PDA

View Full Version : Noisey mini

john
18th June 2012, 11:05 PM
OK so I have been quite fortunate that my past 12 minis have been new or fairly new but this one Number 13!!! started off with a wheel bearing noise, jacked it up and checked them but could not pin point a noisey one, 60,000 miles on the clock and really noisy and starting to iritate me more and more I decided stuff it change them all!!

Changed the NSF and the old one seamed OK but changed it anyway, then did the OSF it was knackered, chuffed to bits I went for a runstill noisey!! well hacked off I then changed the NSR it was knacked too!!, car is quiet now but I will do the OSR now that I have it anyway,

Quite surprised that a Toyota car do mega miles and never need a bearing and this thing cant even do 60,000 miles.

How many others have had to replace wheel bearings?

I might start to enjoy the car now, had it since before xmas and have never really liked it enough to thrash it.

Andy, I might even fit the stereo now.

Gismo
18th June 2012, 11:10 PM
Just your luck John

stoney
19th June 2012, 07:41 AM
Unlucky but at least is sorted ;)

Gismo
19th June 2012, 05:03 PM
I have heard that once an earlier Mini wheel bearing does go you have to keep a close eye on the replacements as they seem to wear quicker.
Most likely down to improper fitment, but, i doubt that would happen in your case, am pretty sure the torque value has to be exact :thumbs up: