PDA

View Full Version : Auction House

Craig
27th January 2012, 04:09 PM
Guys, looking for a recommendation for an auction house of a valuer. I have a couple of antique pocket watches (one being a John Forrest) and wondered if anybody knew of a valuer or auction house who could give me a price and or sell these for me. :thumbs up:

Edin or glas would be best.

Ta

C:cool:

RobSco
27th January 2012, 06:59 PM
There's an Auction House in Bo'ness Craig and has been there a number of years but don't know much about them, don't know if they could help you but have attached their website so you can have a look.

Might save you the hassle of traveling to Edinburgh or Glasgow... :yes nod: ... Hope this helps you out... :thumbs up:

www.djmanning.co.uk/content/Valuing_and_Selling

Craig
27th January 2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks Robert. Yeah have used Mannings before for old I.T. stock from our work, but they are mostly furniture/office equipment. I'll give them a phone. :thumbs up:

Stewart
27th January 2012, 07:34 PM
Martins of Glasgow that deals in repair and restoration of classic watches could give you a rough value, don't know if they buy and sell.

http://www.martinsjewellers.co.uk/

They done My Tag Heuer watch battery and pressure tested it and they got a good right up from what I remember reading before I went in.

Craig
27th January 2012, 07:38 PM
Martins of Glasgow that deals in repair and restoration of classic watches could give you a rough value, don't know if they buy and sell.

http://www.martinsjewellers.co.uk/

They done My Tag Heuer watch battery and pressure tested it and they got a good right up from what I remember reading before I went in.

Thanks Stewart ;)

EcosseGP
28th January 2012, 11:15 AM
Is there not also one in Bankside, Falkirk Craig or is that just a sales house ?

Craig
28th January 2012, 01:48 PM
Is there not also one in Bankside, Falkirk Craig or is that just a sales house ?

It's alleged he was a fraudster and has moved on. A wee google search turned that up plus a chat with licensing at Falkirk ;)

Scottie
28th January 2012, 02:28 PM
Macateers in Glasgow Allan uses them always been good

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk

MINIme:)
28th January 2012, 04:59 PM
Argyll Arcade off Buchanan St is all jewellers I think, maybe get a better valuation and advice from a jeweller than an auctioneer? I don't know, be interesting to know where you go in the end.

Craig
28th January 2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the info folks. Got a couple of days off in feb so gonna go to a few places ;)

MiniSnaps
11th February 2012, 10:57 AM
Macateers in Glasgow Allan uses them always been good

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk

Hmmm...I went to view a Rolex there a couple of weeks back (it's McTears, not Macateers btw), it was a Tenerife fake, a really, really poor one. I pointed this out to them, they agreed, but sold it as genuine anyway the next day for £700.....