PDA

View Full Version : Countryman thoughts sought

Scotsmart
12th March 2012, 12:15 AM
Ok guys the direct approach possibly as in my intro my questions are not being answered :moonie:

So a rapid resumme i am considering a Countryman 2.0l D Cooper S and have a few questions to ask of all assembled Countryman drivers then that go like this...

Whats the real world expected MPG over 90% B roads?
How comfortable on a run are they (Im disabled and need comfort/economy over style and speed)
Will the £180 Cruise option help at all in my fuel economy?
Is there any "extra or accessory this car really cant do without?
Whats it like to own long-term as a car is it fun, boring what?
And lastly we are considering it in white or silver views on this also please?

Many thanks we are considering purchasing from Inverness's Cathertons (having found the salesman a bit on the pushy side i worry it could be a sign, so views on the company also would be great)

Craig
12th March 2012, 12:26 AM
I think the reason your questions have gone unanswered is because there is prob no one to answer them. I think there is only 1 person in the club that has an SD Countryman and that is Cuddles.

As for the dealer, I'm sure Scottie gave her opinion on the dealer... ;)

Sorry if you feel our members aren't helping much but you have asked for "real world" so there is no point in us quoting brochure figures or "what we heard from the salesman". Oh can I now do a :moonie:

Scotsmart
12th March 2012, 12:30 AM
It wasnt a critism it was more wondering if it had been missed more than anything ... ive obviously got the brochures etc was rather seeking an owners view not to worry if there arent any then im not likely to get one am i? so moving on then are there many 2.0l d Cooper S owners then ?

AndyP & Lenore
12th March 2012, 01:12 AM
We have a Cooper S All 4 Countryman but it's not a D so can't give you economy figures.

Ride quality is excellent. Even with run flats it is very comfortable and not as bone-shaky as our R56 Hatch.

Could never describe a MINI as boring. Even the countryman is a fun-filled thrill ride go-cart to drive.

White, White, White!! Nuff said. :thumbs up:

A. :D

MINIme:)
12th March 2012, 01:24 AM
:lol: with the white! I don't get it myself, I don't dislike the white at all but there are some other really nice colours! There's a cosmic blue (dark metallic blue) in my carpark - it's a lovely colour! and also a kind of coffee coloured metallic one - also really nice.

Scotsmart
12th March 2012, 02:48 AM
thanks for that guys as it happens the only other colours we would consider would be the blue but think it looks wicked in white to be honest shows up its fancy bits nicely base colours are the new trend you only need take a look at BIG ticket machines porsches, mercs etc and such all current best sellers in plain white, all helpful however

Gismo
12th March 2012, 06:13 AM
Absolutely no idea on real world mpg, like Andy I have the All4 S and the ride comfort is excellent.
I think you need to get a test drive and check it out yourself.

I doubt cruise control would make a big difference in the economy, but, I'd spec it ever time anyway as it comes in one of the packs?

gauldrymini
12th March 2012, 09:12 AM
Here are a few answers...

We have a Cooper D ALL4 and get around 46 mpg. Our CM is white with a black roof and while it does look smart the roof being black shows up every mark. Comfortable...yes they are with a decent amount of space, even if the dash has a few "grumbles" now and again.

As for basic spec required (IMHO): Auto - dim rear mirror, Flat load liner, Rubber mats & boot liner (goes on top of flat load liner), Auto air con, Sport button, Sport steering wheel, Fog lights and Interior light pack and On board computer...Bluetooth is standard.

Hope this helps, can't give any advice on Cooper SD but probably pulls like a good 'un...

Andrew

KenL
12th March 2012, 08:20 PM
I've read in a few places that cruise is worse on fuel economy than "sensible" driving. With cruise it will just hit the gas if it needs to climb a hill. If you are doing everything yourself you can look ahead and use techniques such as allowing speed to built on down slopes and carry that into up slopes etc.

Most MINIs are bought with a pack which would include cruise with CHILLI pack.

MINIme:)
12th March 2012, 09:24 PM
I should explain Mr Scotsmart, that the reason I laughed at white is nothing to do with the colour itself but that it's very much the recurrent choice around these guys. I wasn't in any way taking the P. :smilewinkgrin: You're in good company!

stoney
12th March 2012, 11:48 PM
Sliver or red for me can not comment on the rest as I have a r53 Gp :)