PDA

View Full Version : Shock news.....!!!

Big Gordy
18th May 2012, 12:07 PM
Casey Stoner is quiting MotoGP at the end of 2012.....:thud: Says he's lost the desire due to them diluting the championship :frown:
Love him or hate him he is a very gifted rider and next years championship won't be the same without him :sad:

Gismo
18th May 2012, 02:23 PM
Good riddance grumpy :moonie:

ELFMAN
18th May 2012, 04:05 PM
I much preferred him when he had more wheels...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig3GcDBjQN4

N16SHP
18th May 2012, 10:54 PM
I've always been a huge Casey Stoner fan, but I respect his decision to call it a day. I also admire the fact he's willing to call it quits, even though he's on the best bike in the field and could easily go on to surpass the Dr in terms of world championships. After what happened to Sic last year, with him having such a young family, I don't blame him. Top bloke and will be missed...after another world title this year ;)

zimbo
19th May 2012, 05:50 PM
Well I will put money on Valentino riding a Repsol Honda next year :-), I really hope so coz as far as I'm concerned the Duc is sh!!!!!!t.... And really want to see him back where he belongs up on the podiums. Good luck to Casey for the future.

N16SHP
21st May 2012, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I was having a think about it during the race yesterday who will likely take his seat. I would say Cal but if he keeps up his start to the season then he'll probably be 1st in line for Ben Spies' seat. None of the Honda Gresini Satellite riders are good enough to fill that seat IMO and I cannot see anyone coming from Moto2 straight into a factory team.

Big Gordy
22nd May 2012, 07:43 AM
I cannot see anyone coming from Moto2 straight into a factory team.

Are you forgetting Marques..?? Ideal replacement and he's a midget like Dani..!!

zimbo
22nd May 2012, 10:41 AM
Are you forgetting Marques..?? Ideal replacement and he's a midget like Dani..!! Gordy Factory Honda Team have some sort of stipulation in their contracts or whatever that they will "NOT" let any rider outside of the GP class itself ride their machine that means Marques wont get it. The rider has to have done at least one season in the big boys GP class to even stand a chance of even being considered for Caseys seat.

Big Gordy
22nd May 2012, 12:14 PM
You're right Ali....but its not just Honda. ALL new riders, I think, have to go to a satalite team before moving to the works squad. Spies.....Tech 3 then works squad, Bradley Smith...Tech 3 first. If Crutchlow keeps up this form and Spies his then there's a good chance they may get swapped for next year :Whistle:
Honda basically have 2 feeder teams tho....Gresini and Bradls lot.

N16SHP
30th May 2012, 11:51 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/18257387 Amen to that Cal! I really hope he gets a factory ride next year. He really is a talent.

N16SHP
11th July 2012, 01:19 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/18765911 Well that's gone and thrown a spanner in the works. I'm not sure its a great move, but you never know, he could be the next Casey Stoner and find away to tame the Ducati...having said that, when Casey tamed it, it was a rocket but its far from that at the moment. Interesting that Marquez looks set to join Pedrosa at Repsol Honda next season.

Gismo
11th July 2012, 03:21 PM
Crutchlow's move has been widely discussed, it would be interesting to see what happens at Ducati if he does join.
Both Hayden and Rossi have good reasons to leave and what a poke in the eye for Rossi if after all the attempts to make the bike competitive does become so with another rider

zimbo
11th July 2012, 10:24 PM
Cool then hopefully as I hoped that will probably (fingers crossed!!!) mean that Rossi will be going to take Stoners seat on the Repsol Honda :thumbs up:

Gismo
11th July 2012, 11:59 PM
Marquez is taking stoners place, unless Pedroza is on his way out

Gismo
12th July 2012, 03:24 PM
See this article http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/link.gif (http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=Honda-confirm-Pedrosa-and-Marquez-for-2013-MotoGP-season&newsid=7515)

zimbo
12th July 2012, 03:52 PM
Well thats pish :frown: