PDA

View Full Version : MINI ECOSSE

ELFMAN
16th June 2012, 04:30 PM
As Stephen said, just before Tyndrum and on to Crianlarich. Weather rotten, MINIs coping admirably! :thumbs up: I carried on down the road while Stephen and Allyson took a right turn for Glasgow. (I prefer the other route down to Callander etc)

One of my fave bits of road is Tyndrum to Dalmally - when it's quiet and dry, it's perfect MINI territory. Beat my 'Elapsed Time' record on the way up last Saturday... there's life in the old dog yet!!! :smilewinkgrin: Not telling what it was, on the grounds that I might incriminate myself :hand:

Craig
16th June 2012, 08:01 PM
:lol:

EcosseGP
17th June 2012, 01:14 AM
Can't beat a thrash up and down the A84/85 ... Do it most weekends on the bike ;););)

RobSco
17th June 2012, 04:05 PM
One of my fave bits of road is Tyndrum to Dalmally - when it's quiet and dry, it's perfect MINI territory. Beat my 'Elapsed Time' record on the way up last Saturday... there's life in the old dog yet!!! :smilewinkgrin: Not telling what it was, on the grounds that I might incriminate myself :hand:

And I thought I was the only one who did this, My time from Bo'ness to Oban is getting better each time I drive this road, Own record being kept a secret as well... :lol:

Stewart
17th June 2012, 06:03 PM
Just watch out for the speed trap at Taynuilt ;)

silver spirit
17th June 2012, 07:51 PM
Hi Stephen. You stood out from the crowd on your return trip up the A84/85 ? And I was not hanging around on my way home !! By the way the car looked great. Regards Bill :-).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mini Ecosse
17th June 2012, 07:55 PM
Hi Stephen. You stood out from the crowd on your return trip up the A84/85 ? And I was not hanging around on my way home !! By the way the car looked great. Regards Bill :-).

Hi Bill,

Spotted you at the last minute, managed a quick wave and a flick of the indicators. I clocked your wave and also indicators flicking in my mirror.
Difficult drive from Denny to Oban, roads busy both directions, not many places for overtaking, even with a JCW.

silver spirit
17th June 2012, 09:26 PM
Yes you are right I Had the same problem on way down sometimes it's just better to go with the flow ? I think at this time of the year you will encounter the I pay my road tax and you will not pass me !! I find the best time from Cumbernauld / Oban is 1am + you just have too keep a good lookout for the deer on the road ! Hence the 4 spots on the grill !!! As you will be aware when you travel like I do every week up and down the traffic and road conditions will change ? By the way I have on a number off nights left Callender and never met another vehicle on route !! Stay safe Bill.

RobSco
17th June 2012, 11:41 PM
Just watch out for the speed trap at Taynuilt ;)

Thanks for that Stewart... :thumbs up: ...Always keep it legal, it was good for a change not to get stuck behind a Caravan or an Artic, but never knew of a speed trap in that area, know they always hang out at Lochearnhead and just as you go into Crianlarich...

Also helps when I don't stop for something at the Green Welly as if you've got a good run it's best just to keep going and have something when you get there, Might have a break next time I go though, and that will be in 4 weeks... :thumbs up:

Stewart
18th June 2012, 12:11 AM
Was up a few weeks back going to Oban and it was the usual sneaky trying to get you coming from a 60-30.....Silver BMW backed up a side track and the two guys standing. Just a Tourist trap ;(

ELFMAN
18th June 2012, 01:19 PM
I'm going to take it a bit easier in future, as although I don't take stupid risks I reckon I've been quite lucky in the last few years... :Whistle:

Only speed traps I saw were both on the road from M/way at Stirling to Callander. Mobile van, once on one of the straights (Southbound side) not long after joining the road at the Stirling end, and on the way back down just outside Callander - also Southbound side. It's the ones you DON'T see that are the problem though! :smilewinkgrin: