PDA

View Full Version : Who's organising the Whisky Trail?

The Dogfather
9th August 2004, 08:16 AM
Who's organising the Whisky Trail run in May 2005?

Julz
9th August 2004, 04:06 PM
That would be Willie!!:D

Whiskey Run 2005 (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1379)

The Dogfather
9th August 2004, 05:30 PM
Not really much of a whisky trail with only one distillery (and that's only a maybe). It's a good run though.

Paul

Gismo
9th August 2004, 05:41 PM
That one's not called the whiskey run, it's just a run from south to north that may take in a distillery to break it up over the few days it'll take to get from A to B

The Dogfather
9th August 2004, 05:41 PM
I was thinking about a theme for the whisky trail. A while back one of the big distillery owners released 'The Classic Malts' series, each of the set of six whiskies is supposed to capture the regional variations from around Scotland.
Glenkinnchie (Lowland, Edinburgh)
Cragganmore (Speyside, nr Dufftown)
Dalwhinnie (Highland, on A9 south of Inverness)
Talisker (Island, Skye)
Oban (West Highland, Oban)
Lagavulin (Port Ellen, Islay)

Given that these distileries lie in some of the best countryside in Scotland I reckon any run which can visit these places would be a great drive. The route could be split over 3 days starting from either Edinburgh or Aberdeen and would cover roughly 600 miles.

Duncan Stewart
9th August 2004, 07:03 PM
I think Willies run is more going from the most southery place in Scotland to the most northerly in mainland Scotland rather than visiting distilleries although he plans to visit one on the way.
Paul - If you are willing to arrange a Whisky distillery run then go for it - I'm sure we can alter the names of the runs and you'll get lots of interest. I'd be interested :)

Julz
9th August 2004, 07:38 PM
Shows my ignorance!! I think WIllie had originally planned to do a bit of a whiskey trail, but obviously not anymore!!:I

The Dogfather
9th August 2004, 08:42 PM
Willie, is it OK if I sort out a distillery run? I don't want to pinch your idea.......

Paul

Willie M
9th August 2004, 08:45 PM
Go for it Paul, no problem. As Duncan said, my run is more a South to North extremities run.
Received your e-mail by the way, will get back to you on that subject soon. Sounds like it could be a plan though ;)