PDA

View Full Version : Not a great day.....

Craig
28th March 2012, 08:03 PM
well, got home from a hectic day at work and decided to cut the grass front and back as we are going on hols soon, and then give it a good watering... Well the cutting of the grass went well, but when watering the grass I attempted to move the hose, the hoselock gun which I use (which is mostly metal by the way) came flying out of the end of the hose and proceeded to bounce of the rear drivers side window of Elmo :ragin::frown:

Needless to say, the window shattered (as did my heart :argh:) and the only reason the back seat isnt showered in glass is because of the windows tints on the inside... So the car is now in my mums garage as it is vulnerable to break in and I'll need to try and sort out a new side window tomorrow or friday, otherwise Elmo will be stayin at home... :frown::frown:

Pic in next post :rolleyes::blush::oops::beer::explode::crazypilot:

Craig
28th March 2012, 08:04 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/5868e260-60c5-8a08.jpg

stoney
28th March 2012, 08:30 PM
Gutted for you big man :(

MINIme:)
28th March 2012, 08:38 PM
oh dude, I'm so gutted for you both :sad: Really hope he's fixed up soon :(

Scottie
28th March 2012, 08:57 PM
Gutted for you. Jude's stance Says it all

Craig
28th March 2012, 09:02 PM
Getting fixed tomorrow by autoglass at home. Jude was ok about it tbh but I'm seriously pissed off with myself. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN :frown:

Now to get the tints sorted !!

stoney
28th March 2012, 09:20 PM
Getting fixed tomorrow by autoglass at home. Jude was ok about it tbh but I'm seriously pissed off with myself. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN :frown:

Now to get the tints sorted !!

Glad it's all geting sorted now ;)

Craig
28th March 2012, 09:20 PM
Glad it's all geting sorted now ;)

Cheers mate ;)

28th March 2012, 09:21 PM
That's good quick service. Elmo will hopefully make it away on holiday :)

Don't beat yourself up, I'm an expert of the highest level at beating myself up and trust me it doesn't help!

RobSco
28th March 2012, 09:27 PM
Not so good Craig... :thud: ... Hope you get it all sorted out as these things happen, but it's something you could have done without... :yes nod:

Craig
28th March 2012, 09:49 PM
Yeah, worst case one side will be tinted and the other not !! :lol:

Jude
28th March 2012, 10:14 PM
These things happen. Was no point in me getting angry since Craig gave himself a hard enough time. Hopefully it will get sorted tomorrow.:p

Gismo
29th March 2012, 04:36 AM
Aw man, i know how much you care for your cars, gutted for you, ya dafty :lol:

Mini Ecosse
29th March 2012, 06:29 AM
Ouch! Lucky you have an understanding wife :thumbs up:

N16SHP
29th March 2012, 09:12 AM
I know Jude probably made you cut the grass and you really didn't want to, but there is no need to go throwing the hose through Elmo's window :hand: Only joking mate, thats not so great. But as Jude has said, these things happen. We've all been there and done something and thought now why the hell did I do that! Glad its getting fixed soon though.

Craig
29th March 2012, 09:19 AM
It might not be fixed today.... Mini will only let them use their glass and nobody has stock... :(

Crombers
29th March 2012, 09:20 AM
Ya nugget !! :oops:

On the plus side it hit glass (quick fix), imagine if it had scudded off the bodywork :frown:

zimbo
29th March 2012, 10:02 AM
:Whistle: Jude looked like she was about to whoop your a$$ :lol:

You sleeping in the garage for a few days then Craig? :smilewinkgrin:

Like crombers said at least it was glass and not bodywork. And yes these things do happen.

Burple
29th March 2012, 10:03 AM
Ya pure f@nny! :p

Like the big yin says tho... lucky it wasn't a big dent in the panel below the window!!

nothing worse than doing something like that yourself tho is there? :frown:

Hope you get it sorted soon!

Craig
29th March 2012, 11:06 AM
Cheers lads :rolleyes:

Found out from auto glass that MINI won't let them fit anything other than MINI glass and as helpful as MINI are they don't have any in stock in their dealers :argh:

So car is booked in for Monday 9th April to get the glass replaced and Elmo will now be locked in the garage for weeks while we are on holiday .... Gutted :frown: :ragin:

Colin
29th March 2012, 11:14 AM
Not what you need Craig! Especially before you go off on your hols. :frown::frown:

29th March 2012, 01:26 PM
sorry to hear that. Hope you both have a lovely holiday anyway

ELFMAN
29th March 2012, 02:51 PM
Rotten Luck Craig...I feel your 'PANE'! :sad:
I think you and Jude handled it very well - I'd have had a breakdown and strangled myself with the hose! :ragin::argh:

It'll get sorted (eventually), nobody was hurt and as others have said, you missed the bodywork :phew: Have a great holiday :cool::thumbs up:

Craig
29th March 2012, 03:02 PM
Getting fitted next thurs whilst we are on the first week of our hols thanks to my sister in law ;)

Will be able to talk him north the following week for a blast :thumbs up:

gauldrymini
29th March 2012, 03:09 PM
Good news fella:thumbs up:

...mind and take a few books for some holiday reading:Whistle:

Craig
29th March 2012, 04:27 PM
Good news fella:thumbs up:

...mind and take a few books for some holiday reading:Whistle:

:lol:

Big Gordy
29th March 2012, 05:22 PM
:Whistle: Jude looked like she was about to whoop your a$$ :lol:

If you're refering to the reflection in the window I'm sure that's Craigs mum.....:Whistle: it may be you're ass Judes whoopin Ali :hand:

Mmmmmm just had a nother look and it may be Jude after all.....ooops....sorry

weefossy
29th March 2012, 06:22 PM
As others have said, thankfully it wasn't the bodywork. Just keep taking deep breathes and have a good holiday.

Jude
29th March 2012, 08:16 PM
Oh great. So now I look like my 70 year old mother in law. Thanks Gordy:ragin:

Craig
29th March 2012, 10:59 PM
Ooft - you better hope you don't bump into Mrs D Gordy ;)

Big Gordy
30th March 2012, 08:37 AM
Ohhhh crap :blush:
There's really no way of getting out of this is there :argh:

Big Gordy
30th March 2012, 08:41 AM
I can only put this down to the extra effort I've had to excert in moving my pressure washer about so much seeing as I don't have the lance extension..... :moonie::p