PDA

View Full Version : Recall work done - Vardy's top notch.

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2012, 02:08 AM
Our Blue MINI was in Peter Vardy's today for the safety recall work to be carried out.

In stark contrast to Greig's experience, our car was taken immediately, we were offered more coffee, soft drinks and biscuits we could consume, a pleasant chat with John McKinstry and when the work was done they actually ASKED us if we wanted it washed or not - remembering we haven't wanted that done in the past.

Work took about 90 to 100 mins from dropping off to driving away.

We didn't bother booking a loan car as we knew the job wouldn't take too long. So we had a nice 2 mile walk with Tili along the promenade that runs between Seafiled rd and the beach.

Absolutely impeccable service lads, well done.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

A.:D:D

MINIme:)
4th February 2012, 10:09 AM
Good to hear Andy, That McKinstry is a good chap, I go through him for everything including parts and get him to chase them up etc! Sorted out getting my grille swapped by actually sending it through to their HQ in Glasgow which was very kind and much much appreciated. I wouldn't take such a liberty normally only because they accidentally sold me the wrong part. Glad to hear you had a good day.

Gismo
4th February 2012, 10:22 AM
Good to hear Andy.

With my recent purchase here in the USA when i filled out the survey it became apparent that i didn't give my dealer the correct scoring.
From 0 to 10 you can score them as you feel, 10 being the best, i gave all 9's cause in my book nobody in this universe can be absolute perfect, wow, was i wrong, anything below a 10 and the sales guys get called in to discuss how they can improve.
It's a different perception in the US to the UK, if only they knew what we normally go through at some dealerships :lol:

I must say my sales guy is fantastic and is now considered a friend rather than that guy at the dealer.

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2012, 10:25 AM
I must say my sales guy is fantastic and is now considered a friend rather than that guy at the dealer.

It's how it used to be when we bought our first couple of MINI's. Unfortunately, Ally now sells Landrovers. :frown:

A.

Craig
4th February 2012, 11:48 AM
Great news Andy. I'm still friends with the guy who sold me our first 2 mini's ;)