PDA

View Full Version : Event or Run: South West Scotland

stevenmax80
9th August 2004, 03:07 AM
Any idea of future events or runs in central or south scotland. How about a possible run in Dumfries and Galloway. Anybody in Dumfries and Galloway or Scotland wide get back. I am new and want to get to know folk at events where can i go next for an event or run.

[Edit: Thread title:D]

Monsta Mo Mini
9th August 2004, 03:16 AM
Hi Steven

Keep a look out in here and on the events diary - http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/events.html. There's quite a few events coming up in the next few months. Must admit none of them are what you could call local for you but if you don't mind making a weekend of it then I'm sure you'll enjoy meeting everyone!

As for organising a run yourself; the best thing to do is come up with a route and proposed dates. If the reaction is looking positive there's usually a few volunteers to give you hand with the organisation.

stevenmax80
9th August 2004, 03:28 AM
hi monsta,
i will look at events diary, but feel stupid on going to events or runs myself. Do people do it and is it easy to get to know other mini lovers

phantom
9th August 2004, 03:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by stevenmax80

hi monsta,
i will look at events diary, but feel stupid on going to events or runs myself. Do people do it and is it easy to get to know other mini lovers

Loads of us go on our own to runs, me being one of them, we are very freindly and will make you very welcome and before you know it you will be one of the gang!:D:D:D

Monsta Mo Mini
9th August 2004, 03:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by stevenmax80

hi monsta,

Don't worry about being a lemon! There's plenty of folk come along; on their own (male and female), couples, famlies (there's a few who have a MINI each!). All are made to feel very welcome and you'll soon feel part of the NMS gang!:D

...just watch out for the weirdos...;):clown:

mgemie
9th August 2004, 09:18 AM
Hi Steve, i'm from Dumfries and would def be interested in somekind of dumfries run. Failing that we could gather a group of MINI dudes & dudettes from D&G and attend one of the famous NMS runs (god knows there are plenty of MINI owneres in D&G but not all have seen the light that is NMS:D - YET!;))

Duncan Stewart
9th August 2004, 06:46 PM
I'm thinking of using part of the route I'm planning for next years round Britain run to make a route for a run from the central belt down to Dumfries and back again - Probably not too long a run which might be suited to a winter timeslot. I'll post my ideas in a few weeks once I recce the route.

X30YES
10th August 2004, 12:56 AM
Give me a shout Duncan , if you need some area info etc and help of course ,used to be in that area all the time doing some road rallying and the odd forest stages , and do know a few good roads .Via Hamilton Strathaven Cumnock and down into D&G

quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

I'm thinking of using part of the route I'm planning for next years round Britain run to make a route for a run from the central belt down to Dumfries and back again - Probably not too long a run which might be suited to a winter timeslot. I'll post my ideas in a few weeks once I recce the route.

ny152
10th August 2004, 05:22 AM
Some good roads down that way that would make for a good run...
Even managed to take a few wee(!?!) detours down some of them while recceing the west coast route a while back :).