PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Instrument Dial?

gauldrymini
22nd March 2012, 02:00 PM
What are folks advice on cleaning the instrument dials on your MINI? Our CM needs done as they are starting to look dusty...

I ask because in the past when trying to clean the dust off using a microfibre cloth, I thought all looked OK...until I saw the dials in sunlight and it looked like I had used steel wool to clean them:thud:

Any advice - gratefully recieved.

Thanks
Andrew

Stewart
23rd March 2012, 12:09 AM
I think they just scratch like mad. I use AG fast glass and put no pressure on a clean Microfibre cloth. Think its just a case of gently as you can. For some reason my Big centre dial is not to bad but there is a few on the Rev.

Got in my Sisters new car that had rolled out the factory on delivery mileage and her’s were scratched so I just figured my car probably came with them as well and I’d probably added a few.

Agree its annoying, your car can be spotless and then in the right sunlight your driving thinking what the hell is going on with plastic over the dials.

gauldrymini
23rd March 2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the reply Stewart...

I noticed a couple on the CM rev counter yesterday and I haven't touched it:rolleyes: as you say MINI must have carefully selected the softest plastic they could find:rolleyes:

Andrew

Bazthemod
23rd March 2012, 09:48 PM
Detailing brushes work well... one of these things though that can't be avoided in time.