PDA

View Full Version : Useless feature thread

Neil and Lorna
4th March 2012, 08:44 PM
Ok, so what is the most useless feature you've experienced in a car. Any make thats why this is in OTAB

I'll start.

Follow me home lights in our Lexus RX300 from a few years back, they switched off when you opened the drivers door.:thud:

Neil.

Mon the fish
4th March 2012, 10:44 PM
Vauxhalls that beep when you open the door with the key in the ignition.

In Minis - sunroofs; back seats; under-bonnet sound deadening; the fact the headlights pulse in time with the relay when the car won't start because the battery is flat; the flap on the JCW airbox

AndyP & Lenore
4th March 2012, 10:48 PM
Trying to think of something but the only thing that springs to mind isn't so much a "feature" as an engine component; so not useless, required, but useless all the same..... The distributor cap on my Vauxhall Nova required replacing every 5k miles. If you didn't, water would get in and the car would miss-fire something terrible.

AndyP & Lenore
4th March 2012, 10:52 PM
Remember Ian's Volvo? I think it was the one he had when he lived in Arbroath.... The bloody seatbelt clasp had a sensor so it knew when you were wearing the belt and the seat had a sensor so it knew if there was an ass on it. Ass present but no belt in clasp resulted in the most annoying click - click - click - click and flashing light on the dash. But the clasp sensor was buggered so you had to hold the clasp down to convince it you were wearing the belt.

A.

MINIme:)
4th March 2012, 11:12 PM
Hoi! what's wrong with a mini sunroof :hand:

That self opening window when you press the open button crap really annoys me - especially considering you can set the car to relock itself after a couple of minutes if it gets pressed in your pocket as you walk away - but the damn windows don't close as well. So I walk away from my car holding the key gingerly by the edges and won't put it in my bag until I'm about 3 miles away. Annoying.