PDA

View Full Version : John cooper works coupe

GCA3N
2nd February 2012, 06:12 PM
Well my fjcw hatch goes in tomorrow for its recall. The stealers just called to say we have you a brand new black John cooper works coupe ready for you to take away for your courtesy car

So I'll be taking the camera and getting lots of pics as well as a full road test comparison against my current 2010 fjcw.

Very excited roll on tomorrow.:yes nod:

N16SHP
2nd February 2012, 06:44 PM
Well my fjcw hatch goes in tomorrow for its recall. The stealers just called to say we have you a brand new black John cooper works coupe ready for you to take away for your courtesy car

So I'll be taking the camera and getting lots of pics as well as a full road test comparison against my current 2010 fjcw.

Very excited roll on tomorrow.:yes nod:

SWEEEEEEEEET! Mine is in tomorrow so you can guarentee John Clark will have me cruising in a BMW 1 Series or a Mini First! (Please note there is absolutely nothing wrong with a Mini First, this is purely in comparison to Greig getting a top of the range coupe!)

Coreygraham180
2nd February 2012, 07:07 PM
look forward to seeing the pics of that

Stewart
2nd February 2012, 07:30 PM
It will be nice to see some pictures of this on the road, makes a change from inside the dealers. HF have that precise combo sitting in the corner black roof and it looks very nice.

Enjoy!

GCA3N
2nd February 2012, 07:53 PM
Cheers Stewart I will

Craig
2nd February 2012, 08:00 PM
Jammy barsteward :thud:

Enjoy ! ;)

GCA3N
2nd February 2012, 08:01 PM
Jammy barsteward :thud:

Enjoy ! ;)

Just think if you had a mini you too would be returning it for warranty work too......:p:laugh:

Craig
2nd February 2012, 08:03 PM
Just think if you had a mini you too would be returning it for warranty work too......:p:laugh:

See that thought is just bringing me out in hives !!! :lol:

Neil - TXJ
2nd February 2012, 08:24 PM
Enjoy the car - bet you won't be getting 46mpg!!!

GCA3N
2nd February 2012, 08:42 PM
Enjoy the car - bet you won't be getting 46mpg!!!

Kinda probably won't be trying.

Cheers mate

KenL
2nd February 2012, 08:43 PM
I have been impressed by the look of the Coupe cars that I saw at Peter Vardy when I was buying my new R56 hatch. Looking forward to your review.

GCA3N
2nd February 2012, 08:44 PM
Cheers ken

gauldrymini
2nd February 2012, 10:34 PM
What dealer is hooking you up Greig with the coupe
? Grassicks?

Martin c
2nd February 2012, 10:36 PM
Will be good to see how they compare, mine is still in at PV, dropped of on Wednesday morning for recall and timing chain tensioner, got a 118d coupe courtesy car at the moment.

GCA3N
2nd February 2012, 10:39 PM
What dealer is hooking you up Greig with the coupe
? Grassicks?

Harry fairbairns Irvine.

Will be good to see how they compare, mine is still in at PV, dropped of on Wednesday morning for recall and timing chain tensioner, got a 118d coupe courtesy car at the moment.

I had a 118d for a week, hated it. Sorry.

Martin c
2nd February 2012, 10:43 PM
Yup not impressed so far, crap on fuel for a diesel as well, 50.2 mpg and I've done 300 miles in it.

MINIme:)
2nd February 2012, 11:57 PM
sounds brilliant Greig and all black is my fave of that too. Not at all jealous. Nope.

GCA3N
3rd February 2012, 07:27 AM
sounds brilliant Greig and all black is my fave of that too. Not at all jealous. Nope.

Ta jo.

RobSco
3rd February 2012, 10:17 AM
Enjoy your day Greig... :yes nod: ... Look forward to seeing your photo's and reading your views on it... :thumbs up:

N16SHP
3rd February 2012, 12:57 PM
So Greig, how are you getting on in your JCW Coupe :hand:

Stewart
3rd February 2012, 01:38 PM
It’s a nice day, I’m sure there is a JCW Coupe going back and forth along the seafront just now :thumbs up:

Tell you what who ever gave the Coupe to that “Honest John” to drive across Europe should be ashamed….he basically read a paragraph of Mini guff out and said the Road tax is £30 for the SD oh and the boot is big… Well done that man! Sorry off on a rant there ;)

RobSco
3rd February 2012, 05:15 PM
So Greig, how are you getting on in your JCW Coupe :hand:

He'll be to busy to be on here, he's got a review to write up later, so the car will be in bits... :lol: ...

Apart from that he'll be hoping for a phone call saying -

Sorry Mr Allan but we've been rather busy today, Would it be alright to keep the Coupe for another day... :smilewinkgrin:

I also hope you took Kim somewhere nice... :yes nod:

Craig
3rd February 2012, 10:41 PM
I don't think the review will be very good .... :thud:

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2012, 12:03 AM
I don't think the review will be very good .... :thud:

I'd go as far as to say you should all brace yourselves.

A. :lol:

Stewart
4th February 2012, 01:47 AM
My faith in dealers is diminishing week by week.:frown:

LadyR
5th February 2012, 09:23 PM
So.....?

GCA3N
5th February 2012, 09:37 PM
Long story, my crap dealers gave me a copper s coupe, it squeaked and rattled had horrible run flats on and oh yeh the dealers managed to damage the alloy wheel and in part the tyre. As well as miss the fact the car needed a service and fix the other issue or was in for. Apart from it was great.

The coupe was ok, felt very little difference from the hatch tbh but had a big boot which was handy. It didn't feel special at all if truth be told.

KenL
5th February 2012, 10:30 PM
What a disappointment all round Greig, especially with regard to your car.

On the Coupe, it is kind of pleasing that it is similar in feel to the hatch. I do still like it, but would not pay extra for it over a hatchback MINI.

Stewart
6th February 2012, 10:32 PM
Actually tonight was the first time heading on the M8 towards Glasgow Airport that I’ve actually seen one out with a dealership. With all the Fog the road was crawling so had a good look as we more or less kept pace with each other on the other lane.

I still think that the top of the windscreen, and I’m not the tallest would bug me as it seemed at almost eye level.

ELFMAN
7th February 2012, 09:48 AM
So the lesson there is we should all avoid Hairy Farburns in Irvine then..... :frown: 'Wrong' Courtesy Car, stuff missed, wheel damaged? Top Work! :thumbs up:
Hope you get everything sorted to your satisfaction Greig.

GCA3N
7th February 2012, 10:13 AM
So the lesson there is we should all avoid Hairy Farburns in Irvine then..... :frown: 'Wrong' Courtesy Car, stuff missed, wheel damaged? Top Work! :thumbs up:
Hope you get everything sorted to your satisfaction Greig.

I used to like them Euan but so dissatisfied on the last few visits. Every time I call there is a different manager so they are obviously going through changes. I mean am I asking too much, you get to the point where you think is it me? Am I expecting too much.

The tyre seems to be ok and the mark on the alloy is very minor tbh.

Cheers buddy :thumbs up:

N16SHP
7th February 2012, 10:18 AM
I used to like them Euan but so dissatisfied on the last few visits. Every time I call there is a different manager so they are obviously going through changes. I mean am I asking too much, you get to the point where you think is it me? Am I expecting too much.

The tyre seems to be ok and the mark on the alloy is very minor tbh.

Cheers buddy :thumbs up:

I wouldn't say so Greig, I mean they phoned you to say that the JCW was there for you, and turns out its an S, do they not know their Mini's anymore? And regardless how minor the damage is, they have still damaged your car which is just not good enough. If they held their hands up and said look, we've scratched an alloys and we'll fix it then great, but if they were not going to tell you, then I wouldn't give them anymore of my business or time.

GCA3N
7th February 2012, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't say so Greig, I mean they phoned you to say that the JCW was there for you, and turns out its an S, do they not know their Mini's anymore? And regardless how minor the damage is, they have still damaged your car which is just not good enough. If they held their hands up and said look, we've scratched an alloys and we'll fix it then great, but if they were not going to tell you, then I wouldn't give them anymore of my business or time.

Indeed Neil, I won't be back. I have spent £46,000 there and got my mum to buy her car there so that's £64,000 in total and you get service like this. I guess the best way is to speak with my feet.

gauldrymini
7th February 2012, 10:49 AM
Indeed Neil, I won't be back. I have spent £46,000 there and got my mum to buy her car there so that's £64,000 in total and you get service like this. I guess the best way is to speak with my feet.

It is true, vote with your feet Greig. Garages can get too complacent, too familair with the customer etc...

Andrew

AeroJonny
19th February 2012, 07:53 PM
At the end of the day, Fairbairn's = Arnold Clark. My mum uses them, but only because DP is even worse.

ELFMAN
21st February 2012, 03:31 PM
I have to say I've always had excellent service from Douglas Park MINI in Hamilton...

stoney
21st February 2012, 04:54 PM
now you see i can not stand DP !!

ELFMAN
22nd February 2012, 09:43 AM
now you see i can not stand DP !!

They're only allowed to be good to ONE Larkhall Petrolhead - it's in the small print... :smilewinkgrin:

stoney
22nd February 2012, 03:21 PM
They're only allowed to be good to ONE Larkhall Petrolhead - it's in the small print... :smilewinkgrin:

:lol: think your right they don't like me as have no got a car from them give them the chance but could not match the deal :(