PDA

View Full Version : JCW Coupe

illegalhunter
13th March 2012, 09:48 PM
Test drove one today , sooooooooooooooooooo temped to buy . Oh , the final payment to my 07 was last week . So just so i know have they fixed the engine rattle , anthing elsei should be aware of . Its been 4 years since i had a Mini

stoney
13th March 2012, 10:03 PM
Don't think so but never had the new eng

AndyP & Lenore
13th March 2012, 10:12 PM
The new N18 engine (as found in the Cooper S Coupe you test drove) does NOT have the cold start engine rattle problem - allegedly.:thumbs up:

A.:D

MINIme:)
13th March 2012, 10:40 PM
:smilewinkgrin: good to hear you enjoyed it! last payment done...sounds like time to get back in a mini :yes nod:

ianking
14th March 2012, 01:32 PM
I have the new engine in my 2011 S and its never rattled.
My 07 S and my 08 JCW rattled quite regular even although they had the full chain and pulleys and tensioner changed.

KenL
14th March 2012, 11:15 PM
I have the new engine in my 2011 S and its never rattled.
My 07 S and my 08 JCW rattled quite regular even although they had the full chain and pulleys and tensioner changed.

Really! My 09 S did not rattle in about 25k miles after having the full fix installed by PV.

weefossy
23rd March 2012, 09:21 PM
One of Neil's friends arrived today in a Black / Red Roofed JCW Coupe and I have to say I was impressed. Similar interior to The Beast.
I know i wouldn't have a black car, but with the red roof and stripes it looked great. Even with my height, felt the driving position was fine and I could see with no problems. Even the "inverted baseball cap" roof is growing on me. Just wished the roof folded away!
at this point in time, I think I prefer the Coupe to the Roadster.