PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Figas
8th August 2004, 07:13 AM
Just wanted to say hello (found this site thanks to Chris at JCT)

I picked up my (well actually I bought it for the wife:I) Mini Cooper S Convertible last weekend.

Hyper Blue, Blue roof and Black Leather.

This is our third new Mini (51 reg Cooper and a 53 reg Cooper S previously). The convertible is really great fun, I find myself wanting to drive it all the time (and my car is an M3 CSL).

Anyway you might see me (or the wife:disapprove:) driving round Aberdeen and Westhill. We will be the ones with the roof down even if its raining :D

Figas

The Dogfather
8th August 2004, 07:25 AM
Nigel welcome to NMS.

Check out the meets page, hope to see you on a run soon. Don't worry we won't hold the fact you drive an M3 against you. ;)

minidriver#1
8th August 2004, 08:54 AM
screw the convertible, whats the CSL like? that carbon roof... i'd be stroking that all day long.

X30YES
8th August 2004, 07:11 PM
Welcome ...have some fun ....Free !!

Gismo
8th August 2004, 07:22 PM
Welcome to the nuthouse, sorry, M3 CSL gets my vote :p

phantom
9th August 2004, 03:41 AM
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.:D:D:D

Monsta Mo Mini
9th August 2004, 03:52 AM
Hola senior!

Ruedas agradables!

Figas
9th August 2004, 06:14 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the kind words about the CSL.

The CSL and the Mini are both great cars. The CSL is a raw and noisy car which I just love driving fast. The roof looks great in CF but its almost a shame that most people don't get to see it as you drive by. Youve also got the carbon splitters and the inside of the car has acres of CF as well (door cards, centre console, etc.). But the best bit is the airbox in the engine compartment which gives the car its unique noise. Not exhaust noise but instead induction roar. The car is phenomenal, handling is precise and its so much quicker than a standard M3 (which I used to have). My last car was a 996 C4S which I have to say was bland in comparison to this beast.

One thing the CSL has in common with the Mini (as with the other two new Mini's we have owned)is that they are IMHO one of the few cars that can make you smile the moment you get behind the wheel.

Best of all it takes even longer for the smile to wear off (even if you have just driven to work on a Monday morning:().

sleepyrascal
9th August 2004, 06:22 AM
i dislike you Figas :p

I noticed there was a CSL racing at the fintry hill climb today. WHAT A SOUND!!!!!!!!!

minidriver#1
9th August 2004, 06:29 AM
i have a vid of a csl on the nurburgring. mmmm engine noise. Welcome to the site :)

Figas
9th August 2004, 06:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

i dislike you Figas :p

I noticed there was a CSL racing at the fintry hill climb today. WHAT A SOUND!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't me.

You will dislike me even more when I tell you I spent the day at Knockhill as a guest of BMW :D. They had there single seater series there as part of the weekend and the hospitality was excellent. Didnt really want to admit to them I was more interested in watching my mate Shed's in the Seat Cupra's (won 1st race :D then had to retire in the second:mad:)

Anyway I havent been to Fintry since last August when I was driving the celebrity car in the Mini Cooper Challenge. No I was not the celebrity, I was sharing with Graham Wight Jnr but someone thought it would be fun to put me in as the Stig :D.

Figas

sleepyrascal
9th August 2004, 06:58 AM
ok ok, your right. I just down right hate you! :evil:

My mate was racing his westfild at fintry. Awsome car! Thought about taking the cooper on the track but was to late to register n stuff.

Duncan Stewart
9th August 2004, 06:03 PM
Hi Nigel. Welcome to NMS

MartinSullivan
9th August 2004, 06:05 PM
Welcome to NMS Nigel, hope to see you around Aberdeen

Lorraine
9th August 2004, 08:36 PM
Hello Nigel :D

Smurf
9th August 2004, 08:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

ok ok, your right. I just down right hate you! :evil:

My mate was racing his westfild at fintry. Awsome car! Thought about taking the cooper on the track but was to late to register n stuff.

If you fancy a Westfield racing car - we have a 185bhp version for sale.......
(Sprint and Hillclimb championship winner! :D )

Julz
9th August 2004, 09:00 PM
Firstly, Smurf, how much for the Westfield???:p

Secondly, Figas, it's not that I don't dislike you, it's just I'm a very jealous person!! Not only does your wife have a rather nice mini, but you have a car that I can only contemplate driving on Scalex!! NOT only that, but you had a 996 C4S, pleeeeeeeeease don't tell me it was black (or purple, we like purple...... mmmmmm, hubby has a 964 C4 in purple!!;)), but at least you didn't include the GT3 bit, phew!!;):D Anyway, welcome to the site:D:D

Smurf
9th August 2004, 09:07 PM
Julz - you serious? :I

I'll send you a mail with some details if you are.....

If you're not - stop pulling my leg! :D
<sulks....>

monkimagic
19th August 2004, 02:04 AM
Hi Nigel, seens few softtops around aberdeeen, well 2, a blue one and a red one with black strips, which colour are you ???

Monki

seany
19th August 2004, 03:35 AM
hello

Sheilz
19th August 2004, 03:56 AM
Hello Figas. Am sure I too would love your other car, but unfortunately I haven't a scoobie what it is.:I. Thing that made me smile today was a guy with a petrol scooter (like a kids one) that took all of 41p to fill its tank. This was parked outside Sainsbury's Garage. Saw this big bloke inside with an equally big helmet on, didn't see the proper motorbike just this pipsqueak thing with a motor about the size of a can of beans. Couldn't stop grinning to myself at how ridiculous the two put together would be. Then I spotted the bike!!
:D:D:D

Figas
19th August 2004, 06:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

Hi Nigel, seens few softtops around aberdeeen, well 2, a blue one and a red one with black strips, which colour are you ???

Monki

Hi Monki,

Ours is the Hyper Blue MCSC (based in Westhill), I have seen the red one a few times now but always parked. Owner must stay in Queens Road next to its junction with Sprinfield Road.

Figas

Sheilz
19th August 2004, 11:02 PM
Spoke to the owner of this car this morning ie. the red convertible. Her little girl has just started at the same school as my daughter. I guessed she was the mini driver by the grin on her face. I've also seen an orange convertible with black bonnet stripes on Oakhill Road. it looked pretty nice too. Guess it belonged to a visitor since i only saw it once.