PDA

View Full Version : Simplyelectronics.net - AVOID!

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2012, 01:58 AM
I don't like publicly criticising companies on NMS, unless we've received really dreadful service and then I feel almost obliged to look after my NMS buddies. So...

Lenore ordered me an Apple Tv from simplyelectronics.net at the start of December. At the time it was showing as "In Stock". By mid December it hadn't arrived so she spent about 3 hours trying to call them - no calls were ever answered. After 3 emails which went unanswered she told them to ship it or forget the order - all of a sudden it arrived the next day. Christmas day came and went and I couldn't think of a good use for it so we decided to return it. After 15 emails and an extremely convoluted system for obtaining an RMA number, we finally got our refund yesterday.

When you call them on the phone (no calls are EVER answered) they have a system where if you call back, you retain your place in the queue. But when you call back - even if you're told you are 20 mins from being answered, and call back in 10 mins - all of a sudden you are 30 mins away from being answered.

Their web site says they have a dedicated customer services handling centre. All emails are 'autoresponded' saying we will receive a reply in 24 hours. Bull****. More often it is 3 days and for some emails we still don't have an answer.

An example is, we sent them an email saying we wanted to return it so could we have an RMA number please.
3 days later they replied with: "Has it been opened?"
We immediately replied with "No. Now can we have an RMA please"
3 Days later we get an email saying "Has it been used?"
We immediately reply (politely) with "FFS, NO, how could it have been used if it hasn't been opened. Can we have an RMA please?":ragin:
3 Days later a reply "Is it still in original packaging?"
And so it went on and on and on...

We eventually got the RMA number and the item was returned via registered post so we know they had it, and the RMA was clearly show inside and outside the parcel, but they denied having it. After they had it for 2 weeks with no refund We eventually sent an email threatening a small claims court if they didn't refund. Refund came in yesterday.

So, all in all, a really dreadful experience. If you see a bargain at simplyelectronics.net avoid at all costs. It will cost you hours of chasing, high blood pressure and stress you can do without.

Hindsight is a great thing, but the reviews of this company are full of stories almost identical to ours.:frown::frown:

A.:frown:

Craig
4th February 2012, 11:42 AM
Shocking and noted not to use them.. :frown:

MiniSnaps
11th February 2012, 10:46 AM
You should have clicked on the link to their Facebook page from the site and read the posts there first.......:computer::ragin::argh: