PDA

View Full Version : Countryman fuel economy

Kevin Carruthers
11th February 2012, 03:01 PM
Anybody else got a petrol Countryman Cooper and getting only 30mpg regardless of how they drive it?

:argh:

Gismo
11th February 2012, 03:27 PM
Are your figures based on the trip or calculation after filling up?
I get 28 to 30mpg in my All4 S and that's US gallons

Stewart
11th February 2012, 04:32 PM
Friend has an All4 petrol S and she is getting low to mid thirties but its doing nursery runs and shopping mostly. She came from a sports Merc so to her its same old same old as it got about the same.

I’m doing short runs just now and brimmed the tank on Thursday and it worked out 34MPG with the car computer saying 36 MPG. But in this weather the poor wee sole never gets a chance to heat up. This is on a Cooper Hatch and with the Countryman you’ve got a heavier car.:smilewinkgrin:

pot007
15th February 2012, 01:45 PM
I got 39-40mpg in the Cooper Clubman and now I've got the Countryman One and getting 31mpg....didn't expect much more though as its a bigger beast and less oomph (so foot to floor all the time)

MINIme:)
15th February 2012, 11:10 PM
I'm only getting 28 (28!!!!) in my Cooper hatch. But it's a stupid daily run of two miles each way with 8 sets of traffic lights and some bits post lights where I stick my foot down :blush:

Will have to rem to reset it before I go to Abdn next week to get a better idea of a faster run. :motoring:

Scotsmart
12th March 2012, 12:01 AM
Can anyone advise on the "real world" fuel ecomony figures that can be reasonably expected out of a brandnew Countryman 2.0l Cooper S Deisel over mostly B roads :computer: (im intending on purchasing one and want to get cruise fitted so would welcome current drivers opinions views and figures)

Cheers guys ;)

Sportspack Mark
12th March 2012, 12:05 AM
i know poor fuel consumption appears to be an issue on the countryman in general. i know of a few complaining

ajamesj
13th March 2012, 12:43 AM
I am now averaging 48mpg with my countryman the same journey with my cooper d hatch was always averaging 56mpg so I am now beginning to be happy again just done over 2500 miles