PDA

View Full Version : Whats this logo ?

Coreygraham180
29th January 2012, 08:11 PM
was randomly looking through the website not really paying much attension and i came across this logo and wondered if it was ever used cause i though it looked really smart :confused:

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/coreygraham180/minilogo.jpg

MINIme:)
29th January 2012, 08:19 PM
I really like it too.

Coreygraham180
29th January 2012, 08:22 PM
yeah i think it is pretty awesome and would look good as a rear window sticker too ;)

Craig
29th January 2012, 08:23 PM
It was one of the logos designed a few years ago when Alan wanted a new logo for the site. It wasn't used, as you may be able to tell by the current logo ;)

Coreygraham180
29th January 2012, 08:32 PM
tbh i cant really see the site logo i have only seen a small one in someones avatar (i think gismo mans) so didnt really know....lol

can you tell i a still a newbie ...lol

Craig
29th January 2012, 08:35 PM
tbh i cant really see the site logo i have only seen a small one in someones avatar (i think gismo mans) so didnt really know....lol

can you tell i a still a newbie ...lol

Have a look at the main web page ;)

Coreygraham180
29th January 2012, 08:43 PM
ahh right i see just because it is the forum that is saved in my favorites it takes me stright here and it only has the v bulletin at the top but i see it now :D

Gismo
29th January 2012, 10:23 PM
ahh right i see just because it is the forum that is saved in my favorites it takes me stright here and it only has the v bulletin at the top but i see it now :Dgo to the bottom left of any page and click the down arrow, change the vbulletin default to Old School NMS aand youll see the site correctly

29th January 2012, 10:37 PM
it's 'test' that shows it right.

Coreygraham180
29th January 2012, 11:08 PM
yeeeeesss thats better and i see the logo on every page now superb looks really good

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2012, 11:40 PM
go to the bottom left of any page and click the down arrow, change the vbulletin default to Old School NMS aand youll see the site correctly

it's 'test' that shows it right.

Alan I keep meaning to tell you about this.

When Neil and I are in the cinema together, I sometimes log out so he can log in and post something. I noticed the other day he was just using default vBulletin rubbish, so I asked him why and he said he didn't get the option to choose "Old School NMS". He only gets the "default" and "test" options.

It's fair to say that "test" shows the site fine, but I guess it's not particularly clear that is what should be selected.

Edit: For clarity, I get the "old school NMS" option. Different views for Admins?

A.

29th January 2012, 11:41 PM
old skool shows the blue and white v bulletin for me. test shows the black

Craig
29th January 2012, 11:41 PM
Mines shows as Test... ;)

29th January 2012, 11:42 PM
weird now old school shows the black but this morning it didn't.

RobSco
29th January 2012, 11:50 PM
weird now old school shows the black but this morning it didn't.

If you've just changed it to Test, You will probably have to change it back to old school NMS, then sign out and sign back in again to revert to the blue and white V Bulletin... :thumbs up: ... Worth a try ... :yes nod:

Gismo
30th January 2012, 12:56 AM
Hmm, ok, am traveling at the moment, will fix it when I get to Dubai

AndyP & Lenore
30th January 2012, 12:58 AM
Moved this thread to Site Feedback forum as it seems more appropriate.

A.

Gismo
30th January 2012, 01:45 AM
Ok, managed a quick fix while waiting in Atlanta, but, admins can still see all styles in the drop down box, but, normal users will only see the default vBulletin and Old School NMS.
While testing it i also noticed that by selecting Old School it remained in the default vBulletin style, but, selecting the default and then selecting Old School again made the change.

So, i can only assume that it requires some sort of refresh in order to change the colour scheme.

Please post up any other problems with layout if it's different, i had to delete the original old school to install another one

Stewart
30th January 2012, 04:55 PM
Just had to go back and select it back to the good old Black version just now. Always think its a shame if new users come on and its the naff white version. Can you not lock it down to only the Black?

Working fine anyway.

stoney
30th January 2012, 06:12 PM
i just loged on and it was showing the white so had to refesh and back to old school :)

Gismo
30th January 2012, 06:24 PM
Can you not lock it down to only the Black?Yes, it can be sorted so that only the Black version would show, but, not everyone would want it, hence the choice is available

AndyP & Lenore
30th January 2012, 11:45 PM
Yes, it can be sorted so that only the Black version would show, but, not everyone would want it, hence the choice is available

Just my opinion, but I'm not sure I would give folks the option Alan. NMS Scheme is NMS. Take it or get tae F...... :idunno:

A.:D

Coreygraham180
30th January 2012, 11:57 PM
Just my opinion, but I'm not sure I would give folks the option Alan. NMS Scheme is NMS. Take it or get tae F...... :idunno:

A.:D

totally agree they need to like it or take a hike

have to say tho it really does make i diffrence to the site tho cause i had only seen the v bulletin and this is so much cooler :cool:

Gismo
9th February 2012, 06:58 AM
Ok, have set the site to NMS Old School only, couldn't understand why the vBulletin was the default despite me changing all the settings.
Anyway, comments welcome

RobSco
9th February 2012, 09:12 AM
Ok, have set the site to NMS Old School only, couldn't understand why the vBulletin was the default despite me changing all the settings.
Anyway, comments welcome

So what colour should the page be now, I'm showing white... I even have to verify the certificate for the site when signing into the Forum... :yes nod:

Gismo
9th February 2012, 09:26 AM
So what colour should the page be now, I'm showing white... I even have to verify the certificate for the site when signing into the Forum... :yes nod:Should be the black version? hmm, this is annoying now, i can't understand why it shows the default vBulletin white one when it's not even an option.
Can you confirm that you don't have any other option to select a scheme in the drop down box

N16SHP
9th February 2012, 11:15 AM
Alan, I get the choice of what version I want by mine always defaults to the standard white/blue vBulletin colours.

Gismo
9th February 2012, 11:20 AM
Alan, I get the choice of what version I want by mine always defaults to the standard white/blue vBulletin colours.I've reverted it back again, you should have 2 options, default and Old School NMS, will dig a bit deeper into this

N16SHP
9th February 2012, 11:21 AM
I've reverted it back again, you should have 2 options, default and Old School NMS, will dig a bit deeper into this

:thumbs up:

Gismo
10th February 2012, 12:15 PM
Ok, should be fixed and....................assuming it is i'm not even gonna say what the problem was :blush:

RobSco
10th February 2012, 09:04 PM
Ok, should be fixed and....................assuming it is i'm not even gonna say what the problem was :blush:

Hi Alan

So what colour should I be looking at now... Black or White... As when I sign in it's Black which I like but there's no Smilies, so have changed to the default setting, Just thought it was being changed to Old School for all with no options available, So I'm now getting slightly confused... :confused:

Gismo
11th February 2012, 04:32 AM
Hi Alan

So what colour should I be looking at now... Black or White... As when I sign in it's Black which I like but there's no Smilies, so have changed to the default setting, Just thought it was being changed to Old School for all with no options available, So I'm now getting slightly confused... :confused:The default is now black with the option to choose the default vBulletin white one, but, during the settings process and typical for vBulletin, when you make a small change it upsets the rest of the style, so, another tweak done and now it should be perfect now with smilies etc

RobSco
11th February 2012, 10:04 AM
The default is now black with the option to choose the default vBulletin white one, but, during the settings process and typical for vBulletin, when you make a small change it upsets the rest of the style, so, another tweak done and now it should be perfect now with smilies etc

Thanks for that Alan... :thumbs up: ...Smilies are back... :yes nod: ...Thought I was doing something wrong...