PDA

View Full Version : Y Cable...

Craig
16th April 2012, 08:05 PM
Got a Y cable for Jude's car so I can charge my iPhone and also control it thro the steering wheel but the aux part of the y cable seems to be a bit hit or a miss when it comes to connection. Sometimes the sound is good, other times it's just not right and has to be pushed back in as if it's not making a good connection. Anyone else had this issue ?? Is it just a bad design?

MINIme:)
16th April 2012, 08:37 PM
remember i had trouble with mine?

couldnt get it to connect in the first place. I think it was actually the socket on the ipod and not the cable, i give it a wee blow to clear out dust/fluff (!) before I connect it now and it seems much better?!!
realised this was maybe the issue when it failed to connect up to my work pc a couple of times. seems better recently although dont use it in the car unless going further than 2miles so it's not in daily use. Once I've moved much further out of town I'll prob use it a lot more and have a better idea of whether it's duff or not...

Gismo
17th April 2012, 04:38 AM
Craig, is it an original MINI cable, if not, i'm sure there is a subtle difference in the length of the connector section, by that i mean the actual pin is slightly different, pretty sure the left and right channels spacing is different to the industry standard that you get on most ear phone jacks.
If you've got a MINI part then i'd be going back to the dealer for a check up, you know how much you like that :Whistle:

Craig
17th April 2012, 07:53 AM
It is a genuine one as I bought it from Mikey.... I'll see how it goes but just doesn't seem right, just my luck ! :lol:

Bryce
18th July 2012, 01:10 AM
I have this problem with mine, its genuine MINI... it’s a bit crap for the price of them!

ianking
18th July 2012, 12:08 PM
I have a gen mini one although its now nearly 4 years old and recently the sound has become a bit dodgy and you have to waggle the sound jack bit about at the car end. The USB bit always connects to the car fine.

MINIme:)
18th July 2012, 02:14 PM
yep my gen mini one (bought new from a dealer) has been rubbish from day one. fine once connected but waggling has to be done nearly every time.

ianking
19th July 2012, 08:25 AM
Chap at work bought an £11 one from amazon and it looks almost identical to my gen one and yet he has had no isses with having to waggle his end (oh er maitron)