PDA

View Full Version : PV VIP event

Glorious
9th February 2012, 10:21 AM
My mate has a VIP appointment at Vardy's tomorrow - he does have a Mini to trade in so hopefully he picks up something - I'm tagging along as I'm nosey :yes nod:

http://www.petervardy.com/mini/new-cars-offers/view/2537/Peter-Vardy-MINI-VIP-Event

Anyone else heading along?

Glorious
14th February 2012, 12:21 AM
So, went along on Friday with my buddy.

First thing the salesman did was draw 2 pics of cars, then put a price on one and another price on the other £299 more. Right away he's trying to sell gap insurance, before even discussing model or anything. I thought that was a bit strange as when I was in there in December there was none of that. Maybe because it was 3 days of VIP appointments they did this with every customer.

So it all appears to be going well, and he's discussing options when I have to leave to go to my training. He texts me a sad face later and tells me they couldn't do a deal. It appears they got right through it only to find that his car was in negative equity and it would cost him a load of cash to do a deal which he just didn't want to do as he's been a customer there for years.

I thought the first thing they should have done would be to find out what his current Mini is worth before trying to sell gap insurance and extra paint cover etc?

MINIme:)
14th February 2012, 12:49 AM
Sounds odd. It's always the first thing I ask as a customer rather than the first thing the sales peeps would ask I would think? You need to have some bargaining power and know what you're looking to spend as your very starting point... and how can you do that without having a valuation first?
Gap insurance was barely mentioned to me and way down the line when we had fine tuned every other detail. I refused it on the basis I had squeezed every other penny out and the conversation was dropped instantly :yes nod:
It's a shame that he didn't manage to get a deal though.

AndyP & Lenore
14th February 2012, 01:42 AM
Glorious, are you saying that Peter Vardy used the VIP event to try and drive car sales to invited customers? :thud: (irony intended)

Please tell me you didn't expect anything less.:lol: It's what they DO.

A.:D

Glorious
14th February 2012, 11:10 AM
Glorious, are you saying that Peter Vardy used the VIP event to try and drive car sales to invited customers? :thud: (irony intended)

Please tell me you didn't expect anything less.:lol: It's what they DO.

A.:D

Lol - my point was all around the method(s) of sale - completely different from when I went in off my own back, to the point they were drawing wee pictures of cars, and pics of how paint works (very patronising), before even discussing the customers needs. They ended up wasting about 2 hours of his and their time.