PDA

View Full Version : Under car neons

sleepyrascal
5th August 2004, 10:10 AM
Whats the general opinion of under car neon strips?

[Moved to correct forum]

Julz
5th August 2004, 04:00 PM
(sorry Fontal, as I know you've just fitted them!!) Round here they are generally associated with wee neddy boy racers who nicked the fluorescent tube from their mums kitchen!!:eek::evil: Personally I'm no fan at all!!:clown:

The Dogfather
5th August 2004, 04:11 PM
They say look at me I drive a Nova/Corsa with a 1 litre engine!

john
5th August 2004, 04:25 PM
:D:Denter Fontal:D:D:D:blackeye:

KenL
5th August 2004, 05:02 PM
Nasty :eek:

Scottie
5th August 2004, 05:16 PM
How about the neon's you can fit in the footwell on your car. Driver's fitted them to one of my 4x4's and I thought they were cool.

Gismo
5th August 2004, 05:35 PM
Sorry Richard, another one here not too keen on them, but, having been at a couple of cruises and getting caught up in the atmosphere some cars do look pretty good.

Fontal
5th August 2004, 05:40 PM
But but but..... I don't have NEONS I have LED's :pmultiple colours and effects Constant, strobing, with music, chasing.
Again I fitted them to be different as I am the only one up here with them:D

The Dogfather
5th August 2004, 05:46 PM
I'm going to set myself up for a kicking!

Personally I think that you can go too far when moding a car. The neds with their wide-bodied Corsas and Saxos just look silly, I believe Top Gear has a feature on it's website called Carbage. See example below.Top Gear Carbage Link (http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/carbage/0/)

http://www.topgear.com/content/fun_stuff/carbage/carbages/61/04/image_01.gif

Mini's are a bit different because the car was pretty much designed to be personalised however sometimes the mods can take over the personnality of a car. Now I'll agree that so of the Zeemax cars have a 'what the Fu$k' jaw dropping effect but I prefer the more subtle modin like the BBR conversions, maxine's and John's motors. They don't shout look at me but if you know your cars you can see the effort (and money) thats gone into them.

I guess it comes down to personal taste or in the case of under car neons the lack of it. (Sorry Frontal if you've got em)

Scottie
5th August 2004, 06:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini
Now I'll agree that so of the Zeemax cars have a 'what the Fu$k' jaw dropping effect but I prefer the more subtle modin like the BBR conversions, maxine's and John's motors. They don't shout look at me but if you know your cars you can see the effort (and money) thats gone into them.

Go on them hurt my feeling's.

Please introduce yourself to me should we ever be on any of the same runs.

Julz
5th August 2004, 06:28 PM
Hmmmm, that makes two of us Fiona!!:evil::clown:

The Dogfather
5th August 2004, 06:58 PM
Just personal preference that's all. No offence meant, unless of course you have a Nova!!!!

Scottie
5th August 2004, 07:26 PM
Sorry to late it was to personal.

john
5th August 2004, 07:59 PM
Bonnie has neons in the boot:blackeye:oops!! sorry Alan:D

sleepyrascal
5th August 2004, 08:17 PM
Well i thought about doing a blue LED install just behind the centre console inside the car. I think I would look pretty good without shouting LOOK AT ME!

MartinSullivan
5th August 2004, 08:26 PM
Some people on Mini2 have changed the orange instrument leds out for blue ones

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24427

Looks pretty good in some of the pics. Have done similar things to mobile phones in the past, very fiddly - lot more expensive if u screw it up in your car I guess

Steve74
5th August 2004, 09:00 PM
If that's your cup of tea then cool.

Duncan Stewart
5th August 2004, 09:00 PM
ooooooo! :eek: are we in the express your opinion zone :p - you know what happens here - fight, fight, fight ;):D
Neons not my sort of thing and I think the are illegal on a road car anyway. Don't even start me on body kits :clown:
by the way I'm the guy with that tacky, nasty playing card roof ;) - but hey - I like it :approve:

Fontal
5th August 2004, 09:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

I think the are illegal on a road car anyway.

Only if they are switched on whilst driving but they are not illegal to have them fitted.

The Dogfather
5th August 2004, 09:46 PM
<I'll get me coat>

duncan
5th August 2004, 09:51 PM
Not for me ta, but then, i've always prefered the subtlty of the Q-car, like the Lotus Carlton, or an Alpina BMW

Burple
5th August 2004, 10:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

Not for me ta, but then, i've always prefered the subtlty of the Q-car, like the Lotus Carlton, or an Alpina BMW

Mmmmm... I prefer Playmini's Mk1 (Mini obviously) rebuild that looks like a standard Mk1... with the screamin' 1380 16v twin cam... and their alloy 6-pot brakes front and rear...
..Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Neons.... hmmm... nah.... bit too 'pure-mad-mental-Nova-man' for me...

Each to their own tho.. :D