PDA

View Full Version : Change of cars - not the mini

Mini Ecosse
12th March 2012, 07:11 PM
Traded in the Mercedes for something completely different. Really sorry to see it go, but due to elderly parents struggling to get in and out low slung Merc it had to go :sad:

The old and the new
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/IMG_3813.jpg

X3 M Sport

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/IMG_3819.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/IMG_3820.jpg

Jude
12th March 2012, 07:28 PM
Very nice. I've been through the whole ' oldies having manoeuvring difficulties' problem myself but looks like you're still going to have fun with this. Happy motoring:thumbs up:

Craig
12th March 2012, 07:31 PM
Very nice. Fifth Gear seemed to rate it very highly ;). I'm sure you'll have fun in it :yes nod:

Gismo
12th March 2012, 07:43 PM
Oh yeah :motoring:

N16SHP
12th March 2012, 07:51 PM
Nice!! Happy motoring!

RobSco
12th March 2012, 07:56 PM
Very Nice Stephen... :yes nod: ... Was your photo's taken around the Lix Toll area, Just looks familiar... ??? ... Enjoy your New Car... :motoring:

I know to keep a look out for both cars when I'm up in Oban as I'm up there a number of times throughout the year... :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
12th March 2012, 08:27 PM
Very nice Stephen.

Which engine does it have?

A.

MINIme:)
12th March 2012, 09:12 PM
oh lovely! that's a cracker, wishing you many safe and happy miles :thumbs up:

weefossy
12th March 2012, 11:23 PM
Nice motor. Always preffered a BMW to a Merc.

stoney
12th March 2012, 11:23 PM
Looks good had a play with one of these in my old mini ;)

Mini Ecosse
12th March 2012, 11:51 PM
Very Nice Stephen... :yes nod: ... Was your photo's taken around the Lix Toll area, Just looks familiar... ??? ... Enjoy your New Car... :motoring:

I know to keep a look out for both cars when I'm up in Oban as I'm up there a number of times throughout the year... :thumbs up:

Piccies taken between Tyndrum and Dalmally.

Will be looking for a :bigwave: when you are up in Oban:thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
12th March 2012, 11:53 PM
Very nice Stephen.

Which engine does it have?

A.

It's only the 2 ltr diesel.
You will like the 8 speed auto box:thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
12th March 2012, 11:55 PM
:thankyou: all for comments.

Neil - TXJ
13th March 2012, 12:18 AM
Nice car. Will be interesting what mpg you get - they have been running one in the top gear mag and mileage is miles away from the claimed figures.

If I was looking for a new family motor, and could afford it, this would be my current choice particularly with the new auto box.

Neil.

AndyP & Lenore
13th March 2012, 12:52 AM
Traded in the Mercedes for something completely different. Really sorry to see it go, but due to elderly parents struggling to get in and out low slung Merc it had to go :sad:

Just noticed this.... You're talking about yourselves, right? :lol: :lol:

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
13th March 2012, 12:53 AM
It's only the 2 ltr diesel.
You will like the 8 speed auto box:thumbs up:

The 2L is punchy though. And the auto box...:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
13th March 2012, 07:19 AM
Just noticed this.... You're talking about yourselves, right? :lol: :lol:

PMSL Just remember Andy, this is only one step up from a Countryman, you are nearly there :lol:

Ally's knee op will be sometime in the next three months and she will certainly find it easier to get in and out an X3.

A completely different style of driving required for this but we should soon get back in the groove. We had three Isuzu Troopers( not at the same time before you make any smart a***d comment:hand:) when kid's were young and spent every weekend there was snow up in Glen Coe skiing.

euan
13th March 2012, 09:57 AM
Very nice. I fancied one of these to replace my A4 but can't get the figures to work on the company scheme due to the C02.

Much better looking (and apparently, built) than the last model too. Enjoy!