PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Y cable plugged in

MINIme:)
23rd February 2012, 11:39 PM
Whenever I leave my Y cable plugged in and leave/return to the car, it fails to register when the car is switched back on. WHY?! Is it me? Does it sound like a poor connection or is it actually right that I need to pull it out and put it back in again every time I switch off the engine?!

It's annoying.

:ragin:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd February 2012, 11:44 PM
Our "Y" has been plugged in since the day we bought the CM and we've never once had to plug it back in for it to recognise the iPod.:confused::confused:

A.

24th February 2012, 12:02 AM
Hmm. That's annoying then. :stamp: Mine reverts to FM radio and fails to recognise the device until I pull the cable out and put it back again. This is after a full 5 mins of wiggling every feasible connection before giving up.

:sad:

silver spirit
24th February 2012, 02:20 AM
Yes me also ! Wot Andy said #~~~~~ :-)

Gismo
24th February 2012, 09:33 AM
Our "Y" has been plugged in since the day we bought the CM and we've never once had to plug it back in for it to recognise the iPod.:confused::confused:

A.

Yes me also ! Wot Andy said #~~~~~ :-)Me too

MINI William
24th February 2012, 09:41 AM
As above I've never needed to pull the Y cable out on any of my cars

24th February 2012, 12:01 PM
God this is going to really annoy me now :sad: Do you connect the iPod before you start the engine or after? I'm sure it shouldn't matter.
I should say even taking it out and re-inserting it, it sometimes fails to recognise and is still showing both aux and usb in the menu instead of ipod. Not the easiest connectors to get to either.

Could do without a trip to the garage for something so stupid :( Cost me £43 as well!

Bazthemod
24th February 2012, 04:24 PM
These cables aren't the best quality wise - Ive had a couple replaced by the dealer. If its under a year old get it swapped. :)

Martin c
24th February 2012, 05:56 PM
Mine is connected all the time with no probs, sounds like a dud cable