PDA

View Full Version : Gone in 60 Seconds.......

MiniSnaps
21st May 2012, 03:15 PM
Does anyone know if this epidemic of BMWs with fob-type keys being able to be stolen without the thieves even needing an original key (just a £600 Ebay gadget and a Chinese copy blank keyfob) affects the R56-on MINIs?

badwolf340
21st May 2012, 04:20 PM
yes big thing on bmw forums ..............not good :ragin:

MiniSnaps
21st May 2012, 04:53 PM
yes big thing on bmw forums ..............not good :ragin:

Having seen some of the replies from BMW to customers' complaints regarding the issue I now know where MINI CS get their 'attitude' from :smilewinkgrin:

MINIme:)
23rd May 2012, 12:09 AM
:wtf: this rings a bell, I think I read stuff on tM a while back but I'd forgotten about it.
pretty worrying.

euan
23rd May 2012, 08:57 AM
3 have been stolen in the streets around me - they started in Birmingham, moved out to the villages where we live and now it's rife in London. Guy round the corner has a new M3 and has fitted massive steel posts in his driveway right behind it, seems the only way to stop them just walking off.

We had the bobbies round mentioning it to everyone and that they should take extra precautions. I mentioned it to the dealer who said he'd never heard of it - yeah right...

Fortunately it appears to be fixed in the new cars, which I'm going to be ordering in the next couple of weeks with any luck - just hope the car stays on the driveway!

23rd May 2012, 08:54 PM
is it still minis too? :sad: I was excited about having a driveway but I don't like the sound of this at all...

24th May 2012, 01:16 AM
one downside of my wee house is no garage! Will bear this in mind though, thanks I didn't know a signal could be intercepted :eek:

Sportspack Mark
24th May 2012, 08:16 AM
yikes :o

euan
24th May 2012, 01:33 PM
You can also do a simple check - use the key fob it to lock and then check it's actually locked with the handle.