PDA

View Full Version : Incompetence....

zimbo
28th January 2012, 11:26 AM
After reading Neils story about the visit to the dentist, got me thinking about how incompetent some medically qualified people are these days, ...because last week my sister inlaw recommended a private physiotherapist for my mum to go and see because in january last year my mum fell/tripped over in the kitchen and knocked her head on the stove etc etc so I took her to A&E and she got her head scanned etc and everything was ok and the start of the next week she went into our family doctors surgery to obviously let them know what had happened and also to let them know she was having pain in her right shoulder/arm.

So they apparently didn't even check her over and just said that it was a frozen shoulder and made an appointment for her to there recommended physio so after about 3 months I think it was she FINALLY got to see this physio who gave her some excercises to do!!! So she has been doing these but still suffering from lots of pain etc and not getting anywhere with this or the doctors.

So the private physio who saw mum, upon seeing her and checking her over said, you are in all this pain because.... (wait for it!!!! )....you have a dislocated shoulder!!!! and duelly put it back in place and told her that it is going to be painful for a while now becasue the muscles etc havn't worked for a year now etc while they get used to being used again etc...

When my mum told me this I was livid :ragin: I mean I cannot believe that the doctors in our surgery could not have diagnosed this a year ago! so basically my mum has been suffering for a whole YEAR with a dislocated shoulder :thud: I am still furious about this and am wondering if there is anything I can do to complain or get some sort of compensation for my mum for this neglegance and incompetence from these so called doctors.

Sorry rant over :rolleyes:

Craig
28th January 2012, 01:50 PM
:frown: :frown: :frown:

Gismo
28th January 2012, 03:55 PM
Sorry to hear that Ali.
I've had 6 operations on my right knee and after one MRI the machine couldn't get a picture thanks to a piece of metal being left in there

Neil and Lorna
28th January 2012, 04:19 PM
Ali, I would definitely complain, not sure if you'd get any compensation or not, but they would have to try and explain themselves.
Which might make them not make the same mistake again.

I'm not going to take my tooth ordeal any further, but I would of if I had been plagued with problems over the last 14 years, and it was identified that the piece of metal was to blame.

Neil.

RobSco
28th January 2012, 04:24 PM
Rather hard to believe :thud: that they missed this, especially when she was in so much pain and had highlighted this to them... :frown: :frown: :frown:

Hope she's on the mend... :yes nod: ...Something is certainly needed to be said regarding this and think that compensation shouldn't be an issue... :thumbs up:

MINIme:)
28th January 2012, 04:56 PM
your poor mum :sad: I really hope she can move forward now with useful exercises that will help her regain her strength and movement.