PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari always playing catch up

bullet
9th April 2012, 11:50 PM
im puzzled when a team as big as ferrari with the billions they have in backing and funding can come to the opening of a grand prix season with a car thats so badly off the pace.this has happened for the past 4 or 5 years, the problem is they are then left playing catchup to all the other top teams( who are themselves trying to improve an already much quicker car) for the rest of the season.basically there season is as good as over,yes they won the last race (thank god for a thing called a monsoon)otherwise they would have been nowhere.im a big alonso fan imo the best driver on the grid though the team is also being let down by a poor performing team-mate.there were rumours of perez getting a sniff at a seat if massa does not improve but im not sure if they hold much substance.usually anyone that discounts ferrari do so at there peril but this years cars pace looks worrying to say the least,hopefully the upgrades for spain will bring some vital time back. :popcorn:

Craig
9th April 2012, 11:56 PM
Hope Ferrari get pumped all year including the big premadonna that is Alonso ! :thumbs up:

Di Resta for top 6 finish this year ;)

bullet
10th April 2012, 12:03 AM
Hope Ferrari get pumped all year including the big premadonna that is Alonso ! :thumbs up:

LOL,:moonie:,:thumbs up:

Gismo
10th April 2012, 04:10 AM
I used to be a Ferarri fan until they openly cheated when it wasn't allowed.
As for Alonoso :babypram:

N16SHP
10th April 2012, 10:23 AM
I think you've hit the nail on the head quite early on in your statement with Ferrari being big and well backed financially. Ferrari of old used to put their new F1 cars round their test track endlessly before the start of a new season, but with limited testing now due to financial restrictions, this has meant that if you don't get your development right in preseason (which they openly admitted they didn't) your going to struggle. I'm not an Alonso fan, I think he showed his true colours when he got out driven in the same car by a rookie and spat the dummy, but at the same time, I do admire his driving. He is clearly out driving his car and team mate.

Please note: I am not claiming to be a Lewis Hamilton fan as he is quite prone to a dummy spit too from time to time :D :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
10th April 2012, 02:04 PM

Ditto

Crombers
10th April 2012, 04:13 PM
Cannot understand why we are so off the pace ...... !!!!

It will return ....... just hope Fernando is part of the package

stoney
10th April 2012, 07:58 PM
Cannot understand why we are so off the pace ...... !!!!

It will return ....... just hope Fernando is part of the package

You and fernando are like 2 peas in a pod ;) :lol:

weefossy
10th April 2012, 09:01 PM
Ferrari off the pace? But Alonso is top of driver standings and Ferrari are 3rd in Team standings. Lifes not all that bad, is it !! Thankfully there's more to driving / racing than being "a second of the pace".

Crombers
10th April 2012, 09:15 PM
You and fernando are like 2 peas in a pod ;) :lol:

Quoted drivers who max the best out of their machines ..... Cheers mate :thumbs up:

stoney
10th April 2012, 09:29 PM
:lol: some thing like that ;) more like both grumpy buggers ;)

Crombers
11th April 2012, 10:17 AM
Oh yes, that as well :yes nod:

bullet
11th April 2012, 07:27 PM
i can see alonso finishing off his career at ferrari,its by far the most famous team on the grid with the most history and dare i say the most dedicated fans.by god though this years cars are ugly,stupid regulations.:yawn: