PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix BMW Taken Over

MINI William
12th February 2012, 10:59 AM
Thought I would post up that Phoenix BMW/MINI has been sold to Harry Fairbairn (Arnold Clark).

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2012, 11:28 AM
Is that where you guys usually buy your cars from?

MINI William
12th February 2012, 11:29 AM
Is that where you guys usually buy your cars from?

:yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2012, 11:33 AM
Will the same salesmen still be there for you to deal with?

Craig
12th February 2012, 11:42 AM
Hmmm not sure that's a good thing William especially with other peoples dealings with HF...

MINIme:)
12th February 2012, 12:21 PM
Arnold Clark have a very bad reputation, I stay well away.

MiniSnaps
12th February 2012, 12:55 PM
Arnold Clark have a very bad reputation, I stay well away.

Very (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4115222/Suicide-car-salesman-Scott-Simpsons-sister-will-hold-talks-with-his-bosses-today-when-HE-was-due-at-a-crunch-meeting-with-them.html)

MINI William
12th February 2012, 04:55 PM
Will the same salesmen still be there for you to deal with?

We have been told there are no staff changes so will still be dealing with the same people

ianking
12th February 2012, 06:10 PM
My mother is a senior O.T for Edinburgh and has alot of dealings with eldery people. One of my mums staff came to her with a case of an elderly woman that had serious dimentia and was going to be getting put into a home to be looked after. The old woman couldnt drive any more and had sold her car some time ago. As she didnt really have a sound mind she got a bit confused and had made contact with an Arnold Clark dealership. My mums staf member had found the salesmans card and called saying that the old lady had no licence and could not drive and wasnt of sound mind and that they should not sell her a car. The A.C dealership persisted to call the old dear and the salesman offered to drive round with the car to the old lady and deliver it and collect a cheque for it. Again my mums staff called to say stop this but again the old lady had A.Cs on the phone saying that she had comitted to buy. My mother then stepped in to inform A.C dealership manager (who said that they had nothing to do with it) that the police would be round to the dealership if this continued. They have not been in contact with the old lady since.

Stewart
12th February 2012, 06:26 PM
That's a bit off Ian. Shocking if they tried to take an old dears money for a sale. beginning to think Car dealers as just con men in suits these days always out for a fast buck and trying to screw the customer. I've actually been put off buying a car a few times as I just cant be arsed with sales people.

12th February 2012, 06:39 PM
that's awful Ian :sad: why are people so horrible. Seems to be harder and harder to find properly nice genuine people these days

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2012, 10:14 PM
that's awful Ian :sad: why are people so horrible. Seems to be harder and harder to find properly nice genuine people these days

Let's not tar all salesmen/woman with the same brush. I'm sure there are a few gems out there.

Although I've never bought a car from him - yet - and notwithstanding the issue NMS member Bullet appears to be having - John McKinstry at NMS dealer sponsor Peter Vardy MINI in Edinburgh has been nothing but honest and genuine with us.

A.

12th February 2012, 10:47 PM
I wasn't tarring all salesmen. It was a general statement that trust seems harder to find these days (not talking just about sales) and it's sad that some people want to be downright horrible.
John McKinstry and John Grey were excellent to me and JM in particular continues to be as I've had several dealings with him since.

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2012, 10:56 PM
I wasn't tarring all salesmen. It was a general statement that trust seems harder to find these days (not talking just about sales) and it's sad that some people want to be downright horrible.
John McKinstry and John Grey were excellent to me and JM in particular continues to be as I've had several dealings with him since.

Sorry Joanna, it looked like I was singling your comment out.:blush: I hadn't meant to do that.... there had been a few generally negative posts suggesting good customer service doesn't exist and I felt it was only fair to stick up for the ones who do.

However, what Ian has posted up is truly despicable. I fail to see how any human can behave this way towards a vulnerable senior.:frown:

A.

KenL
12th February 2012, 11:34 PM
Agreed. Great service from everyone at Peter Vardy that I have dealt with.

Glorious
14th February 2012, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't deal with Arnold Clark again - they're just not trustworthy and it's a totally different feel from somewhere like PV in Edinburgh. I had an AC branch manager on the phone to me to tell I had mislead his salesman (I was returning a faulty car to a branch but decided on a different marque so test drove at a different branch of AC - they had actually mislead me on the spec of the car I was buying so I had called to complain). After the way he spoke to me I didn't use AC again.

MiniSnaps
14th February 2012, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't deal with Arnold Clark again - they're just not trustworthy and it's a totally different feel from somewhere like PV in Edinburgh.

Interesting, I was in a PV branch (Vauxhall) recently with my dad, looking for a car for him, and the whole set up there struck me as only being a step above those "car warehouse" sites that use the Pendle technique. Mind you neither Fairbairns or Parks exactly impress either......

KenL
14th February 2012, 08:24 PM
A Vauxhall dealer may well be totally different from a MINI/BMW dealer.

MiniSnaps
14th February 2012, 09:49 PM
A Vauxhall dealer may well be totally different from a MINI/BMW dealer.

Of course, the same would then apply to an AC/HF dealership....

JC Mike
15th May 2012, 10:59 AM
One of my old colleagues works in this branch as soon as it was taken over, what they do is they change as many staff as they can and get more 'AC minded' management in, he went from enjoying it initially to hating it as the changes took place, they get a hard manager in place and as the processes get more AC like, inevitably the mood of the place changes, i have to say i moved from AC as they squeeze you and squeeze you to a point where i felt i couldnt deliver the kind of service a customer would expect, especially at a BMW/MINI dealer.