PDA

View Full Version : Chrome stuffed

AndyP & Lenore
8th April 2012, 12:30 AM
Just FAO Chrome browser users, it seems the latest update to the browser renders it almost useless. Once updated to 18.0.1025.151 you can NOT access any https web site. You simply get a "Invalid Server Certificate" message.

The general consensus of opinion of about a hunner million people who have posted to their support forums, is that Google brought out an update late thing on Thursday and then bu@@ered off for the bank holiday weekend.

So, I need to use rubishy IE or even worse Firefox for the time being.

A.:frown:

MINIme:)
8th April 2012, 12:33 AM
oh well I hadn't quite got around to switching to Chrome so I'll hold off! Is Firefox worse than IE? I thought it was the other way around. Maybe I'm out of date though

AndyP & Lenore
8th April 2012, 12:47 AM
Hold off on chrome Joanna. As I said on FB, I much prefer it to any other browser but at the moment it's broke.:frown:

A.

MINIme:)
8th April 2012, 12:48 AM
oooh you're in stereo! :lol:

zimbo
8th April 2012, 08:18 AM
Theres nothing wrong with FIREFOX, I use it and dont have problems with it thank you very much :moonie:
...dont even talk about that IE pi$h in here :lol:

Gismo
8th April 2012, 08:25 AM
Firefox convert here too, bad thing with chrome i've found, since i work with French folks who are meant to write reports in English, when my back to back installed chrome on the works PC he installed the French version, have since tried many times to change it to English to no avail.
Even uninstalled etc etc, still all the menu's in French, try googling it and see all the complaints

Unless anyone has a fix for me i will never praise Chrome :moonie: