PDA

View Full Version : Badge Removal - Mini One

DarnShiv
8th March 2012, 05:37 PM
Has anyone removed the name badge from the boot? If so, how do you do it without causing damage? How difficult is it?

Daryl

Bazthemod
8th March 2012, 10:47 PM
Dental floss - get behind the the lettering and work your way back and forth until free.

Then use tar remover to get rid of any residue.

ianking
9th March 2012, 10:42 AM
Always a good idea to heat it right up as well. A hairdryer does a good job, it helps seperate the adhesives and the bad pretty much just picks off

badwolf340
29th April 2014, 07:38 PM
tried this and it works a treat :yes nod:

jdl_1967
29th April 2014, 09:18 PM
Same here on a number of cars, fine with the Mini.

Some cars have badges affixed by bolts through the boot lid and you're left with holes.

I just noticed a scratch that's appeared along the whole length of my John Cooper Works badge that wasn't there last time I washed it, admittedly some time ago :-) Looks like someone's attempted to run something under the badge to remove it, definitely not bodywork friendly tooth floss or fishing line :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

EcosseGP
29th April 2014, 09:47 PM
I had noticed the other day that the car and some parts of the wheels had been washed John ;)

stoney
29th April 2014, 10:00 PM
Holly crap thread reincarnation :lol: Daryl now has a FJCW :lol:

jdl_1967
29th April 2014, 10:11 PM
I had noticed the other day that the car and some parts of the wheels had been washed John ;)

LOL, I was planning washing the remaining parts of the wheels another day, or more accurately, probably another month.

Sent from my Lumia 1020

EcosseGP
29th April 2014, 10:16 PM
^^ I thought you'd had a child at your door washing cars for pocket money lol ..
At least you tried John ! ;)

DarnShiv
22nd May 2014, 08:23 PM
Holly crap thread reincarnation :lol: Daryl now has a FJCW :lol:

Yea, couldn't get the badge off so got the FJCW;) (not mine really, I only get to put petrol in and clean it) :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
22nd May 2014, 08:36 PM
Could you not get them off at all ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DarnShiv
22nd May 2014, 10:12 PM
Could you not get them off at all ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TBH I did not try it in the end, I did not want to risk any damage. But as Rob said we got the FJCW, so kept all the badges on that:thumbs up: