PDA

View Full Version : Help with pricing for bumper

naufal.stab
18th March 2012, 09:49 PM
A bloke from another forum wanted to buy my standard cooper S R53 front bumper with all the chrome grill (attached to front bonnet). I am thinking of selling it to buy the aero JCW front bumper (with JCW grill and everything).

Basically, what's the price for new standard cooper S front bumper?? and what price should I put on mine (taken from 2005 car which is still immaculate)?

And whats the price for new JCW aero front bumper? and sensible price for the used one?

If anyone has any info reg this, or perhaps any link I can refer to, it'd be very kind of you. I think that both the buyer and seller were trying to take advantage on me since I dont have a clue on the price. So, that's why I ask. Really appreciate any help given. cheers

Gismo
18th March 2012, 10:06 PM
Ask your dealer for price of the bumper you need

stoney
18th March 2012, 10:22 PM
Yep best to ask dealer or phone round scrap yards and ask them

naufal.stab
18th March 2012, 10:26 PM
I really dont have time for that. Tomorrow I have class from 9 to 6 and I need to give an answer by tomorrow. Plus, I bought the car 2nd hand and not sure which dealer to ask. Futhermore, dealer price is a bit steep. So wont reflect cheaper option I can get.

TBH here's the deal he offered :

He gave me his aero JCW front bumper with JCW grills for front bonnet. In return, he wants my standard cooper S front bumper and chrome grill to replace what he gave me+my old 4 standard 17" S-Spoke alloys(with only few kerbs on the edge and kerb-free on the face)+3 nearly new budget tyres (5-6mm tread left)+£35 in his way.

Is this a fair/good deal? or am I being ripped off?really not sure tho

stoney
18th March 2012, 11:19 PM
I would offer a straight swap for that tbh or even a bit of cash ur way wheels prob worth £200 with rubber and bumper most likely around £80 ish 2nd hand

I know an areo grill sells for around £30

naufal.stab
18th March 2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah I would think so as well. I think I am at loss. but TBH it's my mistake since I advertised my S-Spokes for £100 (rims only). The 3 tyres were budget tyres and I got them for free when buying 2nd hand alloys from a chap last week. I dont want them. So I said I would give the tyres for free for those who can collect the S-Spoke rims. Since you said my bumper is £80 ish, that makes me feel better. In the end, after bargaining, I got a deal of £35 in his way on top of all the swaps. Since he's a mechanic, he will fit the bumper for me at no cost. He even travel to my place to collect the wheels and get every swap done right at my house. Does this sound fairer? TBH, I still feel that I dont need to pay cash to him since he's getting bumper,rims and tyres. Nvm then. sometimes we gain and sometimes we lose. life.

stoney
19th March 2012, 09:09 AM
thats not to bad if he is doing the fitting for it i would look at the £35 for fitting the bumper and also his petrol to come to you so not to bad but removing and fitting front bumper is a doodle

naufal.stab
19th March 2012, 12:12 PM
The thing is, initial agreement is he is buying my wheels. thats it. thats why he needs to travel to my place. but somehow, he offered me his aero bumper as he's getting back to standard. He said he can do it for me when collecting the wheels. so I think he may know the real price and maybe he's gaining from this offer? I am not sure. Now, instead of getting £100 for the wheels, I have to fork out another £35 for things I dont really have plan to do. I dont know whether upgrading to aero bumper is really necessary, but I have just paid to him and just have to live with that. budget is a bit tight now,so even small loss would be felt lol :p