PDA

View Full Version : info about new 2012 JCW engine

MINIme:)
29th February 2012, 12:26 AM
http://www.motoringfile.com/2012/02/28/world-debut-2012-jcw-engine-with-valvetronic/

AndyP & Lenore
29th February 2012, 01:03 AM
Woohoo JCW auto here we come.:thumbs up::smilewinkgrin:

L.

AndyP & Lenore
29th February 2012, 01:14 AM
We've known about this for a month or so, but sort of sworn to secrecy by John McKinstry at Vardy's.

Now it's public we can start screaming about it from the rafters.

JCW AUTO!!!!! Yeeeee Haaaaaaa!

Now..... hatch..... roadster..... countryman...... coupe? Which to go for?

Answers on a postcard or sealed down envelope please.

A.

MINIme:)
29th February 2012, 01:20 AM
what's the appeal of auto? never driven one so haven't a clue - do you just like it?

AndyP & Lenore
29th February 2012, 01:25 AM
what's the appeal of auto? never driven one so haven't a clue - do you just like it?

We love them. Besides, when you're chattin' on your cell and munching on a McDonalds buger how the hell are you supposed to ALSO change gear? :thud:

A.:D

Stewart
29th February 2012, 02:12 AM
So there is a new Engine in the JCW Coutryman 2013 or is it in everything? All4 JCW now there is something to think about.....

Andy is your blue Works not an Auto?

Mini Ecosse
29th February 2012, 07:42 AM

A.

Just get one of each :whoohoo:

zimbo
29th February 2012, 09:39 AM
Mr + Mrs Ps R56 is an S with the JCW tuning kit fitted I think!? think Andy and Lenore will now both have :drool: faces :lol:

ELFMAN
29th February 2012, 09:50 AM
All4 JCW now there is something to think about.....

I know this is a bit :off topic:

Stewart - I had to snigger about this bit in the 'Motoringfile' blurb for the new JCW Countryman:
"Gone is the softer, standard suspension and in its place is a sports suspension tuned specifically for this car...The MINI John Cooper Works Countryman, will be fitted as standard with the all-wheel- drive system known as ALL4, and powered by a newly developed four-cylinder turbocharged engine producing 211 hp. This new combination assures the driver of extreme driving fun on ANY TERRAIN.".

Yes, if your idea of 'Extreme Driving Fun' is getting stuck in a field, skidding into a rock or bottoming out on a rutted trail... Big wheels, low profiles, stiff suspension? ANY TERRAIN? B*ll*cks! In its guise as a 'multi-purpose do-everything sports utility vehicle', one of the main criticisms aimed at the Countryman S in Evo and other mags is that it's too stiff and not really suited to any sort of genuine 'off road' activities. I've no doubt the JCW Countryman be great fun on a (smooth) road, but this 'All Terrain' stuff is just pants. How many JCW Countrymen will be driven on anything other than tarmac? About three, and two of them will need recovering by the local farmer in his Land Rover... :smilewinkgrin:

BTW the new Engine is a step forward, but it's still about 30bhp shy to make the Countryman shift in proper 'JCW Stylee'.

stoney
29th February 2012, 09:57 AM
We've known about this for a month or so, but sort of sworn to secrecy by John McKinstry at Vardy's.

Now it's public we can start screaming about it from the rafters.

A.

non of the above as they will all be slow :lol: :)

N16SHP
29th February 2012, 10:26 AM
Woohoo JCW auto here we come.:thumbs up::smilewinkgrin:

L.

Ha ha, the first time I read this I thought, Andy will be pleased :D

Stewart
29th February 2012, 03:50 PM
I know this is a bit :off topic:

Stewart - I had to snigger about this bit in the 'Motoringfile' blurb for the new JCW Countryman:
"Gone is the softer, standard suspension and in its place is a sports suspension tuned specifically for this car...The MINI John Cooper Works Countryman, will be fitted as standard with the all-wheel- drive system known as ALL4, and powered by a newly developed four-cylinder turbocharged engine producing 211 hp. This new combination assures the driver of extreme driving fun on ANY TERRAIN.".

Yes, if your idea of 'Extreme Driving Fun' is getting stuck in a field, skidding into a rock or bottoming out on a rutted trail... Big wheels, low profiles, stiff suspension? ANY TERRAIN? B*ll*cks! In its guise as a 'multi-purpose do-everything sports utility vehicle', one of the main criticisms aimed at the Countryman S in Evo and other mags is that it's too stiff and not really suited to any sort of genuine 'off road' activities. I've no doubt the JCW Countryman be great fun on a (smooth) road, but this 'All Terrain' stuff is just pants. How many JCW Countrymen will be driven on anything other than tarmac? About three, and two of them will need recovering by the local farmer in his Land Rover... :smilewinkgrin:

BTW the new Engine is a step forward, but it's still about 30bhp shy to make the Countryman shift in proper 'JCW Stylee'.

My I idea off road is this toy that was fun many moons ago, Race Tuned Rover V8 Monster that could eat most things upto 60MPH in 5 seconds or something but had the top speed off 76 MPH I think we got it too. :smilewinkgrin:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/24378_101235233250594_100000923530173_8933_5577934 _n.jpg

But with regards to the JCW I’m thinking is it permanent FWD and how it gets its power down on the road. How much of this is going to the rear?

Your right of course they should not be trying to sell it as an off roader, I think when they mean any Terrain it means snow and some light mud on the roads and that tricky gravel driveway uncle sid has when they visit. I don’t think many will be tearing round gravel forest roads
;)