PDA

View Full Version : Omg

Sheilz
3rd April 2012, 10:14 PM
Holidays have finally arrived. Twelve days of glorious sunshine in Costa Dubai. Average day temp just now is about 35C :cool: Judging by the weather outside the timing is perfect :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd April 2012, 10:18 PM
Holidays have finally arrived. Twelve days of glorious sunshine in Costa Dubai. Average day temp just now is about 35C :cool: Judging by the weather outside the timing is perfect :thumbs up:

Have fun Sheilz.:thumbs up:

Any room in your luggage for a stowaway? :lol:

A.:D

MINIme:)
3rd April 2012, 10:26 PM
Have a good time. Think it's been closer 39 recently! I was supposed to be going this year - family and best friends to visit - but don't think I'll be able to now... poor me :(

Have a lovely time.

Sheilz
4th April 2012, 12:16 AM
Thank you. It was 42C at the end of last week so I think you're probably right about it being higher.Just me being a canny Scot. Last time we were there Dani lived on the Palm but has since moved to a two storey apartment that is literally a stone's throw from the sea. Only a swimming pool between the house and Jumeriah Beach.
Andy would've made room for you however my sis insisted on me taking her assortment of camera lenses and a reflector thingie! Well I just can't wait to tease Dani about asking her to hold it up in the middle of Dubai Mall so I can take a portrait of her sis! I can hear her now! LOL First time we went she was utterly mortified at the camera by my side since it made me look like a tourist!!!!!!!! Er!??? Have got the last Haggis and pack of bacon (£7 in Dubai!!!) crammed into the case so think only got loads of sunshine to look forward to :excited:Such a a shame we will miss all the :snow: :laugh:

Gismo
4th April 2012, 07:59 AM
I only ever fly through Dubai, enjoy your hols Sheilz :cool:

stoney
4th April 2012, 08:11 AM
Enjoy you holls lucky bugger

ELFMAN
4th April 2012, 08:44 AM
Have a great time Sheilz! :cool: :thumbs up:
I think I'd melt in those temperatures...... :whiteflag:

AndyP & Lenore
4th April 2012, 09:09 AM
Bacon. Probably the thing I miss the most out there. Turkey bacon just doesn't cut it. :frown:

A. :D

Gismo
4th April 2012, 11:20 AM
I think I'd melt in those temperatures...... :whiteflag:I work in those temperatures :thud:

Stewart
4th April 2012, 02:44 PM
Sheilz enjoy! :cool:

Got a relation that lives out there and she is coming back home I think in June for a month as its too hot over there. leaving her hubby to work away and bring the kids back to Scotland for summer..My Sister is booked in for Atlantis on the Palm in three weeks, she loves it over there.

Got to say was in 35c in Palma a good few years back and it was hot enough for me, dread to think what 42 is like!!!!! :phew:although I do fancy a trip there just not in that heat!

N16SHP
4th April 2012, 03:43 PM
Im gonna be there in June, so try not to wreck the place before I get there Sheilz ;)

Sheilz
6th April 2012, 10:26 PM
It's 25C and 1.15am. Day temp has been a balmy 35C. Lol that is hot but tbh I don't ave much trouble adapting to it. Will try and not wreck the place for you Neil! Place will be emptying by the time you come out. Am bit disappointed in the sea temp. Was in swimming yesterday and defo still coolish compared to autumn temps. Ha ha I'm sitting on the balcony trying to work out how many servants the neighbours across the road have. The women are shadowy figures though did notice one dark figure emerging from her chauffeur driven car at 1am!! Probably been out at the mall. They're open till midnight. Funny contrast having to be happit in black cloth but coming home in the wee sma hours?!! Seen one coupe and just one hatch since we arrived. The local youths use Al Wasl Rd as their equivalent of the boullie in Aberdeen. Aberdeen youth would be jealous coz not only do the police ignore it but also because of the motors their boullie bashing with!

AndyP & Lenore
6th April 2012, 10:51 PM
I went in the sea when we were first out there in September 2010. About 30 feet away from me someone pointed in the sea and said.. "It's OK. If you leave them alone they won't bother you."

That was it for me, I bolted out the sea as quick as my legs and arms would get me, throwing small children behind me in the hope that it would slow down the man-eating fish/sea monsters.

I just managed to escape with my life. Swore I'd never go back in. :lol:

zimbo
6th April 2012, 11:07 PM
:lol: you made my night Andy, that last comment is classic!! :laugh: I can just picture it as well...

MINIme:)
7th April 2012, 12:30 AM
:lol: andy

cruisin the bouley brings back memories Shielz! Not that I did it myself OBVIOUSLY.

June will be bloody hot Neil :eek: good luck! I got seriously toasted in mid April (used to going march or oct though!) but then I was snorkelling. Dont go snorkelling in June unless you are wearing clothes!

(or factor more than 15 :frown:)

Sheilz
7th April 2012, 09:37 PM
I went in the sea when we were first out there in September 2010. About 30 feet away from me someone pointed in the sea and said.. "It's OK. If you leave them alone they won't bother you."

That was it for me, I bolted out the sea as quick as my legs and arms would get me, throwing small children behind me in the hope that it would slow down the man-eating fish/sea monsters.

I just managed to escape with my life. Swore I'd never go back in. :lol:

At least you reacted. Last time we were here was startled by a shoal of flying fish taking over my head but was too slow and doddery to do owt but grunt 'eh!' it's jellyfish season just now so keeping to the pool! It's the same kind of jellyfish that we get in abz but can still give a nasty sting. Saw a blue one at the creek. I think they're called Portuguese something or other and I think they're sting is Very poisonous.

Craig
7th April 2012, 09:48 PM
Portuguese men of war and you don't want stung that's for sure :(

AndyP & Lenore
8th April 2012, 12:07 AM
Saw a blue one at the creek. I think they're called Portuguese something or other and I think they're sting is Very poisonous.

Portuguese men of war and you don't want stung that's for sure :(

Wot Craig says...

The last thing you're likely to say if you get stung by one of those is, "Oh my, I think that might be one of those portu...." THUD.:frown:

N16SHP
8th April 2012, 08:53 PM
:lol: andy

cruisin the bouley brings back memories Shielz! Not that I did it myself OBVIOUSLY.

June will be bloody hot Neil :eek: good luck! I got seriously toasted in mid April (used to going march or oct though!) but then I was snorkelling. Dont go snorkelling in June unless you are wearing clothes!

(or factor more than 15 :frown:)

I don't tan so I'm cranking out the factor 50 sun block :)

Sheilz
8th April 2012, 08:55 PM
Was so chuffed to spot a red and silver clubman today! The minis are so easy to spot here because after a while all the jeeps and super cars kind of blend into one another! No Easter Egg today. Consoled myself with a trip to the Gold and Diamond Park! Diamonds are defo a girls best friend - just hope Munro agrees!

Sheilz
14th April 2012, 09:22 PM
Can't believe tomorrow is our last day in the 'sandpit'. This time tomorrow will be at the airport on our way to Paris for our flight to Aberdeen. Every night I've checked the metoffice hoping that warm weather is on its way to Scotland but seems we're in for a few days of shivering before we acclimatise. It's 27C just now. Just perfect for sitting outside listening to the city quieten for the night. Have been up early most mornings and so far the coolest temp has been 24 but in the low to mid 30s once the sun is up. Had lovely times taking early morning walks along the beach and lazing by the pool. Falling asleep by it wasn't such a smart move though!! The lobster look is not cool! We missed a cracking electric storm early this morning which was a shame. Only way we knew about it was by the puddle of water and debris on the veranda when we got up later in the morning. There's another storm due tomorrow so hope we don't miss it. Had one sand storm which was quite fierce but very short lived.
We've done all the tourist things, had a couple of afternoon teas at nice hotels, had some lovely meals out, bought lots of goodies, and spent tonight at the Hard Rock Cafe. Now just having a rest wondering how I'm going to cram the cases. Tomorrow I think will be spent storing up the Vitamin D. This has got to have been the shortest twelve days this year!

AndyP & Lenore
14th April 2012, 11:37 PM
Good for you Sheilz, glad you had a great time. :yes nod:

Have a safe trip home and mind and get yer holiday piccies up.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Craig
15th April 2012, 12:06 AM
Sounds like bliss Sheilz - we had the same but diff experience in Scotland this week ;)

Sheilz
15th April 2012, 10:24 AM
Munro has just let me know about the snow!!!! Just had to get a last swim in this morning. Went swimming in the sea. Surprising the change in the temp in twelve days. Catriona was too scared of the tiny little silver fishes! Just realised I've locked the big case with my trainers in it. I'm going to look the bees knees in Aberdeen with white sandals and black flight socks to keep the frost at bay! Suppose I do have Dougall to look forward to! And Munro of course! He has been given ample warning to make sure he's cleaned up his debris though I'm never fooled by the seemingly small ironing pile waiting for me. Last time, when I picked up the first thing to iron it was like releasing a spring. The pile turned into a mountain!! Didn't realise he'd that many shirts!