PDA

View Full Version : MINI and Prodrive Tour BANTER Thread.

GCA3N
11th January 2012, 08:36 PM
EDIT By ANDY P: - I've created this Banter Thread for the discussions of all car sharing, confectionery eating, non run critical discussions. This will allow Greig, Joanna, Stewart et al, to discuss whatever they wish to discuss regarding the impending MINI Extravaganza, without cluttering up the original thread.

IMPORTANT:- This thread may not be monitored by the Run Organiser, so ensure if you have any important questions regarding the RUN, or the hotel accommodation, please post them here: Official Run Thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?23045-MINI-Plant-and-Prodrive-Tour-Thursday-10th-amp-Friday-11th-May-2012)

To keep the existing off-topic posts in chronological order, I picked the best place I thought to start and moved those posts from the RUN thread to THIS thread. This means the first Post in this thread may not make a whole lot of sense.
================================================== =

I'll be doing this on my tod jo so if your wanting to co-pilot me your welcome.

MINIme:)
11th January 2012, 10:26 PM

ooh! that might be an idea :yes nod: I've no qualms about this drive at all, but it's a long one on yer tod and daft to have 2 tanks of petrol and noone to talk to. Plus I'd get a sit in a JCW.

...you do realise that unless you drug me you'll be subjected to HOURS of my chat :smilewinkgrin: :idea: :clap::excited: :dizzy::yawn::whiteflag::shut up::argh:

If I'm really REALLY nice can I have a shottie?!! :excited: :angel: (in an empty car park if you like) :lol:

GCA3N
11th January 2012, 10:30 PM
A shot!!! After the looks you gave me when u asked for your keys :rolleyes::D

sent from my galaxy S ll

GCA3N
11th January 2012, 10:33 PM
Cool then the co-pilot seat is yours. You know i can talk too so both our ears will be bleeding.:D

sent from my galaxy S ll

11th January 2012, 10:42 PM
A shot!!! After the looks you gave me when I asked for your keys :rolleyes::D

...and then you changed all the interior mood lighting. :hand: :frown: tsk.

but it's a fair point I do remember having a wee hesitation hahahaha!!! :lol:

PS yes please staple my name to the seat. Do you know your rotations that far ahead? I'm pretty sure I can work round this, would just miss my favourite evening class, nothing else in the diary yet so I'm fairly confident I can be a yes.

Craig
14th January 2012, 12:04 AM
You all have forgot about one of the best bits !! The stop at Huntleys of Salmesbury ;)

AndyP & Lenore
14th January 2012, 12:18 AM
You all have forgot about one of the best bits !! The stop at Huntleys of Salmesbury ;)

Don't worry dude. All in the plans. :thumbs up:

A.

14th January 2012, 12:27 AM
ooooh! a quick google search and I am getting more excited all the time! got to love a good farm shop :yes nod:
:excited:

Stewart
14th January 2012, 01:18 AM
See after reading that I had to look........oooooh the Ice cream looks interesting :smilewinkgrin:

Soo we plan a wee food stop here then, just looking at the lunch Menu…..Mmmmmmmmmm

Best to wait then till the Mini visit is nailed down. Andy that was the same place I locked on to only nine miles away and I take it the Mini Factory has parking...but as I've seen on the overnight stays you cant beat a nice place to chill out at night and the lodge wont have that.

MINI William
15th January 2012, 05:18 PM
You're just saying that 'cos I make you look handsome and clever :hand:
:smilewinkgrin: You can read me like a book.

Ps Euan you have PM

ELFMAN
16th January 2012, 03:27 PM
:smilewinkgrin: You can read me like a book. Ps Euan you have PM

Yes, young 'un - a LADYBIRD BOOK! :babypram: :book: Of course, you'll not be old enough to remember Ladybird Books... :frown: :argh:

PM answered :thumbs up:

Stewart
17th January 2012, 04:03 PM
Northern are doing a Factory Tour I think the plan is for April, so the tours are obviously going ahead. I was reading a few posts about there last visit and everyone enjoyed it. Did not want to say Yeah NMS are doing it as well in May with a Prodrive visit just in case they thought it was a good idea as well and Pro drive had a limited window when the Mini’s were in….:hand:

Joanna getting Greig and Euan to kindly let us ride shotgun to Oxford is one thing, but a Euro blast might be pushing it.:smilewinkgrin: It would be amazingly good fun…. Stelvio Pass anyone….maybe for another year. Anyway I’d be kicking myself if I was passenger on that road…:thumbs up:

http://deadlyshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Stelvio-Pass-Italy.jpg

ELFMAN
17th January 2012, 04:34 PM
Corey - just get yourself on the APPLECROSS road on a good Summer's day...

Stewart - You're SO right, it would be pushing it.
That Euro Tour seat's reserved for a diminutive Australian Songstress (or look-a-like... or a girl who looks nothing like her... who's not that fussy)

Sorry :off topic:

weefossy
17th January 2012, 06:39 PM
Can't wait to get to the Stelvio......roll on May.

17th January 2012, 11:16 PM
do you think that if I'm very clever and convince Greig to let me navigate (I work with maps you know)...that I might be able to sneak him onto a ferry without him realising and turn up at mini united? I reckon I could probably do that, :yes nod: he'll never notice!

Bazthemod
17th January 2012, 11:30 PM
do you think that if I'm very clever and convince Greig to let me navigate (I work with maps you know)...that I might be able to sneak him onto a ferry without him realising and turn up at mini united? I reckon I could probably do that, :yes nod: he'll never notice!

That def sounds like a plan, get on Le' Shuttle with us... it's not THAT much further... haha

18th January 2012, 12:10 AM
I'll work on a secret master plan. DON'T ANYONE TELL HIM! :Whistle:

GCA3N
18th January 2012, 07:06 AM
Whats happening, where, who........:crazypilot::crazypilot::crazypilot:

NAVIGATOR btw.....well as long as you sound better than sat nav girl :lol: You can start practicing

"in 300 yards take the next junction on the left":thumbs up::)

Forbes
18th January 2012, 08:39 AM
http://thmg.photobucket.com/albums/v280/exacerbating/gif%20love/th_excited.gif

GCA3N
18th January 2012, 10:01 AM
EPIC!!!! gif ben as ever :lol:

18th January 2012, 10:38 AM
I love it, totally epic gif!! :lol:

ELFMAN
18th January 2012, 11:57 AM
I'm going out to buy some Rusks and get off my face!!!!! :excited:

Forbes
18th January 2012, 07:54 PM
Just FYI Andy the Thursday 10th is my birthday so if prodrive want to give me a wee go in a rally car I would accept

http://gifs.gifbin.com/16099g6561.gif

Bazthemod
18th January 2012, 08:09 PM
Just FYI Andy the Thursday 10th is my birthday so if prodrive want to give me a wee go in a rally car I would accept

What a shameless plug...

GCA3N
18th January 2012, 08:21 PM

What a shameless plug...

Agreed baz......BTW mines is the following week, I'd also be available :lol:

Stewart
18th January 2012, 11:14 PM
I'm the 14th so can we all have a go then?:thumbs up:

GCA3N
19th January 2012, 08:00 PM
Note to Greig: I don't think Joanna's actually giving you permission to administer pharmaceutical materials on the way to Oxford. :hand: That's apparently illegal.
Can I make it clear that Stewart will only be getting a few Werther's Originals, which have litle or no Narcotic Content.

I actually burst out laughing reading this, I think I still have a stash of Rohypnol hidden for special occasions.

19th January 2012, 10:49 PM
Special occasions! Flattered ;)

Poor Stewart :frown: that sounds like inadequate snacks. Greig is going to get fed whatever snacks he likes and I'm allowed to take into his car :yes nod: the benefits of being chauffeur to a girl who enjoys her food - a lot :smilewinkgrin:

weefossy
19th January 2012, 11:12 PM
Baz are you getting the shuttle to Calais and then driving down to the South of France or are you keeping the car on the train until nearer your destination?

GCA3N
20th January 2012, 07:01 AM
Special occasions! Flattered ;)

Poor Stewart :frown: that sounds like inadequate snacks. Greig is going to get fed whatever snacks he likes and I'm allowed to take into his car :yes nod: the benefits of being chauffeur to a girl who enjoys her food - a lot :smilewinkgrin:

OK FOOD IN MY CAR er NO!!

Banned food types
anything smelly
anything flakey
anything thats crumbly
anything that if dropped stains.
anything I don't like.

Banned foods.
crisps, chocolate, chips, sandwiches, biscuits, wafers....tbc

allowed foods.

Boiled sweets........

Ok feel free to to decide if the "snacks" fall into the above categories.

Feel free to wear a pelican style bib if partaking in any food consumption not listed above :D

Forbes
20th January 2012, 07:41 AM
Just to Calais

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/aeonnz/animated/TNGracing.gif

20th January 2012, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE=GCA3N;286559]OK FOOD IN MY CAR er NO!!

:sad:

to be fair I have the same rules in my car. Minus the chocolate and carefully consumed hula hoops.

I'll just sit quietly then.

GCA3N
20th January 2012, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=GCA3N;286559]OK FOOD IN MY CAR er NO!!

:sad:

to be fair I have the same rules in my car. Minus the chocolate and carefully consumed hula hoops.

I'll just sit quietly then.

I am sure we can sort something out. As you say these used to be the rules, a tad more relaxed about it now :D

Stewart
20th January 2012, 03:38 PM
£10 says you never stop gabbing till Oxford.:smilewinkgrin:

zimbo
20th January 2012, 05:29 PM
I think it looks like Greig is possibly going to put Joanna in the boot with a huge bin bag to catch any crumbs or spillages made during the journey :yes nod:
:p

GCA3N
20th January 2012, 07:53 PM
oh my good lord Stewart, kebabs and peperami are well out of order. I did lol at a dish of olive oil Ali ;) I could balance that on my knee!

I am very good actually :angel:, Greig does not need to worry I will be a perfect passenger :yes nod:
even my chocolate of choice for the car is usually something very sensible like minstrels and m&ms that require no breaking! I will sit quietly, touch NOTHING, and if drugged (if needs must, go for it) might even not say anything. AND I will pay half the petrol.

Perfect passenger I tell you, perfect :angel:

I am sure you'll be nothing but the perfect driving buddy Jo. I do also require a crisp packet opener and holderer as well as drinks dispenser too :D

20th January 2012, 07:58 PM
No ones going to take that bet.... :D

:wtf: Cheek!!

Absolutely brilliant ......and not altogether a bad idea:hand::laugh:

:wtf:

:wtf:

I do also require a crisp packet opener and holderer as well as drinks dispenser too :D

:frown: aye, I'm up for a bit of 'holding stuff'. I may have found my vocation at last. Any other services you require?

ELFMAN
20th January 2012, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=MINIme:) I'm up for a bit of 'holding stuff'. I may have found my vocation at last. Any other services you require?[/QUOTE]

Note to self: DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT under ANY circumstances, post the comment you just thought about..... :hand: :hand: :hand:

By the way Joanna, I don't think Rohypnol should in any way be associated with flattery, and as for the bag in the boot scenario... it's beginning to sound more like a deranged kidnapping than an NMS Road Trip! :smilewinkgrin:

Sorry :off topic: Guilty as usual...:frown:

GCA3N
20th January 2012, 08:25 PM
:laugh:
Note to self: DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT under ANY circumstances, post the comment you just thought about..... :hand: :hand: :hand:

By the way Joanna, I don't think Rohypnol should in any way be associated with flattery, and as for the bag in the boot scenario... it's beginning to sound more like a deranged kidnapping than an NMS Road Trip! :smilewinkgrin:

Sorry :off topic: Guilty as usual...:frown:

:blink::laugh::thud:

20th January 2012, 09:41 PM
I can't think of anything to say.

:blink:

ELFMAN
20th January 2012, 10:12 PM

:smilewinkgrin: :bigwave:

GCA3N
21st January 2012, 07:05 AM

really.............:thud:..............:p:smilewin kgrin::arms:

23rd January 2012, 07:31 PM
EDIT By ANDY P: - I've created this Banter Thread for the discussions of all car sharing, confectionery eating, non run critical discussions. This will allow Greig, Joanna, Stewart et al, to discuss whatever they wish to discuss regarding the impending MINI Extravaganza, without cluttering up the original thread.

IMPORTANT:- This thread may not be monitored by the Run Organiser, so ensure if you have any important questions regarding the RUN, or the hotel accommodation, please post them here: Official Run Thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?23045-MINI-Plant-and-Prodrive-Tour-Thursday-10th-amp-Friday-11th-May-2012)

To keep the existing off-topic posts in chronological order, I picked the best place I thought to start and moved those posts from the RUN thread to THIS thread. This means the first Post in this thread may not make a whole lot of sense.
================================================== =

Good plan!!! :clap: I was feeling VERY guilty and expecting to get into trouble :blush: :smilewinkgrin:

I hope this won't encourage further planning of my kidnap / locking up / demise though...

AndyP & Lenore
23rd January 2012, 07:34 PM
Good plan!!! :clap: I was feeling VERY guilty and expecting to get into trouble :blush: :smilewinkgrin:

I hope this won't encourage further planning of my kidnap / locking up / demise though...

:lol:

That's why it's been created Joanna. I WANT you guys to be able to discuss the light-hearted aspects of the run because it REALLY IS so much fun, but the main thread was getting ridiculous, and I either had to call you, Stewart and Greig into the headmasters office for a dressing down, or create this room for you to vent. Room created.:thumbs up:

A.:D

23rd January 2012, 07:36 PM
eh don't forget Elfman, he is a right troublemaker.

AndyP & Lenore
23rd January 2012, 07:44 PM

"ring" and "leader" come to mind. :lol:

And, for the love of god, don't mention Werther's originals! :thud:

A.:lol:

24th January 2012, 11:07 PM
so taxi man, have you come up with any worthwhile foods I'm allowed to eat in your wee red rocket yet? :popcorn:

...and just wanted to check...you did say you wanted me to put S Club 7 on the playlist, didn't you? :bigwave:

Neil - TXJ
24th January 2012, 11:18 PM
so taxi man, have you come up with any worthwhile foods I'm allowed to eat in your wee red rocket yet? :popcorn:

...and just wanted to check...you did say you wanted me to put S Club 7 on the playlist, didn't you? :bigwave:

Could I suggest Pringles, popcorn and Cadbury flake would make a great picnic for the journey down.

I think Greig is more of a Steps man, he has probably got tickets for their new tour.

24th January 2012, 11:29 PM
Could I suggest Pringles, popcorn and Cadbury flake would make a great picnic for the journey down.

I think Greig is more of a Steps man, he has probably got tickets for their new tour.

Excellent suggestions Trigger. Always salted :popcorn: over sweet as well. I have a popcorn maker!!! I could make loads of the stuff :) It's even a healthy hot air one that doesn't use oil, I think that will please him. My favourite is when I make it with butter, salt, pepper and chilli powder. It's really nice actually!!

Good thinking on Steps. Excellent. I will have to source both of these as my taste is....how do I put it....slightly different (better). But driver has to get some say in it as a thank you. And I should be ok as there is plenty of time for a few itunes purchases if necessary. Special treament for taxi man :yes nod: he can't say I'm not good to him.

Stewart
24th January 2012, 11:52 PM
Jo I’m sure it was the Vengaboys he had on while I was in his car the other week, just don’t mention the Backstreet Boys he’s never gotten over them splitting up. :smilewinkgrin:

There and you thought we were listening to the Works Bangs and pop's and the exhaust note!:thumbs up:

I can see Andy had the right idea after all….its months away. ;)

GCA3N
25th January 2012, 06:56 AM

Taxi man......TAXI MAN! I'll bloody taxi man yeh.......:smilewinkgrin:

Bring anything you like as long as the food goes directly from packet to mouth I'm easy. As far as music goes the sky's the limit, S club 7, venga boys, basehunter are all acceptable "artists" but happy to pick more established acts like one direction and olly murs.

I did see them once, they were excellent and could only see them lip synching a handful of times, very good. Tradegy is my fav track.

Excellent suggestions Trigger. Always salted :popcorn: over sweet as well. I have a popcorn maker!!! I could make loads of the stuff :) It's even a healthy hot air one that doesn't use oil, I think that will please him. My favourite is when I make it with butter, salt, pepper and chilli powder. It's really nice actually!!

Good thinking on Steps. Excellent. I will have to source both of these as my taste is....how do I put it....slightly different (better). But driver has to get some say in it as a thank you. And I should be ok as there is plenty of time for a few itunes purchases if necessary. Special treament for taxi man :yes nod: he can't say I'm not good to him.

:p;)

Jo I’m sure it was the Vengaboys he had on while I was in his car the other week, just don’t mention the Backstreet Boys he’s never gotten over them splitting up. :smilewinkgrin:

Thats crap from you stewart you know how much that cut me up........:sad:

ELFMAN
25th January 2012, 09:44 AM
Yes, I am a VERY NAUGHTY BOY and there's no way I'm missing out on a Spanking... :moonie: :blush: :excited:Do we get to dress up to go to the :idea: 'Headmaster's Office' like the last time? :smilewinkgrin:

25th January 2012, 10:11 AM
Taxi man......TAXI MAN! I'll bloody taxi man yeh.......:smilewinkgrin:

:blink: should I be pleased or worried?

I did see them once, they were excellent and could only see them lip synching a handful of times, very good. Tradegy is my fav track.

(held up to the window on a note) HELP ME

Thats crap from you stewart you know how much that cut me up........:sad:

:sad: poor you

GCA3N
25th January 2012, 01:58 PM
:blink: should I be pleased or worried?

(held up to the window on a note) HELP ME

:sad: poor you

:arms:

ELFMAN
27th January 2012, 03:02 PM
Aye, create a "Special Banter Thread" and the special banter dries up... :frown: it's less fun when it's 'sanctioned' :smilewinkgrin:

Stewart
27th January 2012, 03:50 PM
I’m sure it will return when the trip is closer. Read a few Reviews and the Mini plant gets a good right up also found this....
http://www.mini-production-triangle.com/static/en/

Since the first MINI drove off the line in April 2001 MINI production has developed into a success story in the automotive industry. Initial production forecasts of 100,000 units per annum have been surpassed with over 200,000 units produced since 2005. Today a total number of 4,700 associates work at the Oxford plant, which is responsible for body shell production, paint and final assembly of MINI.

If you are interested in a guided tour around the body shop and assembly please note the following guidelines. They apply to all tours:

maximum number per tour group is 25
individuals and small groups may be merged into one visitor group
minimum age is 14, any underage (14-18 years) must be accompanied by an adult
people with heart pacemakers will not be able to join the tour
visitors are not able to buy food and drinks at the plant
photography is strictly not permitted on plant
visitors can take pictures at our exhibition and events venue T-BUILDING
mobile phones, handbags and cameras cannot be taken on the tour
visitors must wear comfortable shoes. No open-toe shoes or high heels are permitted
no third party bookings, tickets must not be sold on
we finalise our tours schedule max. three months ahead

I forgot to say is there a place in a nice garage at yours for my Cooper? No point you driving up and back to Glasgow and if you have a stable that’s good enough for your wee toy its certainly good enough for me wee car.:thumbs up:

28th January 2012, 04:47 PM
no photos of mini maternity unit :sad:

and GREIG.......NO HIGH HEELS MATE.:p :bow: :bigwave:

Stewart
29th January 2012, 02:01 AM

For anyone that did this last time, do they have some place to keep your stuff like lockers?

I fancied a few pics at the exhibition part that has a few tasty wee mini’s. Worst case I can always go back to the car to get the Camera at the end.

29th January 2012, 02:20 AM
Stewart it says below in your prev post pics are allowed at the exhibition area. I'm sure they will have lockers / cloackroom if they have a policy of taking stuff off you, don't worry!

GCA3N
29th January 2012, 07:58 AM
no photos of mini maternity unit :sad:

and GREIG.......NO HIGH HEELS MATE.:p :bow: :bigwave:

You are such a stick in the mud Joanna. :D

GCA3N
29th January 2012, 07:59 AM

For anyone that did this last time, do they have some place to keep your stuff like lockers?

I fancied a few pics at the exhibition part that has a few tasty wee mini’s. Worst case I can always go back to the car to get the Camera at the end.

And no handbags......this is crap.

Craig
29th January 2012, 10:37 AM
The T building is where you meet before the tour. It has a selection of mini's and you also get a presentation there before going on the factory part of the tour. You get given an earpiece and receiver so you can hear your tour guide as it can get quite noisy in the factory ;)

There are lockers to put your handbags, phones and cameras in. :thumbs up:

29th January 2012, 12:09 PM
And no handbags......this is crap.

never worry I'll make sure I have pockets so I can carry things for you. I'm sure I'll have room for a wee wallet and your car keys :smilewinkgrin:

GCA3N
29th January 2012, 12:20 PM
never worry I'll make sure I have pockets so I can carry things for you. I'm sure I'll have room for a wee wallet and your car keys :smilewinkgrin:

Whew, thanks Joanna Can you fit my lippy too. Gone too far haven't I ?

Craig
29th January 2012, 12:25 PM
Whew, thanks dawn. Can you fit my lippy too. Gone too far haven't I ?

Aye especially as you can't get her name right !! :lol:

GCA3N
29th January 2012, 12:28 PM
What am I like I was writing an email to dawn on TM about her sig pic at the same time. I am very tired what can say.

29th January 2012, 01:00 PM
Aye especially as you can't get her name right !! :lol:

YOU, boy, are in SO MUCH TROUBLE!

...wait till I get hold of you.

Stewart
1st February 2012, 02:37 AM
Love the fact they left Andy to work out the date to call, how lazy is that! Call us 93 days – that’s a cracker!

How easy would it to say.

Thank you for your interest in Mini, our current rules on visits is that we can’t officially take booking three months prior but I’ll take a note and provisionally book your party in for the desired date. If you could confirm on Thursday 9th February by calling me in the morning that would be appreciated so as to make sure your Party gets the desired date. My contact telephone number is **********

Kind regards,
Someone that actually cares!

MINI
Plant Oxford
Plant tours

http://youtu.be/3TltqSxA07E

Stewart
1st February 2012, 05:03 AM
And yes I have too much free time!:smilewinkgrin:

GCA3N
1st February 2012, 08:55 AM
It's a good point Stewart, beautiful illustrated.

MINI William
1st February 2012, 10:41 AM
Great Stewart brought a smile to my face before leaving for work this morning and you have WAY to much time

AndyP & Lenore
1st February 2012, 10:51 AM
Thank you Stewart, you brightened up my morning with that. Absolutely hilarious. I love the BMW Bike version too, but I didn't realise there was a way to put your own subtitles on that clip.

Muchos creditas to you dude, well done.:thumbs up:

A,:D

ELFMAN
1st February 2012, 11:30 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:Stewart - funniest thing on NMS for years! You nailed that one. But I'm worried that I may now be inadvertently 'relating' to one of the biggest monsters in world history... and you might have given MINI an idea for yet another 'Special Edition' The 280bhp 'JCW Blitzkreig'. "Ach, let's annexe the Sudetenland - it's a MINI Adventure!!!!" After all, Heinkel HE 111 bombers were initially powered by BMW engines... :hand: so there's a neat historical 'Retro' tie-in there. Khaki Vinyl Wrap anyone?

As for the 'no high heels and handbags' rule - I've just spent a bundle on a new outfit... :sad: :sadangel:

And don't worry Greig, we'll get NAME TAGS made up for the run :smilewinkgrin:

Craig
1st February 2012, 12:25 PM
See this is what I will miss most about not getting on this trip - the banter !! :laugh:

ELFMAN
1st February 2012, 01:02 PM
See this is what I will miss most about not getting on this trip - the banter !! :laugh:

We'll miss YOU, Big Yin... :sad: Not going soft - it's just the medication kicking in... and the sunshine maaaaaaaaannn!! :cool: :smug: :dizzy: Beautiful. "S'cuse me while I kiss the Sky..." :crazypilot:

GCA3N
1st February 2012, 10:01 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:Stewart - funniest thing on NMS for years! You nailed that one. But I'm worried that I may now be inadvertently 'relating' to one of the biggest monsters in world history... and you might have given MINI an idea for yet another 'Special Edition' The 280bhp 'JCW Blitzkreig'. "Ach, let's annexe the Sudetenland - it's a MINI Adventure!!!!" After all, Heinkel HE 111 bombers were initially powered by BMW engines... :hand: so there's a neat historical 'Retro' tie-in there. Khaki Vinyl Wrap anyone?

As for the 'no high heels and handbags' rule - I've just spent a bundle on a new outfit... :sad: :sadangel:

And don't worry Greig, we'll get NAME TAGS made up for the run :smilewinkgrin:

Good stuff. :thumbs up:

Coreygraham180
1st February 2012, 10:11 PM
brilliant that has really made me laugh and name tags a good idea ...tatoos better ...lol

MINI William
3rd February 2012, 11:45 AM
MINI are possibly dropping Prodrive see http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?23146-MINI-To-Drop-Prodrive&p=287418#post287418

Dont think this should effect out trip but just a little heads up

AndyP & Lenore
3rd February 2012, 12:11 PM
Cheers William.

I've emailed Prodrive to see what's what. If the roumors are true and Prodrive are not going to be involved in the WRC MINI's it makes the trip almost pointless. :frown:

More as I know it.

A.

Stewart
3rd February 2012, 01:51 PM
Right where is that edit for the bunker scene…Blooming BMW.:frown:

Thing is these things can take a while to kick in and as Pro drive has already said the Mini's would be in and its in there schedule we may be ok. It could be the last chance to see them all the same. :sad: lets hope they keep going for the rest of the 2012 season.

RobSco
3rd February 2012, 05:36 PM
Excellent Video Stewart... :yes nod: ...Certainly made us laugh... :laugh::laugh::laugh: ...Free Time that was well spent... :thumbs up:

Mon the fish
4th February 2012, 07:56 AM
Looks like it'll all be over next week - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97312

Crombers
4th February 2012, 05:06 PM
Looks like it'll all be over next week - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97312

Ugly motor anyhoo ........ :smilewinkgrin:

Great pity as the two seemed destined for success :confused:

Stewart
7th February 2012, 07:37 PM
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/Snapshot-3.jpg

ELFMAN
30th March 2012, 01:28 PM
:tumbleweed:

Stewart
30th March 2012, 06:57 PM
What do you expect its national cleavage day !:smilewinkgrin:
Holly Willoughby's cleavage named nation's favourite
I think this needs all support it can get!
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/29/article-2122302-1264CDC2000005DC-948_634x618.jpg

Hope this fills the Gap for discussion. I can whole heartedly agree with this poll.

Scarlett Johansson was placed second.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/29/article-2122302-1264CD76000005DC-475_306x445.jpg

Just you find out if the party will be Elfman heavy or the light version! :thumbs up:

weefossy
30th March 2012, 08:23 PM
Just catching up with this thread and have to say I've lost the plot.....or the will to live.
Hitler's bunker speach (which was superb Stewart :thumbs up:) to National Cleavage day. All we heed now is some Botticelli

I love banter threads :p 3434

15th April 2012, 11:49 AM
the latest potential drama to hit the tour... :thud:

http://www.motoringfile.com/2012/04/14/rumor-mini-plant-oxford-facing-possible-labor-strike/

AndyP & Lenore
15th April 2012, 01:18 PM
Hmmmm.:frown:

Need to keep an eye on this.

A.

Stewart
15th April 2012, 10:03 PM
http://youtu.be/KV0f-Mcgucs

:sad::sad::sad::sad:

Craig
15th April 2012, 11:35 PM
Pmsl Stew ,). Qualitee !! :lol:

15th April 2012, 11:51 PM
:lol: stewart.

They have to let us go we've been through so much :sad:

Crombers
16th April 2012, 12:18 AM
I'm popping into Huntleys once a month these days (work!) & I've mentioned/told em/championed NMS that yer coming, so this better happen

So chuffed that this 'pit stop' has now become a part of NMS folklore :hand:

16th April 2012, 12:32 AM
what is Huntley's, is it that awesome looking farm shop that was flagged up previously?

Crombers
16th April 2012, 01:15 AM
what is Huntley's, is it that awesome looking farm shop that was flagged up previously?

Yup, farm stop & shop just off J31 (Preston M6)

My wee sis found it (lives in Herts, & is up down a few times a year) via a Sunday supplement she read many years ago all about the best 20 places to stop 'just off the motorway'

We (NMS) must have used Huntleys many times over the years & it has never failed to dissapoint (many happy memories of the NMS gang) :thumbs up:

zimbo
16th April 2012, 09:26 AM
Great vid Stewart :lol:

I wonder what the chances will be that because we are are having our tour at the very same weekend of the NEW GP World launch/debute at the MU in France that we might be lucky enough to get a chance to see one at the plant seeing as were going to see their plant and not going to the IMM (apart from Baz and Ben of course, LUCKY BUGGERS:drool:) I think we deserve that special treatment :yes nod:

Fingers crossed that there wont be any strike and that its just a scaremongering tactic, or at least not until weve had our tour anyway, I'm more excited about seeing PRODRIVE and the WRC MINI than I am the Oxford plant seeing as I've seen it twice maybe three times already unless of course we can get a chance to see the new GP then it will be an awesome trip for me :smug:

Stewart
16th April 2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah it would be magic if at the end they said for an extra wee treat we are bringing round the newest model to the car park for you to look at oh and its not the Roadster! :smilewinkgrin:

Let me introduce you to the R56 GP.

Whole Mini Group

:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::t hud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud:

ELFMAN
16th April 2012, 01:16 PM
Another classic Stewart! :laugh:
Who'd have thought Hitler could cause so much amusement to so many? Hope he's turning on his own private eternal BBQ at the very thought! :yes nod:

ELFMAN
16th April 2012, 01:26 PM

Excellent food Joanna :drool:and a much improved customer experience since they introduced "Naked Thursdays"...:smilewinkgrin: Brings a whole new meaning to a "Full English".

ps Can you actually buy a Farm at the shop:confused:

16th April 2012, 01:46 PM
well Euan it's lucky we're going on FRIDAY then isn't it :phew:

Craig
16th April 2012, 01:56 PM
Eh, we will be stopping for Brunch on Thursday ;)

ELFMAN
16th April 2012, 03:48 PM
Eh, we will be stopping for Brunch on Thursday ;)

:Whistle:Whatever you do, don't ask for 'Warm Baps'... :blush: I can still hear the screams when that bloke ordered a 'Flat Sausage' :wtf: :frown:

Stewart
16th April 2012, 06:01 PM
Oh dear and I thought it could not get any lower than Adolf not being a happy bunny but I salute you my good man….:smilewinkgrin:

On a side note, I really hope the workers don't over shadow the build up to MU12 by going on strike the week before to make a point. Lets hope BMW don't let the publicity and great event of MU go to waste by headlines of strikes.

ELFMAN
19th April 2012, 02:16 PM
Oh dear and I thought it could not get any lower than Adolf not being a happy bunny but I salute you my good man….:smilewinkgrin:

Sorry Stewart, the medication's a bit hit and miss...

Forbes
19th April 2012, 06:56 PM
I will be seeing the new GP on Saturday after the Tour anyway:smilewinkgrin:

Stewart
19th April 2012, 07:06 PM
I will be seeing the new GP on Saturday after the Tour anyway:smilewinkgrin:

Mission impossible music!

“Your mission should you chose to take it, is to take as many pictures from all angles of the R56 GP before it becomes embarrassing and get them uploaded as soon as possible. This message will self-destruct in 20 seconds!”

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TUpIrk4rTMs/T19cQdEzWVI/AAAAAAAAGSU/K8swjgW8DF8/s320/mission+impossible1.gif

19th April 2012, 10:31 PM
:lol:

Crombers
24th April 2012, 12:59 PM
Currently having lunch (soup & a sarny) at Huntley's .......

Souoooooooperb ................. Enjoy yer visit in a couple of weeks time folks :thumbs up:

Craig
24th April 2012, 01:04 PM
Currently having lunch (soup & a sarny) at Huntley's .......

Souoooooooperb ................. Enjoy yer visit in a couple of weeks time folks :thumbs up:

:thumbs up: cannae wait !! :clap:

Crombers
24th April 2012, 01:07 PM
:thumbs up: cannae wait !! :clap:

Have you booked or do you want me to do the deed?

Craig
24th April 2012, 01:20 PM
Have you booked or do you want me to do the deed?

Good idea. Book for 11am on the 10th May for approx 20 people. Upstairs as normal :thumbs up:

Cheers ;)

Crombers
24th April 2012, 01:29 PM
All done fella & upstairs you all are.

Breckie finishes at 11:40 so no hingin aboot on the Mway :hand:

Craig
24th April 2012, 01:39 PM
All done fella & upstairs you all are.

Breckie finishes at 11:40 so no hingin aboot on the Mway :hand:

Thank you sir ;)

Nothing stops me getting to ma brekkie !! :lol:

24th April 2012, 02:01 PM
sounds ace :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
24th April 2012, 03:40 PM
Thank you sir ;) Nothing stops me getting to ma brekkie !! :lol:

Aye, it was terrible last year when that group of pensioners walked in front of you...

3476 Pure Carnage :frown:
The Judge only let you off with a caution because he knew how good the scran was... :hand:

ps - funny how the Hulk's trousers seem to expand when everything else rips apart... handy for his 'big brekkie' though :smilewinkgrin:

Craig
24th April 2012, 03:47 PM
aye, it was terrible last year when that group of pensioners walked in front of you...

3476 pure carnage :frown:
The judge only let you off with a caution because he knew how good the scran was... :hand:

ps - funny how the hulk's trousers seem to expand when everything else rips apart... Handy for his 'big brekkie' though :smilewinkgrin:

pmsl !!

ELFMAN
24th April 2012, 04:25 PM
pmsl !!

Craig, it's not funny, some of these poor old folks are still in therapy... and plaster :sad:

Ah, here we are... "NewMiniScotland". I'm posting some pics of yon angry Big Green B*st*rd in the tight breeks who stood on us. AND he nicked my f***ing sausages...

Crombers
24th April 2012, 05:15 PM
sounds ace :thumbs up:

Oh yes indeedy, it sure beats the MWay services ........ Yup :thumbs up:

Be sure to pop into the wine shop, good selection (a bit pricey mind) & a nice bottle of Rioja to crack open with family this eve whilst watching Barca (hopefully) humping Chelski :soccer:

24th April 2012, 11:00 PM
mmmmmmmmmm, Rioja is my favourite!
I don't know how I'm going to curb my spending on this trip :frown: and my new wee house needs me to save! sorry wee house.

ELFMAN
26th April 2012, 12:03 AM
mmmmmmmmmm, Rioja is my favourite!

How about a cheeky wee Vimto? :smilewinkgrin: Room temp obviously.

stoney
26th April 2012, 08:03 AM
well enjoy the trip guys i will be in Spain now :lol:

ELFMAN
2nd May 2012, 09:41 AM
well enjoy the trip guys i will be in Spain now :lol:

Hethethetheth, ethetheth, ethethetheth... SCORCHIO!!!!

stoney
2nd May 2012, 09:51 AM
Hethethetheth, ethetheth, ethethetheth... SCORCHIO!!!!

:lol: trust you ;)

ELFMAN
2nd May 2012, 10:06 AM
EEEt's a medicaal condeeeeethion! :smilewinkgrin:

Stewart
2nd May 2012, 10:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=abFJuqp867g

You cant beat a bit of the Fast Show:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
3rd May 2012, 08:13 AM
:laugh: :thumbs up:

3rd May 2012, 11:47 PM
CRAIG, have you still got my camera case that I left on yer mammy's hedge by mistake? Was using my camera tonight (currently stored in a sock) and thought AH!!! Will try and remember to say nearer the time but can you bring it with you to Oxford please if you remember?! :thumbs up:

Craig
3rd May 2012, 11:49 PM
CRAIG, have you still got my camera case that I left on yer mammy's hedge by mistake? Was using my camera tonight (currently stored in a sock) and though AH!!! Will try and remember to say nearer the time but can you bring it with you to Oxford please if you remember?! :thumbs up:

Yep I still have it and will bring in next week ;)

3rd May 2012, 11:51 PM
:thumbs up:

zimbo
4th May 2012, 09:06 AM
(currently stored in a sock) LOL thats the funniest thing I've read in a very long time. Joanna, you've made my day :-) lol

Craig
4th May 2012, 12:32 PM
Six sleeps to go :thumbs up: :clap:

ELFMAN
4th May 2012, 02:05 PM
Four sleeps to go.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH HHHHHH!!!!!! :explode:

6th May 2012, 09:55 PM
LOL thats the funniest thing I've read in a very long time. Joanna, you've made my day :-) lol

my satnav actually lives in the other sock :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
6th May 2012, 10:00 PM
my satnav actually lives in the other sock :smilewinkgrin:

You should put those two together, you may end up with a pair of knickers.:laugh:

Stewart
7th May 2012, 06:54 PM
http://runstop.de/ny-meetwomen10.jpg

Wishing our Elfman all the best for tomorrow. You’ll be in safe hands just like Uncle Benny!

Craig
7th May 2012, 07:12 PM
Hear Hear Stewart :clap:

Fingers crossed all goes well for you Euan ;)

cuddles
7th May 2012, 07:24 PM
Good luck for tomorrow from the Harper Clan xxxxxxxxxx

7th May 2012, 07:53 PM
aw I was thinking that was Wednesday! All good wishes from me and Pip too! :smilewinkgrin:
We will see you on Thursday morning waving from a sliproad as you join the mighty convoy! Toot Toot!

AndyP & Lenore
7th May 2012, 07:54 PM
Good luck tomorrow Euan, hope all goes well.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

ELFMAN
7th May 2012, 11:47 PM
:thumbs up: THANKS EVERYBODY!!! Your support is most appreciated - I'll wear it during the procedure :smilewinkgrin:
Rest assured, apart from getting my eye 'modded', the next thing on my 'to do' list is to be with you guys on Thursday :yes nod: :motoring:

7th May 2012, 11:59 PM
no chance we'll leave you behind mr elf. do you get a pirate patch and a parrot?

Mini Ecosse
8th May 2012, 07:31 AM
Good luck today Euan.

Ally getting knee replacement op today

weefossy
8th May 2012, 11:52 AM
Eye, yell be aw right Euan. See you Thursday. I'm told nurses love weatheralls!!

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2012, 04:21 PM
Fan-bloody-tastic:frown:. Just picked the blue MINI up from the garage, it was in for it's MOT. "Advisory; rear discs severely pitted and corroded basically now guffed - but then what do you expect from cr@p MINI quality."

No opporchancity to get them done before the Epic run on Thursday so, do we risk taking the hatch or go with the countryman... Decisions, decisions...

A.

stoney
8th May 2012, 05:39 PM
If its the backs I would just take the hatch but as you have the countryman then you have a choice ;) curse of the mothership rears its head again :(

zimbo
8th May 2012, 05:49 PM
Hope all went well today Euan. Countryman :-) gets my vote MrP

8th May 2012, 05:50 PM
if it's going to be wet, take the one with brakes!

weefossy
8th May 2012, 09:26 PM
Andy, it's only an "advisory" so it is not a problem. If there was any problem it would have been a "fail". Probably can be done at the next brake service interval.

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2012, 09:42 PM
Andy, it's only an "advisory" so it is not a problem. If there was any problem it would have been a "fail". Probably can be done at the next brake service interval.

Cheers Malcolm. The next brake service is scheduled in 16,000 miles. :thud: The car has only done 26,000 miles since new. The discs were replaced 2 years ago as the same was happening to them then. It's just because we don't use the car enough, they just sit and corrode. So, we've booked it in to get the discs done on Monday. I had a look at them earlier and I'm no expert but they do look a bit guff.

However, the garage assured me the car would be fine for the trip down south. So I think we'll be using the hatch. The countryman is a bit..... thirsty on those kind of distances. :thud:

Gismo
8th May 2012, 09:56 PM
So, wouldn't you be better to replace them with disks that won't corrode?

Craig
8th May 2012, 10:20 PM

Dinnae think it will be there much longer, plus MINI replaced the last ones so they would be the cheap crappy ones which is why they have corroded again :(

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2012, 11:09 PM

Dinnae think it will be there much longer, plus MINI replaced the last ones so they would be the cheap crappy ones which is why they have corroded again :(

It's not the type/manufacturer of discs that's the problem, it's the fact we don't drive the thing. I'm not convinced green stuff or brembo would last any longer without being used. However, I'm no expert and happy to stand corrected.

Also, as Craig say's, this MINI may not be around much longer. I can see two going into one some time this year.

A.

ELFMAN
9th May 2012, 01:17 PM
Hi Folks, if you check my post on the 'official' thread, you'll see I'm out due to 'post op' stuff. Totally gutted, but no option as the op was quite involved and on surgeon's advice I'm not really in a position (ooo-er...) to travel tomporrow. So I'm fixed and f***** at the same time.

Have a FAB trip - I'll be with you in spirit.... while feeling quite sorry for myself! :sad:

9th May 2012, 01:20 PM
really gutted for you :(

stoney
9th May 2012, 04:36 PM
Hi Folks, if you check my post on the 'official' thread, you'll see I'm out due to 'post op' stuff. Totally gutted, but no option as the op was quite involved and on surgeon's advice I'm not really in a position (ooo-er...) to travel tomporrow. So I'm fixed and f***** at the same time.

Have a FAB trip - I'll be with you in spirit.... while feeling quite sorry for myself! :sad:

Gutted for you mate :(

Gismo
9th May 2012, 05:01 PM
As everyone says, gutted for you Mr Elf

ELFMAN
9th May 2012, 05:02 PM
Yes, going back to bed - if I'm asleep I might at least DREAM I'm in tomorrow's convoy! :dizzy: :motoring: :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
9th May 2012, 07:54 PM
:motoring:Just to get the juices flowing....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnnrhhZjTh8&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4IBPd7-LlQ&feature=relmfu

ELFMAN
9th May 2012, 07:59 PM

NMS hits Downtown Oxford
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4IBPd7-LlQ&feature=relmfu

NMS finds a way out of PRODRIVE HQ with those 'special' engine upgrades
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnnrhhZjTh8&feature=relmfu

NEVER mess with the Pepper White car... :smilewinkgrin:

HAVE A GREAT TRIP! :thumbs up: :bigwave:

AndyP & Lenore
9th May 2012, 10:05 PM

Awesome post Elfman.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

A. :lol:

Stewart
9th May 2012, 10:08 PM
U-tube (http://youtu.be/jWMXxyxDjzY)

One last one!

why its a wee bit laggy on the site when on U-tube its flawless so just gave the link.

9th May 2012, 10:12 PM
GASP!!!!
you said you didn't care who drove!!!! NOW I feel like totally and utterly guilty :(

and you waxed it TWICE!!! so much so you told me twice. Oh no I am bad :sad:

ps played fine for me Stew. But cut me deep. What sweeties do you like, I have ground to make up and I'm not sure my chat or my ipod 'selection' is going to cut it....

will you sing along to footloose and gimme hope Jo'anna?

AndyP & Lenore
9th May 2012, 10:13 PM
Well, I think we're all set...

Car: detailed - not just washed, oh no, DETAILED I'll have you.
Tyres: checked
Oil: Checked
Cleaning kit: Packed
PMR: in the car.
Road Pilot: installed
Bag: packed.
Documentation: printed.

Ready for the 7.30am start.:thumbs up:

Bet I don't sleep.:frown:

Stewart
9th May 2012, 10:19 PM
GASP!!!!
you said you didn't care who drove!!!! NOW I feel like totally and utterly guilty :(

and you waxed it TWICE!!! so much so you told me twice. Oh no I am bad :sad:

:smilewinkgrin: not at all! Happy for you to drive. M-Way bore me to death, now if it had been a Run to Durness then I'd have been gutted not to be driving but happy to chill and enjoy the ride down shotgun. I'm sure it will be an adventure! :thumbs up:

oh sweets I have both Bitsa Wispa and Maltesers ready to go........

http://www.atb-bargains.co.uk/ekmps/shops/atbbargains/images/maltesers-large-bag-135g.-2384-p[ekm]300x300[ekm].jpg

9th May 2012, 10:20 PM
i'd better go and do me tyres and rainx hadn't I....

Stewart
9th May 2012, 10:26 PM
no go to bed!

Night all....

Craig
9th May 2012, 10:40 PM
Night Stew and all. All ready for tomorrow. Done the same as you Andy apart from the packed cleaning kit. Nae room for it in my mini MINI :lol:

9th May 2012, 10:42 PM
mum phoned......NOW I'm going to sort the tyres!

AndyP & Lenore
9th May 2012, 10:47 PM
Night Stew and all. All ready for tomorrow. Done the same as you Andy apart from the packed cleaning kit. Nae room for it in my mini MINI :lol:

*cough*shouldaboughtacountryman*cough* :lol:

Craig
9th May 2012, 10:56 PM
*cough*shouldaboughtacountryman*cough* :lol:

Whatever! :moonie: oh I'll tell Jude cos it's her car after all ;)

AndyP & Lenore
9th May 2012, 10:59 PM
Whatever! :moonie: oh I'll tell Jude cos it's her car after all ;):lol::lol::lol:

AndyP & Lenore
9th May 2012, 11:03 PM
U-tube (http://youtu.be/jWMXxyxDjzY)

One last one!

why its a wee bit laggy on the site when on U-tube its flawless so just gave the link.

Stewart you are DE MASTER at these Hitler/Youtube takes. Absolutely hilarious.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"But he waxed his car twice for this":lol:

Craig
10th May 2012, 06:27 AM
Right - who's ready ?!?!? Just having a bit of toast then we are off ;) ;)

AndyP & Lenore
10th May 2012, 06:42 AM
Right - who's ready ?!?!? Just having a bit of toast then we are off ;) ;)

US! Ish. Just washing some sleep out our eyes and we're off.

Oh and, what a waste of time washing/waxing the car was. Grumbles... weather.... grumbles.... shakes head.... grumbles..... miserable bas*****

A.

Neil - TXJ
10th May 2012, 07:05 AM
Wagons roll.

Mini Ecosse
10th May 2012, 07:49 AM
Enjoy your trip Guy's & Gal's

stoney
10th May 2012, 07:56 AM
Have fun guys

Neil - TXJ
10th May 2012, 09:06 AM
Should have bought a boat!

Craig
10th May 2012, 10:55 AM
At Huntleys for breakfast . Mmmmmmm ;)

Neil - TXJ
11th May 2012, 06:01 PM
I'm home 😊

ELFMAN
11th May 2012, 06:11 PM
Hope you had a great one folks!

Nice one Stewart - sorry about the faffing around, I'd much rather have been (cough, splutter... someting's up, I'm changing... small moustache, rubbish haircut...) DA ZUM IHRE FANTASTISCHE ZWEI AUTOPOLISCHIEREN GESEHEN!!! ENTSCHULDIGEN SIE MICH, JETZT HABE ICH ALLES GEF***ED... :ragin:
(sound of single shot and slumping ELFMAN).

MINI William
11th May 2012, 06:23 PM
Home and have been for a wee while. We all had a great time. Thanks to Andy and Lenore for organising. Was great at seeing all of Prodrive and there were also new bits to see at The MINI Plant

stoney
11th May 2012, 09:14 PM
Glad u had a good time guys ;) I have been siting in the sun at catalunya ;) 32degrees here today ;)

Craig
11th May 2012, 11:23 PM
Glad u had a good time guys ;) I have been siting in the sun at catalunya ;) 32degrees here today ;)

And plenty sun burn !! :lol:

stoney
12th May 2012, 07:37 AM
And plenty sun burn !! :lol:

Yep lots of it :lol:

Stewart
12th May 2012, 11:47 AM
Sorry you Missed it Euan.:sad: I was not pointing a finger at anyone for Hitler but I had waxed my car twice :smilewinkgrin: so it’s sitting on the drive looking clean thanks to Joanna’s hard work doing all the driving in the rain on the way down:thumbs up:. Thankfully we seemed to miss the bad weather coming up and got over the boarders in sunshine with very little rain.

12th May 2012, 01:35 PM
I was very glad of the company but would much rather you'd been able to come and enjoy it too Euan. Stewart's company was great but his navigating and sign reading skills didn't really add much benefit - we were half way down the slip road onto the M6 non toll road before he shouted NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I was very :ragin: :argh: :frown: :sad: that I'd managed to stuff that one up and missed out on the blast away from the tolls again!
We were all thinking of you a lot. Hope you're recovering quickly!

I suggest a Glasgowish mini mini meet soon for a fish supper :smilewinkgrin: if anyone fancies it?!

ELFMAN
12th May 2012, 04:41 PM
Cheers Guys! Glad you had a good time, I'm getting on pretty well (see main thread).

Stewart - knew you were OK, AND your car's all shiny for the "Summer" if it ever happens...

Joanna, Stewart and I are BOTH crap at directions, we both got lost (entirely independently in our own cars) at the same diversion on our way home from the last NMS run in Fife, and spent about an hour going around in a big confused circle.

As for the M6 Tolls - the first year, I arrived with NO CHANGE (it was in my wallet... IN THE BOOT!) but by cunning use of walkie talkies, the passenger in the MINI in front of me jumped out and give me the money while his driver paid theirs - worked a treat though, and I got to zoom out of the blocks in my noisy old JCW! Last time, I had the money OK, but LEFT THE TRACTION CONTROL ON and bogged down like an old Lada before the power came in about 5 seconds later - what a complete d*ck. The 'swear box' was full to overflowing that time. Don't talk to me about Tolls...

I'd certainly be up for a wee Glasgow meet for some Fish and Chips, or Chinese, or Italian... at some point in the near future. Even just a town centre meet - you can park in one of the multi-storey car parks like Buchanan Street or Cambridge Street for £1.50 after 6.30pm - so car's reasonably safe and Sauchiehall St etc is only a few mins walk.

Stewart
14th May 2012, 10:34 AM
we were half way down the slip road onto the M6 non toll road before he shouted NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I was very :ragin: :argh: :frown: :sad:

Here I’m no taking even part blame for that :moonie: lighting quick reactions and a wrong executive decision was taken by someone holding a steering wheel. I was happy we were on the right road till someone pointed to a sign we had just about passed screaming is that the turn off.:confused:

My reaction time could have been quicker yes but I was not expecting a stage exit left all of a sudden:oops:. You even managed to blame the poor Sat-nav for not telling you to keep going straight, but then it did not tell you to blooming well take the exit.:smilewinkgrin:

Anyway end result everyone and Sat-Nav in the dog house and we now know why people now go on the toll road.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
14th May 2012, 10:42 AM
PMSL at that comeback Stewart. :lol:

A :D

Craig
14th May 2012, 11:18 AM
:lol: great reply Stew ;). And the toll road is worth EVERY penny :yes nod:

ELFMAN
14th May 2012, 12:22 PM
the toll road is worth EVERY penny :yes nod:

Unless you leave your f***ing Traction Control on at the barriers... :ragin::argh:

ELFMAN
19th May 2012, 05:31 PM
Just been up to Craig's with Stoney for a wee run in G3ELF to pick up some 'goodies'.

I was looking forward to getting something like a wee 'Prodrive' sticker for the car... Craig gave me some nice WRC MINI posters and a FAB Aston Martin Prodrive shirt - I believe Sioban was heavilly involved in this...Ta Mom! Then Craig says "There's another wee thing we got for you, don't know whether you'll want it or not" and disappears around the side of the garage... (here comes my handy Prodrive sticker I thought...)
BLOODY HELL, IT'S A HUGE CHUNK OF PRODRIVE WRC MINI!!!! :drool: :excited: :clap: :thud:
I thought he was kidding!
Do I want it? Damn right I do! :dance:It's '3 WRC' - 3's my lucky number, and today's my lucky day! :thumbs up:

After the disappointment of missing the trip, and all the medical nonsense, this is a Most Excellent thing. Many thanks to everybody who cajoled Prodrive out of these brilliant goodies, and to those who struggled up the road with a large piece of MINI Rally History. It's all very much appreciated, and I can only send out a big :arms: to all involved. Rest assured, it'll be given its own shrine in my garage - and I now have no excuse not to clean all the junk out to make it so.

TA EVERYBODY, MY OVER HAS RARELY BEEN SO WHELMED.
See you all soon, and if you're VERY good, I might let you touch my Bumper. :blush: :bigwave:
I'm definitely going on the next Prodrive Visit to see if they'll give me the rest of the car!

ps Stoney has a picture of a big bloke and a wee bloke and a big red thing that used to go very fast which he'll post when he gets a minute.

stoney
19th May 2012, 05:34 PM
3512 a wee pic from Elfman picking up his goodies

ELFMAN
19th May 2012, 05:39 PM
Thanks Rob!

I'm just trying to figure out how to graft it onto G3 ELF... (which you can see lurking in the background).

RobSco
19th May 2012, 05:59 PM
Now thats what you call a pressie Euan and an excellent bit of Mini Rally History to keep... :thumbs up: ...and I'm sure there will be a few wanting to touch your bumper... :laugh:
It's like when you buy those magazines where you get a bit each week to build your car, and you don't know how many issues it'll run... :lol:

Euan, I now know what you look like and can put a face to the Elfman when I'm talking to you on here, glad to see your over your op... :yes nod:

19th May 2012, 06:32 PM
:clap: :clap: I've been dying for this handover to happen!!

MY OVER HAS RARELY BEEN SO WHELMED.

brilliant!

...and now I can picture the elf too :yes nod:, you're like a real person now, instead of just a mystical elf. (you can still be a mystical elf as well, if you like).

PS whose driveway are you parked in?!...

Gismo
19th May 2012, 06:56 PM
Nice one, well done the NMS crew :thumbs up:

Neil - TXJ
19th May 2012, 07:11 PM
Just been up to Craig's with Stoney for a wee run in G3ELF to pick up some 'goodies'.

I was looking forward to getting something like a wee 'Prodrive' sticker for the car... Craig gave me some nice WRC MINI posters and a FAB Aston Martin Prodrive shirt - I believe Sioban was heavilly involved in this...Ta Mom! Then Craig says "There's another wee thing we got for you, don't know whether you'll want it or not" and disappears around the side of the garage... (here comes my handy Prodrive sticker I thought...)
BLOODY HELL, IT'S A HUGE CHUNK OF PRODRIVE WRC MINI!!!! :drool: :excited: :clap: :thud:
I thought he was kidding!
Do I want it? Damn right I do! :dance:It's '3 WRC' - 3's my lucky number, and today's my lucky day! :thumbs up:

After the disappointment of missing the trip, and all the medical nonsense, this is a Most Excellent thing. Many thanks to everybody who cajoled Prodrive out of these brilliant goodies, and to those who struggled up the road with a large piece of MINI Rally History. It's all very much appreciated, and I can only send out a big :arms: to all involved. Rest assured, it'll be given its own shrine in my garage - and I now have no excuse not to clean all the junk out to make it so.

TA EVERYBODY, MY OVER HAS RARELY BEEN SO WHELMED.
See you all soon, and if you're VERY good, I might let you touch my Bumper. :blush: :bigwave:
I'm definitely going on the next Prodrive Visit to see if they'll give me the rest of the car!

ps Stoney has a picture of a big bloke and a wee bloke and a big red thing that used to go very fast which he'll post when he gets a minute.

Glad you liked it 😊

AndyP & Lenore
19th May 2012, 07:26 PM
I'm really glad you like the bumper Euan. That's awesome.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

When Jackie came up to me and Craig and said "I've got a WRC bumper you can have if you want", Craig and I looked at each other and said "Elfman!" Then to figure out how to get it North for you. The obvious choices were the Countryman's but they were full of humans, so Trigger very kindly stepped up. Awesome dude.

So, I'm glad it's going in your garage, it's going to look the dogs danglies. Get a pic up when you're all done.:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
19th May 2012, 11:14 PM
Thanks Trigger - and everyone - I seem to owe a whole lot of people a whole lot of pints! :beer::beer::beer:

ELFMAN
19th May 2012, 11:21 PM
...and now I can picture the elf too :yes nod:, you're like a real person now, instead of just a mystical elf. (you can still be a mystical elf as well, if you like). PS whose driveway are you parked in?!...

'Like a real person', but not quite eh? I merely assume this (almost) human form for ease of MINI driving, shopping and collecting large pieces of rally cars - We Mystical Elves actually look like 'Legolas' from Lord of the Rings and usually travel by invisible giant psychedelic Albatross :thumbs up:

I was in the driveway of an empty house I think - I just went where The Big Man told me to go! :smilewinkgrin:

Stewart
19th May 2012, 11:33 PM
Had nothing to do with getting it or transport but thought at the time when it was going into the back of trigs car, well if he can’t come then we are sure giving it a good go taking the tour to him. ;)

Glad you liked it…

19th May 2012, 11:54 PM
I merely assume this (almost) human form for ease of MINI driving, shopping and collecting large pieces of rally cars

Stealth, very good.

We Mystical Elves actually look like 'Legolas'
:idunno:

and usually travel by invisible giant psychedelic Albatross :thumbs up:
cool!

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2012, 12:01 AM
For Joanna...

Legolas>

http://images.wikia.com/lotr/images/c/c0/Legolas.jpg

Beware of imitations. See next post.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2012, 12:06 AM
For Joanna...

NOT Legolas>

http://tili.co.uk/fun_stuff/legolas2.jpg

20th May 2012, 12:07 AM
nice ears! :lol:

ELFMAN
20th May 2012, 12:08 AM
All the better to hear you with :smilewinkgrin:
Here's one where I look a bit more butch... Larkhall Elves are well hard :knife:

ELFMAN
20th May 2012, 12:12 AM
Andy, I'm going to visit you in the small hours and put a ferret up your nightdress. It's the Lothlorien way...

Must go and sleep, I have to Co-Pilot Stoney later this morning, which means we'll be lost 10 minutes into the run. Night Night everybody :bye:

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2012, 12:16 AM
Andy, I'm going to visit you in the small hours and put a ferret up your nightdress. It's the Lothlorien way...

PMSL. :lol:

Neil - TXJ
20th May 2012, 08:14 AM
Thanks Trigger - and everyone - I seem to owe a whole lot of people a whole lot of pints! :beer::beer::beer:

No problem at all.

ELFMAN
26th June 2012, 03:20 PM
'3 WRC' front end now safely in hut, keeping my other lesser MINI parts company. I believe they've actually started worshipping it...

Thanks to Craig and Jude for the storage (at very reasonable rates), and to Stoney for bringing it down at the weekend - and again to everybody involved in procuring what has to be the most awesome 'post-op' gift ever received!

"One Careful Owner...

Well now it's TWO careful owners! :smilewinkgrin:

Stewart
26th June 2012, 04:43 PM
That guy could fit into the HT ;) Well he would have this year thats for sure with the new roads......Great to think that could be your front end charging around in the pic's..

Craig
26th June 2012, 06:43 PM
:thumbs up:

Your very welcome Euan ;). Glad it's finally "home"

zimbo
26th June 2012, 07:24 PM
Talking of PRODRIVE....

It's not everyday one can get to sit in a car worth £1,5m (I certainly dont anyway...)

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1050/pro4r.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/341/pro4r.jpg/)

Picture was taken by dad (aka Malcolm/weefossy) Thanks Malcolm

weefossy
26th June 2012, 08:00 PM
No problem Ali. Will send the rest later.
Come on Euan, shed or garage isn't good enough. That "carbon fibre work of art" should be up in the kitchen, hall, bedroom or even the living room!! ....lol
Or accross the front of your desk at work?

RobSco
26th June 2012, 08:36 PM
No problem Ali. Will send the rest later.
Come on Euan, shed or garage isn't good enough. That "carbon fibre work of art" should be up in the kitchen, hall, bedroom or even the living room!! ....lol

I'm with you on this one Malcolm... :thumbs up: ... Although... He might be starting up his own Mini Museum and then charge us admission. Hopefully we'll get NMS discounted admission rates... :lol:

26th June 2012, 09:44 PM
great picture malcolm/zimbo.

ELFMAN
27th June 2012, 08:47 AM

Not so straight forward when you're not in 'full control' of the house Malcolm! I did suggest to my Dad that we hung it over the mantelpiece in the living room... I should get the stitches out in a week or so. It's also bigger than you think (and so is the bumper :smilewinkgrin:) so the bedroom couldn't handle it either.

It's safe and secure for now until I get my garage sorted out to give it a permanent 'display area' and if anybody wants to see it, viewings can be arranged! No touching though :hand:

zimbo
27th June 2012, 09:26 AM
...No touching though :hand:

Oooo eeerrrrr.... :hand:

ELFMAN
27th June 2012, 10:47 AM
GITYERMITZAFFITT! :stamp:
Just you stick to hotwiring Aston Martins! :laugh:

stoney
27th June 2012, 12:48 PM
Brill photo Zimbo lucky bugger

Elfman you where luck it made it to larkhall :lol:

ELFMAN
27th June 2012, 02:22 PM
Elfman you where luck it made it to larkhall :lol:

Aye, and I've bought a Rottweiler, so you can stop making cunning plans to nick it.

weefossy
27th June 2012, 05:23 PM
Aye you Larkhall guys are always a step ahead :D............my next move was to offer to "look after it" for you in the meantime ....Doh! :rolleyes:

ELFMAN
27th June 2012, 05:37 PM

"DOH" indeed Malcolm...