PDA

View Full Version : Mini Select

Tam1314
2nd February 2012, 06:46 PM
Hi Folks, After selling my mini a few years ago lm thinking about getting another one. I have been looking at buying it with mini select,have any of you guys used this way to buy your mini and would you recommend it or not.I am probably goin to have about £3000 as a trade in.ThanksTam

Craig
2nd February 2012, 07:56 PM
Tam, we have only ever bought our mini's this way and I wouldn't do it any other way. ;)

It keeps your payts down and normally a small deposit. If I was to give you any advice it would be to only put in a small deposit :thumbs up:

KenL
2nd February 2012, 08:45 PM
...and watch the APR. I got finance on my latest MINI from dealer. APR is 7.8%, this was for HP. This was better than I could get from the bank for any amount I was borrowing.

Also, to keep payments down don't go mad on options. Sticking to a basic car or a basic car with PEPPER or CHILLI pack only will be the best bet.

stoney
2nd February 2012, 09:09 PM
what the other 2 have said i have only ever got my minis thro the select

Gismo
3rd February 2012, 05:49 AM
For what it's worth i've "bought" my Countryman on a lease this time around, not everyone's way to buy a car, but, there are many advantages for me to do it this way.
If anyone always has a car payment and never actually owns a car free of finance this is a great way to get a way more expensive car for less money.
If, like me, you own your current car you have the option to get money back and use a small portion of the value of your car as a deposit to reduce the payments further

Craig
3rd February 2012, 09:13 AM
For what it's worth i've "bought" my Countryman on a lease this time around, not everyone's way to buy a car, but, there are many advantages for me to do it this way.
If anyone always has a car payment and never actually owns a car free of finance this is a great way to get a way more expensive car for less money.
If, like me, you own your current car you have the option to get money back and use a small portion of the value of your car as a deposit to reduce the payments further

That's how my Sportage is done and like you say I couldn't afford it thro normal finance but it's do-able with lease (or contract hire as mine is). ;)

The only slight issue is you. Can't even fart in the car without asking the leasing co... :thud:

Gismo
3rd February 2012, 09:36 AM
The only slight issue is you. Can't even fart in the car without asking the leasing co... :thud:The rules are more relaxed here in the USA, i paid extra for paint and interior protection and also for the wheels and tyre damage, bout $20 extra per month

Tam1314
3rd February 2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks guys, Going to have a wee look this sunday at John Clark in Aberdeen so will let you know how l get on.

Crombers
4th February 2012, 02:57 AM
Paid mine outright in '2007', 50% deposit & 50% bank loan ............................ JEEZE!!!!!! that 'wont' yesterday !

Next car will be bought via 'pennies' (once Karen has her TT!! & the Punto has +100,000 on it's clock :bow:) :thumbs up:

Tam1314
5th February 2012, 06:53 PM
Well guy called Robin wasnt interested in Mini select, told me that 'Glass and Cap' say my car is worth £3,200. I told him l wanted to pay about £200 a month so he told meto look at cars around the £14,000 as that would be what l could afford with my trade-in.So l have a look at a nice 2010 Cooper diesel at £14,999, he then proceeds to tell me that the balance after trade-in would be £13,000.So only getting £2,000 as a trade-in, seemingly the Glass & Cap price is now their sell on price.So l told him to stick it

MiniSnaps
11th February 2012, 10:43 AM
So l have a look at a nice 2010 Cooper diesel at £14,999

How much???

Bejesus, I saw a 2009 09 plate struggle to do £6400 at auction last week. Granted it wasn't the nicest one on the world, but even so...

Update:
and here it is, an ex-driving school car now being sold as MINI Cherished by Douglas Park Glasgow...

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/selectivefocus1/Screenshot2012-02-11at104710.png