What they have all said :thumbs up:
I went down the MTH route rather than bluefin and running a single box playmini along with a K & N induction filter our wee ONE was dyno'd at approx 140 brake (well 137 to be exact:p). Like Euan says it now wants to rev and becomes ferral around the 4000 rev mark:smilewinkgrin: You can see 90 if 3rd......apparantly:Whistle:

Burple
16th July 2012, 12:32 PM
What they have all said :thumbs up:
I went down the MTH route rather than bluefin and running a single box playmini along with a K & N induction filter our wee ONE was dyno'd at approx 140 brake (well 137 to be exact:p). Like Euan says it now wants to rev and becomes ferral around the 4000 rev mark:smilewinkgrin: You can see 90 if 3rd......apparantly:Whistle:

Hahaha.. yes I heard that too ;) ALLEGEDLY.... :thumbs up::Whistle: