PDA

View Full Version : Dont cry over spilt milk !!!!!

monkimagic
8th August 2004, 09:38 AM
This saying was drummed up by someone who never had milk spilt in their boot on a hot summers day :mad:.

I have and my cooper smells rank :I, it is enough to make you scream Raaaalllpphh, does anyone have a good home remedy for this as it is now unbearable !!!!!

Help !!!!:(:(:(

Monki

Smurf
8th August 2004, 09:21 PM
My hubby did that, and I'm afraid to say the smell lasted for MONTHS.......
We couldn't find anything which took the smell out. Had weeks and weeks of driving with the windows down.

I think we tried everything - including all the well known brands of cleaners and smell-removers.........

sleepyrascal
8th August 2004, 09:51 PM
spray the area with water mixed with some lemon juice. let it soak in for a sec, then get your hoover and suck it up. might be best to go to a garage that has an industrial hoover that can suck up water owithout problems.

Gismo
8th August 2004, 10:07 PM
You have to neutralise the fluid, vinegar is a very good product for this, as is lemon juice, as sleepyrascal suggets make up a solution and spray directly and only onto the infected area, let soak but do not let dry, some staining may occur, mop up and hoover if possible.

Failing that, throw away the carpet and buy a new bit, you won't live with that kind of smell :evil::dead:

X30YES
8th August 2004, 11:11 PM
Did hear that Vinegar and water mix in a spray gun works ...not sure what would be worse milk or the vinegar smell !!

sleepyrascal
8th August 2004, 11:25 PM
the milk smell is worse, give it a week or so, trust me, the milk smell is worse. especially on a hot day.

Wul
9th August 2004, 05:01 PM
Remember the bit carpet can be removed from the car to clean it properly too - it's only fixed in two places at the point where the back seats come to meet the carpet.

The Dogfather
9th August 2004, 05:51 PM
Monki - Try hiring a washing vacuum machine (or buy one from costco £130 notes). They can get rid of anything including dog smells!

monkimagic
11th August 2004, 02:24 PM
Cheers for that folks, I will get to work

Monki